[suggestion]delete item don;t need type name,just type "delete"

sairing.5832

I think the reason they chose name instead of 'delete' is because typing delete is no different from pressing yes a second time.if you type '[complex name]' you're showing you are completely aware of the item's identity and that destroying it is no accident.That said, the game is extremely inconsistent with the choice of 'confirm' and 'type name' to the point that absolute trash requires typing, and valuable stuff requires pressing yes, so I'd rather see that consistency looked at

@sairing.5832 said:[suggestion]delete item don;t need type name,just type "delete"

Seriously...

I hate having to type out the names of complete garbage items. I always wonder who it is that cares about this junk so much that it requires a blood and urine sample to delete. Who actually cares about minis, and black lion claim ticket scraps, and so many other pieces of "black lion" JUNK?? I wish I never got any of it in the first place. Having to type out the names of 7-8 items I never wanted to begin with boils my blood.

Oh, and thanks so much for making it case-sensitive too :# .

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I think the reason they chose name instead of 'delete' is because typing delete is no different from pressing yes a second time.if you type '[complex name]' you're showing you are completely aware of the item's identity and that destroying it is no accident.That said, the game is extremely inconsistent with the choice of 'confirm' and 'type name' to the point that absolute trash requires typing, and valuable stuff requires pressing yes, so I'd rather see that consistency looked at

Exactly, typing "delete" on a valuable item defeats the point. At the same time I wish I did not have to type "Orphan Laine's Letter" each year .... several times.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I think the reason they chose name instead of 'delete' is because typing delete is no different from pressing yes a second time.if you type '[complex name]' you're showing you are completely aware of the item's identity and that destroying it is no accident.That said, the game is extremely inconsistent with the choice of 'confirm' and 'type name' to the point that absolute trash requires typing, and valuable stuff requires pressing yes, so I'd rather see that consistency looked at

This, a thousand times this.

On the one hand, no one likes to take the time to shift-click/copy/paste/edit or type out the name to delete. On the other, we all hate not knowing if an item should be deleted and we hate even worse deleting stuff by mistake.

There's no easy way to resolve that tension between convenience and mistake-prevention. I can think of a number of new protocols that ANet could use, but none of them are cheap to implement.

However, at least in the future, ANet could make sure that every collection item says that it's a collection item and give it a vendor value (or give it a double-click to consume option).

In the past i 've deleted valuable items for the fractal legendary wings (and i had ti write a ticket as i've noticed i need them, so anet restored them for me).It was lack of info on the item plus i had thrashed so many unvaluable items by typing its name to delete them at the same time. So i didnt expected to delte something unique or valuable. There is a big need of looking into this and give items like "Custom Arena Time Token" and "Orphan Laine's Letter" a change.

I'd rather not have that, simply typing "delete" still allows the destruction of the wrong item, as mentioned several times already.What I do think would be good is for Anet to take a good look at which items require it now and determine which of those need it (the Mawdry items gained from LS2 missions, only part of which currently get it, probably don't need any typed delete confirmation, whether "delete" or "[long and properly capitalised item name]") and remove this type of confirmation from those that don't.And, if possible, for the proper capitalisation requirement to be removed.

Look at it this way, those items you delete could come back to haunt you in the future should Anet ever decide to use them for something...or if you want to believe a wiki posts that says you can sell it after adding it to your collection(I know of at least two junk items so far from PoF that are used for something other than being just junk, and I mean junk as in gray named stuff).

Archived