why kessex hills map still havent been fixed?

JUN YANG.4328

It will probably see a change eventually if there is call for it in terms of story, etc. WoW is actually a good example for once on this because it took them years to finally fix Stormwind after Deathwing sat/landed on it (Cata came out 2010, Stormwind rebuilt in 2016). So if anything, if they do a rebuild/clean up the tower on that map, I hope they do a 'fundraising' event type of thing instead of just magically change it. Mostly because that'd be a great way for them to kick off any human living story arc seeing all the crap that happened and wasn't really touched (White Mantle, gods abandoned,etc).

For veterans or not, some maps being in a constant state of disrepair make no logical sense, even to new players :It makes sense for bandits and renegades, or nightmare courtiers to be still present in spite of the current state of the story, because new players start in "My Story", hence the past compared to players done with the story. Kessex on the hand has less leeway, similarly to the thistle towers, considering the character responsible has long since keeled over, and remnants of their factions should have taken a thorough beating -before- new characters start their story. It only makes sense if living season 1 was still available, but then it doesn't make sense because the map would have to be pristine, Then trashed after the explosion during the story. Conundrum.

@"Naxos.2503" said:For veterans or not, some maps being in a constant state of disrepair make no logical sense, even to new players :It makes sense for bandits and renegades, or nightmare courtiers to be still present in spite of the current state of the story, because new players start in "My Story", hence the past compared to players done with the story. Kessex on the hand has less leeway, similarly to the thistle towers, considering the character responsible has long since keeled over, and remnants of their factions should have taken a thorough beating -before- new characters start their story. It only makes sense if living season 1 was still available, but then it doesn't make sense because the map would have to be pristine, Then trashed after the explosion during the story. Conundrum.

It's the same thing with the world edits Season 2 brought about. Arguably the most notable is the camp in Timberline Falls that has Mordrem tentacles for apparently no reason if you are a new player and only makes sense when - or rather if, since you have to buy it - you get to the relevant Season 2 episodes. But at least it's justified through playable content, unlike the nightmare tower in Kessex.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I never saw another version than current Kessex Hills and I like the current version. I still like to see an instanced lws1 but thats another story.

mate. this is the memory for veterans. back in the old days there are no lvl boost. every single character need to spend long time on this map. i still remember lvling by running around for event. try to get to lvl 30, after that is dungeon time. thats how to reach lvl 80

Completely forgetting Brisban Wildlands 15-25 the asura/sylvari area, Snowden Drifts the norn 15-25 area and Diessa Plateau the charr 15-25 area.So no everyone dident have to run around the human kessex hills 15-25 area.