[PoF] Deadeye Builds/Discussion

saerni.2584

I have tried a few different build but I think I found a good mix. Using Critical Strikes 3-2-3, Acro 3-3-3 and Deadeye 2-3-2. Weapons are S/P and P/P. Haven't come across much I can't handle. I was using Trickery for a while instead of Acro but I needed some condi removal. So far I haven't missed it.

Also, I don't miss rifle... which I think is a problem.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAsa6al8MhCnYjTw8JQ/ELUFWXPJAEk2yRDmqDfgcR+IB-jRRfABZqMwVlgco+ToK9AQ/AA-e

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashanor.5319 said:True. Anyone else having a hard time deciding between Shadow Arts or Critical Strikes for their third line?

I know trait decisions are terribly difficult at the moment for a few of the elite specializations. Some times it is just a matter of personal preference or play-style that makes a specific trait work in a build. My best advice is go with your gut! Mine was with be quick or be killed. But out of your two selections i would say fire for effect, because you take more benefit from what atleast i can tell at the moment from perfectionist.

From Cave Rock.

@Tealots.6095 said:I guess a lot of people have been noticing the interesting synergy with Deadeye and Sword-Dagger. I've been running a SD/PP build in SPvP the past two days and it's pretty rewarding. This is it here.

No defined role like DP Daredevil. But the idea is to have condi cleanse, evades and boon removal on SD. Swindler's Equilibrium is a great trait when you factor in Unforgiving. Throw in the Mercy Cantrip and you're ripping a lot of boons, throwing a lot of daze around, and stunning a ton too. It's a great lockdown set. And all the haste makes the sword auto a passable pseudo-burst.

Pistol/Pistol is there to take out targets when you're not focused. Some of the Acro traits can be tweaked if you're afraid of more condi.

That is a pretty nasty looking build, especially with the dazaes and pistol/pistol damage!

From Cave Rock

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@Tealots.6095 said:I guess a lot of people have been noticing the interesting synergy with Deadeye and Sword-Dagger. I've been running a SD/PP build in SPvP the past two days and it's pretty rewarding. This is it

No defined role like DP Daredevil. But the idea is to have condi cleanse, evades and boon removal on SD. Swindler's Equilibrium is a great trait when you factor in Unforgiving. Throw in the Mercy Cantrip and you're ripping a lot of boons, throwing a lot of daze around, and stunning a ton too. It's a great lockdown set. And all the haste makes the sword auto a passable pseudo-burst.

Pistol/Pistol is there to take out targets when you're not focused. Some of the Acro traits can be tweaked if you're afraid of more condi.

That is a pretty nasty looking build, especially with the dazaes and pistol/pistol damage!

From Cave Rock

Thanks! The PP damage is really nice, BUT I think it really itches our trigger finger. A lot of times I'll get caught in PP and have 0 initiative. I forget it has defenses like Black Powder and Body Shot.

The real are a where it shines is with SD. So many jukes are possible with Infiltrator's Strike/Return. Within a span of seconds using Swindler's Equilibrium in acro and the Mercy cantrip you can mark someone three times. That's nine boons stolen, three interrupts and then three stuns. All while you're hopefully evading. The haste you get from Be Quick or Be Killed + Unforgiving also turns the sword auto attack into a pistol whip.

@Tealots.6095 said:

@Tealots.6095 said:I guess a lot of people have been noticing the interesting synergy with Deadeye and Sword-Dagger. I've been running a SD/PP build in SPvP the past two days and it's pretty rewarding. This is it

From Cave Rock

Thanks! The PP damage is really nice, BUT I think it really itches our trigger finger. A lot of times I'll get caught in PP and have 0 initiative. I forget it has defenses like Black Powder and Body Shot.

The real are a where it shines is with SD. So many jukes are possible with Infiltrator's Strike/Return. Within a span of seconds using Swindler's Equilibrium in acro and the Mercy cantrip you can mark someone three times. That's nine boons stolen, three interrupts and then three stuns. All while you're hopefully evading. The haste you get from Be Quick or Be Killed + Unforgiving also turns the sword auto attack into a pistol whip.

Hey again Tealots, I forget how easy it is to chew through initiative with a pistol/pistol setup. Actually the build I suggested to Saerni was rifle and sword/dagger. It is hard to pass up on those duke and avoidance of damage right. Hmmm ponders more builds. Plus my goto grandmaster is also kill or be kill as well. Great minds think a like I guess.

