Anyone else excited for more Kas and Jory?

Aphrodite.6950

@"KeoLegend.5132" said:=Also it doesnt matter even if there was 300 straight relationships i rather see a 301 than 1 non-straight. Thats simply based on PREFERENCE. I respect all kind of relationships but that doesnt mean im forced to agree and Support them.In the world you live there's ppl that sometimes think different than you. Thats ok you know? thats what makes us unique

Yet you'd rather 100% of the relationships reflect your own preference, rather than let even a single one-- one in hundreds-- be different? Well, that's just pure selfishness, honestly. That's not respecting "uniqueness" at all; that's entirely dismissive of my preferences or anybody else's.

You cannot in one breath say we should recognise "what makes us unique", and in another breath say that absolutely every instance in-game should reflect your preference, and not even one in three hundred should be any different. That's not respecting uniqueness at all: it's valuing homogeneity above uniqueness.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Neilos Tyrhanos.5427 said:

@"KeoLegend.5132" said:=Also it doesnt matter even if there was 300 straight relationships i rather see a 301 than 1 non-straight. Thats simply based on PREFERENCE. I respect all kind of relationships but that doesnt mean im forced to agree and Support them.In the world you live there's ppl that sometimes think different than you. Thats ok you know? thats what makes us unique

Yet you'd rather 100% of the relationships reflect your own preference, rather than let even a single one-- one in hundreds-- be different? Well, that's just pure selfishness, honestly. That's not respecting "uniqueness" at all; that's entirely dismissive of my preferences or anybody else's.

You cannot in one breath say we should recognise "what makes us unique", and in another breath say that absolutely every instance in-game should reflect your preference, and not even one in three hundred should be any different. That's not respecting uniqueness at all: it's valuing homogeneity above uniqueness.

Do you understand this is a GAME? A Game that I BOUGHT and has the rights to play MY STORY while being the MAIN CHARACTER as it is suposed to be? And just because i said i'd rather A than B doesnt means i wont accept B and "banish" it. I still went trough the whole STUPID story involving treaharne... i went through Caithe's shit relationship too, i also went through on KasJory. Thats why i asked for THE PLAYER to make the choices on the relationship, afterall this is MY STORY. Did you forget what your beloved character said when you created him/her?

Stop trying to bring you real life drama issues into a GAME, in case you didn't notice this isn't your real life

@"KeoLegend.5132" said:Do you understand this is a GAME? A Game that I BOUGHT and has the rights to play MY STORY while being the MAIN CHARACTER as it is suposed to be?

Uhrrm, yes? I genuinely don't know what this is about.

I bought the game as well. Why should your preferences be more important than mine?

And just because i said i'd rather A than B doesnt means i wont accept B and "banish" it. I still went trough the whole STUPID story involving treaharne... i went through Caithe's kitten relationship too, i also went through on KasJory. Thats why i asked for THE PLAYER to make the choices on the relationship, afterall this is MY STORY. Did you forget what your beloved character said when you created him/her?

You explicitly said you'd prefer every single relationship be straight, rather than 1 out of 300 be same-sex. That's selfishness: dismissiveness of what anybody else wants, to the extent that even if you get what you want 300/301 times, even that isn't enough; it must be every time.

Honestly, people wonder why gamers request representation sometimes. Incredible.

Stop trying to bring you real life drama issues into a GAME, in case you didn't notice this isn't your real life

How am I doing so?! You're the one complaining about the content of the game, not me.

@"KeoLegend.5132" said:Do you understand this is a GAME? A Game that I BOUGHT and has the rights to play MY STORY while being the MAIN CHARACTER as it is suposed to be?

I bought the game as well. Why should your preferences be more important than mine?

And just because i said i'd rather A than B doesnt means i wont accept B and "banish" it. I still went trough the whole STUPID story involving treaharne... i went through Caithe's kitten relationship too, i also went through on KasJory. Thats why i asked for THE PLAYER to make the choices on the relationship, afterall this is MY STORY. Did you forget what your beloved character said when you created him/her?

