Scorpion Wire suggestions.

Yasai.3549

I just want to suggest something which could be fun on Thief.

Scorpion Wire

Throw a Scorpion Wire at the target. (900 range, instant cast, faster projectile speed, unblockable)

Able to cast Abduct

Flip skill : Abduct

Teleport backwards (450 range) and yank the target to yur location.

Abduct can still be cast on missing the target, or if the attack is blocked, which gives some utility to withdraw from a fight.

Still has 2 ammo and works with Trickster.

I like the backwards movement and that would be a nice range for it but that first phase is basically a warning. I usually have scorpion wire on and I could see myself getting more consistently denied apart from it's current jankiness, especially since I also use it for interrupts.

@kash.9213 said:I like the backwards movement and that would be a nice range for it but that first phase is basically a warning. I usually have scorpion wire on and I could see myself getting more consistently denied apart from it's current jankiness, especially since I also use it for interrupts.

Intention is to be used from Stealth, or in conjunction with Shadowstep.

I know it will sound extremely broken like this, but it should work with Shadowstep's Shadow Return to drag a target back over 2000units, hence the name Abduct

In PvP, it could be used to completely remove and isolate a key player from the fight by using ShadowStep > Scorpion Wire + Steal > ShadowReturn > Abduct

@Yasai.3549 said:

@kash.9213 said:I like the backwards movement and that would be a nice range for it but that first phase is basically a warning. I usually have scorpion wire on and I could see myself getting more consistently denied apart from it's current jankiness, especially since I also use it for interrupts.

I know it will sound extremely broken like this, but it should work with Shadowstep's Shadow Return to drag a target back over 2000units, hence the name
Abduct

In PvP, it could be used to completely remove and isolate a key player from the fight by using ShadowStep > Scorpion Wire + Steal > ShadowReturn > Abduct

This would be sweet, unfortunately anet seems to be going in the opposite direction of tactical gameplay.

@Yasai.3549 said:

I know it will sound extremely broken like this, but it should work with Shadowstep's Shadow Return to drag a target back over 2000units, hence the name
Abduct

You know it sounds extremely broken... because it would be. So why even popose something like that? :D

• Confused 1

First they need to fix it so that it always pulls rather than sometimes just knocking down or worse pulling the thief to the target. Second it should be every bit as good as Hunters Verdict meaning it is unevadable, unblockable and doesn't have the ridiculous terrain bugs.

I would use it more often if it did those things. As it is, the skill often gets me killed by sucking me into a group of players rather than pulling one guy out. Or it completely fails to work since the ground isn't perfectly flat. Or it is stupid easy to dodge because of how slow the skill is to deploy.