Holographic Dragon Helm - FEEDBACK

I was disappointed to see that there isn't an option of the helmet without the terrible hologram, and no actual way to turn the holographic effect down so we can see some more of the actual helmet.I hope A-net will put the helmet in the game in the future without the effect....Also, I feel it is an insult to have a norn style helmet and have the beard disappear if you put it on....why Anet??? Whyyyyyy???Free the beards!!!!

Until you posted this I'd thought it was just a holographic version of the Horns of the Dragon helm released during the original Dragon Bash, it was only after reading this and actually comparing them in-game I noticed the two are different.

I take it you've tried applying very dark or dull dyes to the helmet? That can sometimes reduce glowy effects, sometimes to the point where they're impossible to see. (I don't have the helmet yet, so I can't check that myself.)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I like the new helmet. I think it probably won't be changed since there's already a very similar helmet without the holographic effects in-game.And, it seems the theme of this iteration of Dragon Bash is holograms.

Also, I don't think it's a Norn-style helmet. It's based on the old Dragon Bash helmet.

Holograms were a big part of the original Dragon Bash too. There were holographic dragon minions to fight there too, that's where the first two sets of holographic wings came from, and the holo mini pets. If I remember correctly the Aetherblades (who were introduced in that release and were the main villains in the story) also used holograms.

I was telling my husband earlier today that it's weird to think back then holograms which were more than just a projection were a very new thing in Tyria (I think they were actually invented by Elli shorting before the start of the personal story) and now, about 6 years later, it seems like they're everywhere and treated as fairly normal. I know things like that happen all the time in real life but its unusual to see it in games, even ones which go on for years or get numerous sequels in the same time line.

My feedback on the helm:I would like to see a non holographic version. And I think the horns that have the smaller spikes coming off them look weird and out of place compared to the rest of the horns on the helmet. Besides those horns looking a little odd I think the design is really great and hope for a non-holo version

• 2 weeks later...

The holograph would have looked nice, but the problem is, it overlaps too much with helmet portion. It just makes it look like a glitchy mess. Especially on my side where certain effects change color everytime I turn my camera. They should have smoothed out the hologram a little bit to look more clean.

Archived