You explicitly said you'd prefer every single relationship be straight, rather than 1 out of 300 be same-sex. That's selfishness: dismissiveness of what anybody else wants, to the extent that even if you get what you want 300/301 times, even that isn't enough; it must be every time.

Honestly, people wonder why gamers request representation sometimes. Incredible.

How am I doing so?! You're the one complaining about the content of the game, not me.

You are the one making dramas.The reason that the story mode is FREAKING INSTANCED is to make YOUR CHOICES relevant to you while irrelevant to other plays.I bought my game and i have the same right as you, do, thats why story mode is instanced! Thats why i asked for RELATIONSHIP CHOICES rather than just throwing up at us. Let us choose what kind of relationship we want inside our instance

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:Do you understand this is a GAME? A Game that I BOUGHT and has the rights to play MY STORY while being the MAIN CHARACTER as it is suposed to be?

You are the one making dramas.The reason that the story mode is
FREAKING INSTANCED
is to make
YOUR CHOICES
relevant
to you
while irrelevant to other plays.
I bought my game
and
i have the same right as you,
do, thats why
story mode is instanced!
Thats why i asked for
RELATIONSHIP CHOICES
rather than just throwing up at us. Let us choose what kind of relationship we want inside our instance

Giving everyone a "choose your own adventure" with NPC relationships seems like a lot of unnecessary work to satisfy a few homophobes and whatnot. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that non heterosexual relationships exist? I mean, yeah, I can get behind the argument that their relationship is like their only defining feature and it's annoying. Straight or not, if your entire identity is tied up in your significant other, that's just a toxic relationship. But pretty much everything else you said was "I don't like the fact that I have to see a gay relationship, so I should get to opt out of it".

And the really weird thing is you complained specifically about Kas and Jory being a lesbian relationship, yet you also mentioned having female characters that get into relationships with females.

@Squee.7829 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:Do you understand this is a GAME? A Game that I BOUGHT and has the rights to play MY STORY while being the MAIN CHARACTER as it is suposed to be?

FREAKING INSTANCED
is to make
YOUR CHOICES
relevant
to you
I bought my game
and
do, thats why
story mode is instanced!
Thats why i asked for
RELATIONSHIP CHOICES
rather than just throwing up at us. Let us choose what kind of relationship we want inside our instance

Giving everyone a "choose your own adventure" with NPC relationships seems like a lot of unnecessary work to satisfy a few homophobes and whatnot. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that non heterosexual relationships exist? I mean, yeah, I can get behind the argument that their relationship is like their only defining feature and it's annoying. Straight or not, if your entire identity is tied up in your significant other, that's just a toxic relationship. But pretty much everything else you said was "I don't like the fact that I have to see a gay relationship, so I should get to opt out of it".

And the really weird thing is you complained specifically about Kas and Jory being a lesbian relationship, yet you also mentioned having female characters that get into relationships with females.

Homophobenoun

1. a person who fears or hates homosexuals and homosexuality.

Now find where i said i fear or hate it. Just because i rather see straight relationships or that i dont like it, it doesnt make me homophobe. Also i couldn't care less with it as long it makes good kind of romance like i said on my First post that you also didn't read. Problem is doing BAD ROMANCE options and forcing people to just swallow the Poorly-made relationships just because they are homo and those who dislikes or prefers something else get called homophobe. You should be less Sensitive and more respectfull towards other people's opinnion. I have my own but i never disrespected anyone else that thinks different in any point of this conversation

and you still indirectly called me homophobe...

Giving everyone a "choose your own adventure" with NPC relationships seems like a lot of unnecessary work to satisfy a few homophobes and whatnot. Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that non heterosexual relationships exist? I mean, yeah, I can get behind the argument that their relationship is like their only defining feature and it's annoying. Straight or not, if your entire identity is tied up in your significant other, that's just a toxic relationship. But pretty much everything else you said was "I don't like the fact that I have to see a gay relationship, so I should get to opt out of it".Lot of unecessary work? might be. So what not focus on things that ACTUALLY matter instead of pointless relationships that just serves as fillers?