One thing though with the pistols it is really hard to give up on a full malice and initiative unload. It just hurts target so bad and fast. Also the Deadeye just reminds me of the old westerns, how is it possible not to sport two legendary pistols. BANG BANG dead target you know what mean?

Cheers for your reply Tealots, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Latest one I am messing with.

PP/SB, Focused on having very high burst damage and a lot of Might, Fury, and Quickness up-time, while retaining some decent mobility from Shortbow and Signet of Shadows. Would also work with PP/SD but you would lose some of your travel speed and being able to quickly traverse vertically when needed.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have any AoE other than what SB offers. Have to be careful with conditions since you have minimal cleanses via Hide in Shadows and Shadowstep, but the stealth does help to avoid being hit by them all together, as long as you position well.

I'll call it, The Gunslinger. lol

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVnsMBlOhdPBeOBUGjFwCzLAcAaA8px44dcLEtWGRA-jpxHQBA4QAoh9HuWZgBeEAI4DAghnAAA

I been having fun in open world so far with marauder armor with superior rune of the warrior, berserker trinkets and weapons with sigils of accuracy and air, and using rifle and s/p. Rifle melts even vets from afar, and sword with malice stacks deal pretty decent cleave damage

@Tora.7214 said:I been having fun in open world so far with marauder armor with superior rune of the warrior, berserker trinkets and weapons with sigils of accuracy and air, and using rifle and s/p. Rifle melts even vets from afar, and sword with malice stacks deal pretty decent cleave damage

What is the main benefit of DE for this kind of play?

Rifle has more range than P/P but I'm not sure about the comparison between the traits of DE vs DD...

@rogerwilko.6895 said:

@Tora.7214 said:I been having fun in open world so far with marauder armor with superior rune of the warrior, berserker trinkets and weapons with sigils of accuracy and air, and using rifle and s/p. Rifle melts even vets from afar, and sword with malice stacks deal pretty decent cleave damage

Rifle has more range than P/P but I'm not sure about the comparison between the traits of DE vs DD...

well, i wouldnt compare it with daredevil because both playstyles are totally different; full melee evasion vs ranged/melee spikes, but its very decent because it lets you have have a personal very high might count, (im always sitting between 15-25 by myself) and s/p rifle have a good synergy between them, Iron sight and smoke cloud gives very good surviability from close range agaisnt tougher enemies, im not stuck on Rifle but i can actually switch to sword and jump in when i feel like it and feel confident that i can do it without fear of killing myself, it feels a bit like GS/LB ranger tbh. Also, p/p doesnt give you might stacks per hit, retreat backwards, and you cant really compare 900ft range vs 1500ftI dont know nor believe that is meta for raid or WvW (might be fun in WvW) but it has atleast took me so far trough PoF content very easy

im using trickery (3,1,2) critical strikes (3,2,1) and DE (2,1,2) i will give Fire for Effect a try when i unlock it for when im playing with people

i wouldnt compare it to the versatility of DD for all situations, but atleast i can feel confident saying that it has took me trough open world content as good as DD, the one thing that i would have missed most of DD has been allready covered by the adition of mounts

@Tora.7214 said:

@rogerwilko.6895 said:

well, i wouldnt compare it with daredevil because both playstyles are totally different; full melee evasion vs ranged/melee spikes, but its very decent because it lets you have have a personal very high might count, (im always sitting between 15-25 by myself) and s/p rifle have a good synergy between them, Iron sight and smoke cloud gives very good surviability from close range agaisnt tougher enemies, im not stuck on Rifle but i can actually switch to sword and jump in when i feel like it and feel confident that i can do it without fear of killing myself, it feels a bit like GS/LB ranger tbh. Also, p/p doesnt give you might stacks per hit, retreat backwards, and you cant really compare 900ft range vs 1500ftI dont know nor believe that is meta for raid or WvW (might be fun in WvW) but it has atleast took me so far trough PoF content very easy

im using trickery (3,1,2) critical strikes (3,2,1) and DE (2,1,2) i will give Fire for Effect a try when i unlock it for when im playing with people

i wouldnt compare it to the versatility of DD for all situations, but atleast i can feel confident saying that it has took me trough open world content as good as DD, the one thing that i would have missed most of DD has been allready covered by the adition of mounts

Hey Tora, yeah the addition of mounts has really freed up many builds because now we don't have to use a trait-line just to get access to either run speed or movement specific traits. All we have to do now is focus on increasing our power or condition damage output through damage modifies or condition duration increases.

