Scourge doesn't need nerfing.

Tom.8976

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Don't really see the issue with scourge. Best way to tackle them is focusing your efforts on them. I find Rangers and deadeyes are a great counter by keeping that pressure from far away until they die. And let's be honest chances are you have a scourge on your team as well. So it's a matter of who's better at the class, you or them. Scourges and spellbreakers lose matches all the time and just because you have the class stacked never guarantees a victory. The more you know.

If one team has two scourges and the other team has none, the team with the scourges wins every time. It's the only profession that I've noticed that pattern with.

Wrong. I was on a winning team with 2 deadeye 1 spellbreakers, 1 Rev and 1 soulbeast. And we destroyed the other team that had 2 scourges 2 spellbreakers and 1 scrapper. They didn't realize that they where getting sniped and actually accused us of cheating. So sorry.

...I suppose I should have added, "unless the scourges have zero situational awareness." Better?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Don't really see the issue with scourge. Best way to tackle them is focusing your efforts on them. I find Rangers and deadeyes are a great counter by keeping that pressure from far away until they die. And let's be honest chances are you have a scourge on your team as well. So it's a matter of who's better at the class, you or them. Scourges and spellbreakers lose matches all the time and just because you have the class stacked never guarantees a victory. The more you know.

If one team has two scourges and the other team has none, the team with the scourges wins every time. It's the only profession that I've noticed that pattern with.

Wrong. I was on a winning team with 2 deadeye 1 spellbreakers, 1 Rev and 1 soulbeast. And we destroyed the other team that had 2 scourges 2 spellbreakers and 1 scrapper. They didn't realize that they where getting sniped and actually accused us of cheating. So sorry.

...I suppose I should have added, "unless the scourges have zero situational awareness." Better?

That seems to be the problem in pvp, unfortunately. :(

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:Now that Scourge appears to be the top dps in Raids, it's even more certain that they'll get damage nerfs. I mean, Anet balances based on Raids right?

To me it appears that scourge has top dps vs a golem, but not raids? There is a difference!

Also, condi weaver is 2nd, by 0.5k dps difference. Do you think we should nerf the weaver too?

Your logic is flawed.

To answer your question, yes I think they should nerf every single profession that does above ~35k dps and maybe even 35k is too high of a limit.

That PVE/Raid thing aside, an argument I've seen more than enough by Scourge players is "Scourge is only good in pvp so please don't nerf it", but now that's proven to be false, since they are in fact top tier in damage too.Where is Weaver in PVP atm because I don't see any, probably dead. Weaver is only good in PVE (and against a golem too), so nerfing the damage of the condi weaver to make them weaker in PVE while buffing their other aspects to be better in PVP is a very logical solution.Scourge is build for DPS in both PVP and PVE and apparently too strong on both parts of the game. Judging by past patches, a nerf is imminent.

I expect lots of nerfs to come soon, and not only on Scourge but many others too

Nah i think 36k dmg as the average is fun and maybe 40-42k for big hitbox builds.

@Darknicrofia.2604 said:Increasing the sides of the nodes still doesn't address the fact that scourges make downstates (from both teams) an absolute shitfest. I've pretty much stopped bothering trying to res or melee cleave when there are enemy scourges near.

As scourge I meant to let the downed enemies without stamp to let their allay come to rez them and i kill who ever came to rez.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Hex.2579 said:i'd like a different color for f2-f5 too. cuz right now it's even hard for the caster to know which skill is already activated without looking at the cd.F5 causes the scourge's character model to turn black when it is active.F4 causes giant black skeletons to shoot out of the shades.F2 and F3 are largely indistinguishable, but those two are the "throwaway" F skills that are typically used just to set off Shade autos.

I would like to see Sand Shades color coded by team, because right now if there is a scourge on both teams is can get difficult to tell which shade is on your team.

This video Crinn linked is exactly why all of this "hurrrr l2p, don't stand in the sand shades and you'll be fine" talk is complete nonsense. The scourge burst is place sand shade, cast f2 and f3 (instant cast), then feast of corruption in scepter. This burst is indeed locked behind a cast time but essentially doesn't have an animation at any point that is distinguishable from other necromancer/scourge skills. Also, you don't even have to stand in the shade to eat this burst. If a scourge simply casts the shade on top of you, you eat the entire thing (maybe not feast if you dodge immediately and scourge misses).

Oh no! You get hit with 3 stacks of short duration Torment (2 seconds base) and Burning(3 seconds base)!

Not exactly deadly, there. Feast of Corruption should be being dodged anyway because it deprives the Necro of life force as well as hitting hard (true with literally any Necro variant, not just Scourge).

Plus, Dhuumfire seems to have a small ICD that doesn't show on the tooltip, so you really only get 1 stack of burning there if it's truly done instantly. With some spacing on F2 and F3, then you get the full 3 stacks.

To be fair here, Feast of Corruption has little to no animation tell. The only difference between Feast of Corruption cast and the autoattack cast, is that the necro flicks their wrist horizontally for Feast of Corruption, and flicks their wrist vertically for the autoattack. The only people that I've ever encountered that where good at dodging Feast where all long term necromancer mains. I've never encountered a non-necro that could dodge Feast except by accident.

You can with the correct traits get a 17k damage feast off, but to do so you sacrifice a lot of point control and all of your sustain or damage mitigation, in addition to no mobility. It also takes 12 seconds of letting it tick, soooooo.... not a big threat. Meta builds it hits for 7k

Archived