[ WvG ] - World vs Globes - road map to - [ Reboot WvW ]

Diku.2546

Less is more. Walls of text are just wasting the time of everyone.

WvW it's based on a proven system that is working and is fun. Just needs a few changes, improvements and not to turn it into something else.

This Globe system isn't something I would play.

Instead WvW needs to return back to it's roots (DAoC 3 realm system) and improve it further. 

WvW needs it's own class balance; less or no automated skills and traits, make player skill (where timing, coordination and movement decides the outcome, not raw numbers wins), population balancing (based on skilled contribution rating and timezone, not raw hours spent on map) with a way to swap teams on the fly (the player to join the other team until needed, temporarily)  if the other side is outnumbered, reasons to want to win and fight back, and so on, many things needs and could be improved futher -- but all these are possible, one step a time.

TLDR - Hope this smaller version of the Wall of Text helps

Chapter 2 is meant for Developers to keep track of which specific game mode mechanics need to be carefully replicated From WvW TO WvG in Beta Testing Events

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064948/#Comment_1064948

---------------------

CHAPTER 2

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition

2021.09.26 - This Post Last Updated

---------------------

STEPS TO RE-DESIGN - WvW Into WvG

---------------------

1.   Put current WvW game mode into Maintenance - No Changes Allowed

2.   Re-Focus Development Team's Direction - See [ Chapter 3 - New Game Mode & Vision ]

3.   Create a Parallel WvG game mode

4.   Develop WvG to replace WvW in the steps outlined in Chapter 2

5.   Long-term goal is to preserve ALL Server Team Identities & Communities

6.   Initially Create 4 Globes for this New WvG game mode to Test & Develop "Proof of Concept"

7.   Remove ALL Design Mechanics from the Base maps that WvW uses & Re-Purpose them for WvG

8.   Next, Layer back Design Mechanics as needed for these New WvG Globes - See [ Chapter 7 - WvG Overview ]

9.   Use of Globe Raiding is critical to creating Match-Ups Players weekly pick themselves

10.   Later Create More WvG Globes to replace ALL existing servers after Confirming "Proof of Concept"

11. New WvG game mode is "slowly" beta tested during "weekend events" where WvW is turned off

12. New WvG game mode eventually swapped in to replace Old WvW

13. Old WvW is then allowed to gracefully fade away

---------------------

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 2

Wait…. So now you need Two TLDRs to explain?  

I wouldn’t call this a necro, but it IS self bumping to promote your own posts.  

If people actually don’t get your idea after 4 years, whose fault is that?

More to the point:  You’ve made 52 posts on this thread……. 

you’d need a whole thread to make it TLDR.

Edited by Strider Pj.2193

My post is an announcement to a major update to the permanent Chapter 2 of this Road Map based solution.

I posted 2 TLDR because some forum experts here don't read & only want to foment as much misinformation & conflict.

The 2nd TLDR just shows that some forum expert can't even read a 2 step note...imho

It's hard to satisfy those that only want to criticize with no helpful feedback & not truly understand the intent of this post was to communicate to the WvW community of this major update to Chapter 2.

The Road Map solution posted have several permanent Chapters that I refer to in a Table of Contents.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

I'll just agree to disagree with you.

Yours truly,
Diku

Edited by Diku.2546

1 hour ago, Diku.2546 said:

Yours truly,
Diku

Alliances manifested already. Yours still.... even though its already 4 years....
TLDR when?

Yours truly,
Norbe

You do not need to critically think for an answer so you won't waste time.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  -Albert Einstein

Edited by Norbe.7630