Cheers for the helpful comments Tora.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@Tora.7214 said:

@rogerwilko.6895 said:

Hey Tora, yeah the addition of mounts has really freed up many builds because now we don't have to use a trait-line just to get access to either run speed or movement specific traits. All we have to do now is focus on increasing our power or condition damage output through damage modifies or condition duration increases.

Cheers for the helpful comments Tora.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

np :) here, i left the build in a build editor for easy review, open world pve build rifle s/p DE, can also replace berserker for marauder in the weapons if you want a tiny bit more hp http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAU8ankFDtFjNOBGOBUGjlxCzbAEAOA8jxzYccbDVW6QA-jBCBQB5R3AWU+pQ1fOjSQA8EAYwBBACXAgps/ApAiYoF-e

I've been playing with some version of Saerni/Babazhooks hybrid builds, but with full Celestial for trinkets and using Binding Shadow. Both Trickery and Shadow Arts are functional alongside Deadly Arts and Deadeye with Shadow Arts facilitating sustain and Trickery facilitating burst. Celestial over Babazhooks Carrion cuts into the condition damage, but provides higher overall precision and ferocity plus some sustain and the might stacking is good with Deadeye. Might be better options, but I had the Celestial on hand.

Binding Shadow's Vulnerability and Poison stacks plus Spider Venom seems to ensure that your initial burst is panic inducing, then comes Binding Shadow's cc effect. Rifle keeps up condition pressure with Cursed Bullet (particularly in the Shadow Arts build) and immobilization's from Spotter's Shot. All the while you're still delivering significant power pressure.

I'm not sure what I like best as a swap weapon set, but sword or pistol with dagger or pistol off hand all have promise for a number of reasons. Sigil of Severance is great in the Trickery build, proccing from the dazes and also on the swap weapons that have dazes and stuns.

Deadeye can certainly put out some damage, but the extra coverage from conditions while not sacrificing a lot of power damage is nasty!

• 2 weeks later...

I need to update OP again. Mainly I’ve been busy and trying to refine my own gameplay (new mouse and new keykindings on a new build :pensive:).

If you are in the OP, please let me know if you want to change the build or offer a gameplay suggestion for the description. If you aren’t in the OP I’ll look at the thread and other threads to try and add yours. If yours has changed since you last posted, please also make a post in this thread.

We may see a balance patch in the coming days so I’ll be keeping an eye on that as well.

@nastyjman.8207 said:Man, quickness gives you a great burst. I've slotted Haste as a mandatory utility if you're traiting for BQBK. Paired with PP's Unload, you can really catch people off-guard.

Yes , I have been using quickness for some time in a s/d and p/p build, this long before POF. This was used in conjunction with ACRO in a core build (which just worked better for me then daredevil).

The boon duration with acro added was close to 70 percent. I am now tinkering with this seeing whether ACRO and the added boon duration, condition removal and DON't stop , in a DE , TR Acro build with high quickness can handle dropping CS or DA. Quickness on s/p with PW is sick.

Just another word on Cowboy build. This is the one using Infiltrators runes in a p/p and Rifle DE build. I did get my Night Sigil set so that there a sigil of night on each weapon. To further enhance the "night fighter" version , I use ghost pepper popper which adds chill on a one second cooldown with any crit. It pretty handy adding might during the day. (Might not really needed while in p/p but the popper pushes up stacks while in Rifle quite nicely if you want to use same food during day)

When in rifle I will single out an enemy low in health or work one to that point so as to get 10+5+12 damage just with that gear and food and keep target in a high chill state from range. That CHILL app is very effective as you can keep an enemy at range for a longer period of time before he can close. This all but ensures I get DJ off while he under 50 percent health for the full infiltrators kick in . For added oomph just prior to that last big shot I activate the assassins signet. It very effective in WvW. When I am in p/p the unload ensures that Chill state even higher as it all but impossible not to get a chill off with an unload.

Quickness plus Chillo is sicko.

Here's one for PvP.