Remember when you created ur champ and could pick 3 different guilds? remember your side story that you could choose tons of different options that would be different missions or at least different conversations, even tho everything would be wrapped up in the end?If they want to put relationship without anyone complaining they should do it. Because i understand that even if anet listened to me and removed everything i dislike it would solve anything because other ppl wouldn't agree and as i said, we all bought the game, we have the same rights

I remember all those moments. Where you got to choose the direction of YOUR story. At no point in the entire game did you ever get to pick the specifics of another NPC's journey. So your suggestion is still weird. Anet made their own characters that are independent of you and your choices. They have their own things going on. There is no game in history that let you choose the personalities and relationship statuses of OTHER characters in the story. That's just lazy story-telling. "Here's a person! Where's he from? What does he do? What are his strengths and weaknesses? I dunno. You figure it out, buddy! You're the hero!" That blank slate is fine for your PC, but if NPC's were like that too? That'd just be dull and annoying.

@"Zaraki.5784" said:No, since I don't like homosexuality (not blaming those who like it, just expressing my own opinion), I'm not excited about more Kas&Jory.

Well I don't like heterosexuality either but I still gotta look at the game couples that are 9/10 straight. Also "not liking homosexuality" is not an "opinion", just a fyi

Crazy thought, why don't we discuss Marjory and Kasmeer based on their character, character development, and involvement in the story instead of getting hung up on their romance. I don't don't see the point in complaining about the romances of the people around you in game. I could see complaint if they forced the PC into a relationship that we hated, but just leave the NPC's alone. They aren't real anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Orientation aside... their romance is super cringy and is usually filler for no plot. It's akin to a car chase as a plot device...oh look we have no story to tell here, let's peak into another jory and kasy-pooh sweetums gush in front of the awkward moment commander...... No thanks.

Marjory, like Rox, is played out. There's just nothing for her since mid season 2.

I miss the investigator Marjory. The one we had in Season 1. This version of her would have made sense for the Livia/Shining Blade arch. I dare say she should have joined the shining blade, not the commander, especially after her time with the white mantle and fake Laz. It would give her ongoing relevance as well. Hell, that would make her relationship with Kas more interesting. Off whispering with Anise....on SB business...some triangle/jealousy stuff going on...

I'm gonna be as straight with u as possible with u guys( no pun intended, well maby a little bit)

They are hot, and they are lesbians, that is all.

I'm completely indifferent to them to be honest aside from fanservice.

I would argue that dem bieng lesbians and bieng in a relationship isn't notified 24/7 rather thier relationship to us the commander is nothing more then bieng a pair of grunts. so they do everything u ask of them and then in thier free time there is so little to thier characters safe for that bit of dem bieng lesbians and in a relationship. it's not in our faces. honestly they are boring. what they did do or allowed to see a glimmer in thier personality was morso kasmeer going all crazy cause balthazar showed up.

they are like incredibly vaguely developed rp characters. that's the problem.

@Trinket.8203 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:That's not gonna happen. It just isn't Anet's way. As a Norn player I am doubly annoyed by this because the whole motivation of my character is to build his legend - so forcing him to be nothing but a spectator to other characters is doubly terrible. It is also why I hate Trahearne with a passion because as soon as he is introduced, it truly stops being the story about your character. Up to that point, it has been - all the different racial "introduction" part of the story is 110% about your character. Then Tree Jebus gets introduced and downhill we go...

Huh. I was kind of relieved with that while it lasted. I'm so absolutely tired of games that constantly fluff you with "Oh, noes! You're the ONLY ONE who can save us, great and powerful hero!!!" It just feels so pandering. It's such a departure when a game makes you just a face in the crowd that it's almost refreshing at this point.

