Easiest ascended backpack to get ?

leasm.1279

Simple question: What the easiest ascended Backpack to get?

I'm trying to farm Bloodstone Fen, but will take forever to farm 200 Blood Rubies and buy "Blood Ruby Backpack".Also trying to finish some collections from HoT, such as "Warmaster's Pack" or "Luminate's Backplate"..

Any tips?

That's difficult to answer in my opinion because everyone has their own playstyle and sees different things as easy or difficult.

Here are all ascended backpacks and how to get them listed:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_back_item

You can get them through crafting, achievements, loot, through vendors...I would recommend looking at that list and choosing for yourself what seems easy to you? In my opinon achievement collections and vendors are the easiest. But like I said, someone else could see that differently.

Yes, blood rubies are actually the most annoying of the LS3 currencies because they are not a guaranteed drop from their respective nodes (except the home instance one, which is why I'd consider that decent investment if you intend to kit out multiple characters with LS3 trinkets). Aside form the pearl route, you can also go for the Lava Skull Backpack (Ember Bay) or the White Mantle Scroll (Lake Doric). Or the Icebrood Horn Backpack from Bitterfrost Frontier, though that requires 400 winterberries as opposed to 200 map currency like the other ones.

@Fluffball.8307 said:Agreed on BFF, it's trivial.

Another option is the Quiver of Swift Flight, all you need are the MF ingredients so you can make it immediately. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want the skin or are impatient, since the LS backpacks are "free", but it's a very nice skin and is still pretty cheap.

Yes, Quivers are pretty cheap. But Quiver of Thousand Arrows is even cheaper and you can choose stats. I just got one for my ranger like a week ago. Also Mawdrey is not that expensive and it's fun to make it as a side project. But, yeah I'd go with Quiver of Thousand Arrows as the cheapest.

What about the new ascended back pieces from PoF? There are four collections altogether, completing 3 of which will each give you an ascended back piece. Once you get all three, you get a fourth collection completed which will give you yet another ascended back piece....so you'll get four all told for what doesn't seem like that much effort.

Thanks guys. Just entered Bitterfrost now for the first time, and got 20+ berries in a few minutes. So seems way faster than Bloodstone Fen. Too bad those frozen tentacles backpack is so ugly :)

Will try to finish LS3 first, and then I can choose which map seems nicer to farm.

Also, theres a chance to get even more berries from the frozen chests. And the chests respawns after every storm. Cleaning every bush on the map, and doing rounds of chests, id frequently end up with 80+ berries a day.

Also, the different ls3 vendors doesnt have everything. And for trinkets/rings you need two different versions. So youd end running most of the ls3 zones daily to have different ascended items to work on at once.

@leasm.1279 said:Thanks guys. Just entered Bitterfrost now for the first time, and got 20+ berries in a few minutes. So seems way faster than Bloodstone Fen. Too bad those frozen tentacles backpack is so ugly :)

Will try to finish LS3 first, and then I can choose which map seems nicer to farm.

I went for the white mantle scroll when I had the choice because it looks better than the icebrood horn backpack.I used the winterberries for other ascended trinkets because I needed HoT stats. Whatever the case, I can confirm that farming 200 jade shards doesnt take that much longer than 400 winterberries, and if you find some hearts on the map that you can do quickly, thats a nice bonus.

I exclusively do WvW so I use the Bloodstone Fen reward track. Completing it six times over will net you the ascended backpiece. It takes me perhaps two nights of WvW to complete a track. So I'd say you can get the backpiece in two weeks or so doing it this way, even if you're going at a slower pace than me.

@leasm.1279 said:Simple question: What the easiest ascended Backpack to get?

I'm trying to farm Bloodstone Fen, but will take forever to farm 200 Blood Rubies and buy "Blood Ruby Backpack".Also trying to finish some collections from HoT, such as "Warmaster's Pack" or "Luminate's Backplate"..

Any tips?

I delt with that relatively recently too and the book ascended back piece is by far the easiest to get.

Go to Siren's Landing. Do all of the hearts. Then go back down in Abaddon's Reliquary and open chest. You can pay to try a second chest if you want. Rinse/repeat.

You can also spend karma to get a few extra pearls from the hearts. Better still, the events drop pearls for free.

Get back piece using those pearls from heart vendor.

VERY easy, cheap, quick way.

@leasm.1279 said:Thanks guys. Just entered Bitterfrost now for the first time, and got 20+ berries in a few minutes. So seems way faster than Bloodstone Fen. Too bad those frozen tentacles backpack is so ugly :)

Keep in mind that you can change the stats of the the Blood Ruby Backpiece which will be really handy next time you want to change your build.

Archived