I'm calling it "Cowboys and Indians" because of Pistol/Pistol and Shortbow.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVn0MBFPhNGD+OBUGjFwCj/MGHvjbho1SvxLAEBaAA-jpxHQBf7IA0j9HAwhA4alBM4DAghnAAA

P/P's function will be burst while Shortbow is for escape and mobility. The build will be taking advantage of Haste, which gives you an insane burst from Be Quick or Be Killed and No Quarter. Trickster reduces the cooldown of Haste and also gives you a single condi cleanse.

EDIT: Changed Shadowstep to Roll for Initiative.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm a new rifle deadeye user. Having great fun atm playing in the WvW only. I tend to skirmish and follow the zerg around. I will almost NEVER go 1vs1 with anyone. I will most likely try to escape such a scenario.

I would like for you guys to help me with my proposed build!

here it is: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUnsMBdPh9FDGPBUGjFqCj/PWIbkd9kAQQyLEkCKBA-j1RBQB4RHAN2fgCXAAA8AASo6PXR5nZUCCA-w

I am using acrobatics for survivability. I used that last night and it made a world of difference to me when I followed a zerg etc and also during skirmishing.

I see that I might be low on Health and/or Toughness with this build. Would you recommend to swap out something?

I'ts also failry important to me that any playstyle I go for is pretty easy to pull off, with emphazis on automated and passive abilities that help me when I need it most.

My Rifle Build since day 3http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUn0MB9Oh1FDGPBUGjFkCzLHEE6B8XyOZpkrBEAWAA-jpAXABAs/gmlBAAGood for every situation & instance (PvE, sPvP, WvW). The stealth stack + short cooldown will make you last for very very long time while building up the malice bar. This build also give you near-immunity state to any type of condition that become the current meta build.

With good timing and rotation, you'll laugh at everyone that trying so hard to find you by hitting air since shadow meld will pretty much negate the revealed debuff which become stealth spec Achilles hell. As for offence, both triple tap and DJ (sometimes deadly aim) will be playing a big role as your main arsenal. Yes most of the times when your malice bellow 3 stack, your overall damage are crap but with patience and good rotation, you'll eventually able to dish out decent damage.

However, this build are rather weak to straight forward power build or any direct damage skill and also mage bane tether trait from warrior full counter. So make sure to measure how long you will get "revealed" and how many times you have to change position before starting the fight.

@Rastel.9157

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUnsMBdPh9FDGPBUGjldCbLAUbaTdvlZwciPWeLDmA-jFSBQBZU5AAeAA0Y/B8oDwMKBTo6PXRJH7uAAkCIilRA-w

I took your build and made it more might generation focused with 100% fury uptime. Swapped the might sigil (should get 100% uptime with just traits) for a soft cc sigil. You won’t need to get to seven Malice and now hit even harder and faster when you mark a target. I didn’t touch the utilities. I swapped out a few trinkets for around 15k hp with infusions. That’s more up in the air because, if you are in a group, lower hp isn’t a terrible thing.

@Rastel.9157 said:Hi guys,

I'm a new rifle deadeye user. Having great fun atm playing in the WvW only. I tend to skirmish and follow the zerg around. I will almost NEVER go 1vs1 with anyone. I will most likely try to escape such a scenario.

I would like for you guys to help me with my proposed build!

here it is: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUnsMBdPh9FDGPBUGjFqCj/PWIbkd9kAQQyLEkCKBA-j1RBQB4RHAN2fgCXAAA8AASo6PXR5nZUCCA-w

I am using acrobatics for survivability. I used that last night and it made a world of difference to me when I followed a zerg etc and also during skirmishing.

I see that I might be low on Health and/or Toughness with this build. Would you recommend to swap out something?

I'ts also failry important to me that any playstyle I go for is pretty easy to pull off, with emphazis on automated and passive abilities that help me when I need it most.

Around 17.5k and 18k feels easier for me to take a hit and keep my health percentage where I want it, maybe start from full marauders if you have them and whittle down from there. S/D works good with rifle but SA 3-2-1 feels about right to keep up with group to squad to blob play with Snipers Scope and at least Shadow Gust or Blinding Powder along with the elite and CnD. You can drop yourself as a target while masking your direction or rounding corners, blind, reduce damage, and clear conditions.

Archived