This item only has value as part of a collection.....

Jia Shen.4217

I know this is not a recent change by any means but the thought occurred to me today while playing.... Why were these even made as items? For instance I just did most of Cin Business achievement. Most of these items came from ground interacts. But the game is capable of advancing and achievement without creating an item. Example several achievements that you find badges throughout a zone. And there is no additional flavor created by them being items: The only text on the item is that of the thread title. It just seems strange to have made the items. I mean I could be wrong but I would think that it would have involved more coding for them to have been items over simply advancing the achievement. Thoughts?

Not always. Usually if it can be sold on the tp it must be bound in order for it to count towards a collection. Otherwise we could just pass one item around the tp and everyone could complete the collection off it. The good news is if you sold a collection item in the past, there are likely fewer players who have not completed the collection now than there was then, and there are likely more examples of the item in the world. So you can probably buy it back for significantly less than you sold it for . . .

@Gop.8713 said:Not always. Usually if it can be sold on the tp it must be bound in order for it to count towards a collection. Otherwise we could just pass one item around the tp and everyone could complete the collection off it. The good news is if you sold a collection item in the past, there are likely fewer players who have not completed the collection now than there was then, and there are likely more examples of the item in the world. So you can probably buy it back for significantly less than you sold it for . . .

I guess I was thinking of one-off items, but yeah. Of course, if you right click an item, it will show the associated collection, if any.

Items in an open collection flash in the lower right corner when it is added to the collection and the progress, xx of xx. I don't need to see it in my inventory unless I can sell/salvage/use it later.I have too many inventory slots taken up by things I'm questioning whether I will regret trashing it now. I shouldn't have to go to wiki for each item.