My idea For a New Revanant Specialization

McDoodlebees.1296

Had a fun little idea for a Revanat Specialization, thought I'd share it here.

Possible Names: Soulbinder or RitualistHero: wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Master_Togo Will be known as the Legendary RitualistWeapon: Scepter

Special Mechanics: Choose one of three urns filled with the spectral essence of fallen heroes to carry with you on your back in combat. Each urn grants a passive effect to the Revanant. You can switch urns in and out of combat but only once every 30 seconds. The Elite skill makes you wield the urn in place of your weapon and use a set of weapon skills related to that hero. The passive effect will be lost while the elite is active. wielding the urn drains energy.Possible Urn sets:Urn 1 - Humorous was TybaltUrn 2 -Disciplined was ForgalUrn 3 -Friendly was SieranOrUrn 1 - Brilliant was SnaffUrn 2 - Determined was EirUrn 3 - Courageous was Trahearne

This Specialization will include skills that focus around newer versions of the old Ritualist Binding spells, each one chains a spirit to the summoning location selected by the player. These spirits stay there until dismissed by the player, killed by enemies, or when energy is depleted. All except the Elite Skill. With a whole list to go through, picking just three utility skills and a healing kills from them would take too long. So here's the whole list so you can imagine a set yourselves. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Binding_ritual

So what do you think?

I think this is fail. But still dont understand1)So which current specialization do you want destroy and update to yours suggestion ? What traits line is so bad?2)Or your want new trait line? ou, this is fail twice, because the any new line mean that old will be obsolete and not updated. Like long time forgotten warrior .. want same with revenant ?

@derd.6413 said:yo dawg i heard you liked spirits so we let you channel a spirit that let's you summon more spirits

yo dawg ever heard of necro?nah me either but this dude makes spirits with spirit urns that have spirits in them powerfull enough to allow him to create spirits so powerfull ppl fall when they are encountered by themin other words this class should be calledThe Destiler

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@derd.6413 said:yo dawg i heard you liked spirits so we let you channel a spirit that let's you summon more spirits

yo dawg ever heard of necro?nah me either but this dude makes spirits with spirit urns that have spirits in them powerfull enough to allow him to create spirits so powerfull ppl fall when they are encountered by themin other words this class should be calledThe Destiler

the aladdin, summon carpets and genies?

@melandru.3876 said:

the aladdin, summon carpets and genies?

I was more thinking in a way of 40 y/o whiskey rum and vodka but yea sure whatever spirit does it for you

@"McDoodlebees.1296" said:Had a fun little idea for a Revanat Specialization, thought I'd share it here.

Possible Names: Soulbinder or RitualistHero: wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Master_Togo Will be known as the Legendary RitualistWeapon: Scepter

Special Mechanics: Choose one of three urns filled with the spectral essence of fallen heroes to carry with you on your back in combat. Each urn grants a passive effect to the Revanant. You can switch urns in and out of combat but only once every 30 seconds. The Elite skill makes you wield the urn in place of your weapon and use a set of weapon skills related to that hero. The passive effect will be lost while the elite is active. wielding the urn drains energy.Possible Urn sets:Urn 1 - Humorous was TybaltUrn 2 -Disciplined was ForgalUrn 3 -Friendly was SieranOrUrn 1 - Brilliant was SnaffUrn 2 - Determined was EirUrn 3 - Courageous was Trahearne

This Specialization will include skills that focus around newer versions of the old Ritualist Binding spells, each one chains a spirit to the summoning location selected by the player. These spirits stay there until dismissed by the player, killed by enemies, or when energy is depleted. All except the Elite Skill. With a whole list to go through, picking just three utility skills and a healing kills from them would take too long. So here's the whole list so you can imagine a set yourselves. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Binding_ritual

So what do you think?

I think Kalla pulls from a lot of the aspects of GW1 Spirit Ritualist, so with a Master Togo spec I'd like to see a focus on the other aspects of Ritualist that aren't incorporated in Renegade, like the strong Channeling Magic or the Urns, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

@"McDoodlebees.1296" said:Had a fun little idea for a Revanat Specialization, thought I'd share it here.

So what do you think?

Honestly... there is no where, remotely close to enough information here.Scepters do not make any scenes. I am guessing it would be range? What would you pair with it? Sword or axe? Both of them are are for melee or gap closure.Weapon skills?Hero skills?Elite skills?

I play a lot of D&D (or did until I moved) and I would sit down and make classes just for fun. Even a simple class that I came up with that was only 5 prestige levels was 2 and a half pages long. Some of my other classes were anywhere from 10 to 15 pages long.

Also, in a game like Guild Wars, you can't just come to the table with an idea for one thing (Class), you have to bring detailed and BALANCED ideas for all the classes.

The idea of this seems interesting, but the Rev is already 'summoning' spirits. Even after doing some reading this doesn't seem all that in tune with the game. Back to the drawing board.

EDIT - Also, you make your first post on the 4th and 16 days later you don't reply? You have to baby your ideas man. Build on them, tweak them, take constructive criticism and work with it.