What is your favourite soundtrack in the game?

Valgar.9576

@"FrigginPaco.4178" said:This is a toughie... There are so many fantastic tracks...

1. THREE WAY TIE: Desmina's Reclamation ||| HoT Log In Theme ||| 'Zhaitan'
  2. The Hall of Judgement (Dhuum's Theme) TIED w/ Blish's Sacrifice
  3. MacLaine Deimer's 2018 version of 'Fear Not This Night'
  4. Dragon's Stand TIED w/ The Mouth of Mordremoth
  5. The Nightmare Court
  6. Aurene Ascended TIED w/ Aurene Dragon of Light (choir version) & The War Eternal Trailer Track
  7. The Golden Cave
  8. SCAR
  9. Sabetha's Theme
  10. Vale Guardian Theme

1. Desmina's theme is the embodiment of pure, frantic, terror . There is no escape, you will be caught; fight or die. The HoT theme is the most hype-train log in theme I've heard for an MMO and is emblematic of the feeling toward the first expansion as we were all waiting to get at it. 'Zhaitan'... is a track that is emblematic of the feeling of awe and futility in the face of something greater than you. It's a "drop your weapons and stare" sort of feeling.
  2. This song is power and domination wrapped up in a fantastically scored piece. It really screams "God of Death" and the only reason it wasn't #1 was because I wish it was longer and had more going on. Blish's Sacrifice is absolutely gut-wrenching… The dialogue that accompanies this song just makes it even better and frankly, is one of the crowning achievements in GW2's story telling to date. That whole section of story was heavy.
  3. The twist to the lyrics and tone made the anthem of GW2 feel like a sinister threat during the 2nd half of the trailer for Episode 2. Just a magnificent pivot and the vocals were a great fit.
  4. This track is FANTASTIC trailer music, it does so much and builds to a crescendo and really imparts the weight of the final map meta.
  5. An underrated and infrequently listened to track, the somber beginning gives way to swelling, burgeoning strings kind of like the nightmare court struggling to be free, though more romanticized and perhaps, just perhaps, skewed in their image.
  6. Each of these songs are emblematic of the struggle to get where we are at this point. The victory of Aurene Ascended, the hopeful choir of Aurene Dragon Full of Light, and the uncertain tone of The War Eternal are each extremely poignant and purposeful.
  7. This melody... Would have been higher on the list if I had made it sooner. At the launch of Heart of Thorns it would have been in my top 3. It's just... extremely melodic and takes you far away.
  8. This might be the single best "martial" feeling song in the game. The way it steadily builds tension and excitement coupled with the percussion's slow rise to the front is magnificent.
  9. As the first final raid boss I ever took down, this song is remembered very fondly... After I went back to look it up because I had to pay attention to the raid!
  10. One of my initial and lasting impressions surrounding raids was the music, and this boss's song was so very catchy it made me look it up when I was away from the game many times! The only reason this and 9. aren't higher is purely because they're so short!

I know nobody asked for this detailed of a list, but I'm happy to share it!

Well i'm happy you shared. I like to see what other people enjoy in this game and why

Leaving other factors on LW5 reveal aside, the twitch channel cycling thru the in game soundtrack was nice as we worked up to the presentation and there were some that I didn't remember from in game which tells me there are more places to seek. That is if they weren't cheating and pulling some of the tracks from Gw1. ;)