Serpent's Ire? [Merged]

krklapp.2896

I have been having the same trouble for a week now trying multiple times of day for the event. Absolutely no one is interested in doing this. I even tried tonight after reset with dozens of people on the map for the daily Vabbi bounty with three commander tags on the map and not a single person was interested. I would very much appreciate any advice for getting this thing done. It is the last recording I need for the backpack. Thank you :)

• Thanks 1

@"Clavain.4209" said:I have been having the same trouble for a week now trying multiple times of day for the event. Absolutely no one is interested in doing this. I even tried tonight after reset with dozens of people on the map for the daily Vabbi bounty with three commander tags on the map and not a single person was interested. I would very much appreciate any advice for getting this thing done. It is the last recording I need for the backpack. Thank you :)

Nothing's changed, the advice already given in this topic still applies. Use the Wiki to see when the event is due to start, get there 10-15 minutes before that, check the LFG tool (Path of Fire > Domain of Vabbi section) and if you don't see anyone advertising a group put an advert up yourself to attract people to the map. Also ask your guilds if they would come and help you do it, and make sure to tell them you need it for an achievement. (And if you do put up your own keep checking, just in case someone else puts one up too. Sometimes large guilds and things will continue organising their own rather than joining an existing map because they don't want to clash with someone else who is running it.)

Although it doesn't need nearly as much organisation as it used to I think it's still helpful to have someone who knows what is going to happen and can explain it to everyone else. If you're not familiar enough with the event to do that include in your LFG message that you're looking for someone to lead it.

And if that's not working tell us whether you're on NA or EU and when you're typically online and some of us can come and help you. (It's best if you can give times in avance - e.g. "I can be online 6-8pm GMT on Tuesday and Wednesday", rather than "I'm on now and the event is about to start!" in spite of appearences we're not here all the time so it helps to give us some notice.)

• Sad 1

• 3 years later...

there something like a discord channel for schedule a party for this event? or something like this? I'm stucked, I pass hours afk waiting the events start and no one is there. always. I'm missing only this record for the IG-6417 quest and my backpack is stucked with recs I can't use before to do this event...

• Sad 1

The way I get the event these days is to tag for it myself. It usually involves at least one other person, in the map, saying we're going to do it like 45 minutes early. It involves me, going to various population centers with my tag up and building it. And listing it in LFG as well.

I've been able to do it this way every time, but it's definitely work and you have to be proactive.  I'm not saying it never happens any other time, because I've occassionally caught one, but it's rare.

• Like 1

Get the number of people you normally get for metas on most other maps and it's not that bad. The problem is that Vabbi and the Desolation each have two metas but you can still only earn one per day, and in both cases people are naturally drawn to the easier one. Heck, in this case it's even worse than the Desolation, since FwF lets you complete a heart at the same time for a convenient incense farm.

What's really needed is for Serpent's Ire to have a separate reward to FwF so there's incentive to do both.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Get the number of people you normally get for metas on most other maps and it's not that bad. The problem is that Vabbi and the Desolation each have two metas but you can still only earn one per day, and in both cases people are naturally drawn to the easier one. Heck, in this case it's even worse than the Desolation, since FwF lets you complete a heart at the same time for a convenient incense farm.

What's really needed is for Serpent's Ire to have a separate reward to FwF so there's incentive to do both.

I agree.

It's no more complicated or difficult than most metas, but it doesn't scale well for very small groups and a lot of people just don't bother doing it or will only join once it gets to the later phases (because then it's pretty much guarenteed to succeed) which makes it even harder to get it started.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nevertell.5083 said:

Get rid of the stupid scavenger hunt mechanic and make the health of the zealots scale with player count. As it stands currently, the meta is designed to fail and players actively avoid doing it.

The scavenger hunt is there for a purpose.  It is a time buffer that gives greater leeway for players to see what is happening on the map and join in.  This time is used for form the squad and get players listening to directions, since the later parts of the event require coordination.  I've been on many runs that started without adequate numbers, but got them through the duration of the scavenger hunt portion.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The scavenger hunt is there for a purpose.  It is a time buffer that gives greater leeway for players to see what is happening on the map and join in.  This time is used for form the squad and get players listening to directions, since the later parts of the event require coordination.  I've been on many runs that started without adequate numbers, but got them through the duration of the scavenger hunt portion.  

The time spent killing veterans in the area and the gigantic skulls on the minimap visible while anywhere else on the map when they are found is more than sufficient for that purpose. Scouring half a map while taking constant damage, blocking mounting, and while fighting more dangerous than usual mob enemies for 5 needles in a crowbar stack is needlessly tedious.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nevertell.5083 said:

The time spent killing veterans in the area and the gigantic skulls on the minimap visible while anywhere else on the map when they are found is more than sufficient for that purpose. Scouring half a map while taking constant damage, blocking mounting, and while fighting more dangerous than usual mob enemies for 5 needles in a crowbar stack is needlessly tedious.

The brandstorm effects feel deliberately set up to pressure you without blocking mounting - the interval between lightning strikes is enough that you have a brief window where you're considered 'out of combat' and can mount, but also short enough that you won't heal completely between strikes. You're supposed to be able to switch to skimmer or skyscale to get off the ground as long as you're not actually in combat.

(It amuses me that the original thread was locked, apparently for necromancing, and now it's been merged...)

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 1

I think the first stage scavenger hunt would not be quite so bad if the maps get pings on where the enemy was like it does for the cache keepers in drizzlewood.   flying around looking for where some enemy popped up is not the most interesting part.  Or just have them all spawn at once and need to all be killed withing the time limit or whatever.  That part was certainly the least interesting part of that meta.

• Like 2