On the other hand, while I'm being propped up as Big Hero, lemme get on that Canach, Anet. ;D

I agree, but I feel like there needs to be a happy medium. Anet reducing your main character to what is essentially a spectator to the other character's being awesome is just as bad as having your character being Neo from The Matrix who saves everyone because Chosen.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@"Zaraki.5784" said:No, since I don't like homosexuality (not blaming those who like it, just expressing my own opinion), I'm not excited about more Kas&Jory.

Well I don't like heterosexuality

What the fu...?

The previous comment was somebody saying they "don't like homosexuality". The point was, presumably, to show how the two sentiments are no different, in essence.

It's no less reasonable to say "I don't like heterosexuality" as it is to say "I don't like homosexuality". They're facts of life.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

FREAKING INSTANCED
is to make
YOUR CHOICES
relevant
to you
I bought my game
and
do, thats why
story mode is instanced!
Thats why i asked for
RELATIONSHIP CHOICES

You want us to be able to decide which character traits appear... in the NPCs?! That's never been the case, in any RPGs. No games let you do this. They're non-player characters; the clue is in the name.

And yes, I'm the one making dramas. That's why you're the one posting in all-caps, and demanding the creators change the content of the game to suit your hang-up.

Well I don't like heterosexuality

What the fu...?

The previous comment was somebody saying they "don't like homosexuality". The point was, presumably, to show how the two sentiments are no different, in essence.

It's no less reasonable to say "I don't like heterosexuality" as it is to say "I don't like homosexuality". They're facts of life.

Oh. Satire.

My bad.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Henry.5713 said:
Now, how about a Canach x Rytlock pairing? That would be something to behold.

Sounds like that'd be a bit prickly to me.

Besides, there's still Rytlock x Logan that needs resolution!

I always thought it would have been funny if Rytlock was with us instead of Canach when we investigated Caudecus' study.

We'd stumble upon that huge portrait of Logan and be all like...

Rytlock: Oh, Minister Beetlestone, you did not disappoint. Where do you think he got this huge portrait of Logan made?Player: Umm... Well maybe... You know what? We should probably never tell Logan about this.Rytlock: Why? Doesn't everyone have one of these in their personal office?Player: .... >_>

• 2 weeks later...

@Aphrodite.6950 said:

@Myrdreth.6829 said:I think both of them are boring :/ I don't mind their relationship, it has nothing to do with that. They are just really boring characters in my opinion.

And about their relationship: The dialogues between them seem so fake and superficial. They don't seem natural at all with each other...but it's not just those two that have that problem. In other games, movies or books some couples seem like that too. I can't really describe it.

But the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid from How To Tame Your Dragon is really beautiful. That's what I would hope for Kas and Jory. Natural banter, normal talks with each other and not those cliché dialogues. You know what I mean? Argh, it's really hard to put into words...sorry.

Did you not play ls3?

That doesn't belie the fact that they are boring characters.

If I were Marjory I would have dumped Kas a long time ago, she's just too needy.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:I hope it stops honestly. First Caith, now both of them. Stop trying to be cool.If we are talking about preferences here i prefer straight romances.

Why?

There are hundreds, thousands of straight romances out there. Hell, there are loads of them in GW/ GW2. What's wrong with including a few non-straight ones?

EDIT: Frankly, makes me feel a little uncomfortable (& borderline unwelcome) to see so many people moaning about this.

Ok. Name one straight romance that is memorable on GW2.

How about Logan Thackeray and Queen Jennah? You know the whole Snaff dying , Glint dying, and Kralky getting away. The breakup of Destiny's Edge is a major part of the personal story and Kralky is all over PoF and LS4. Granted their relationship in game is nonexistent but a large chunk of the in game story is a direct result of the pre-game romance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@DeadTreeJig.6714 said:

How about Logan Thackeray and Queen Jennah? You know the whole Snaff dying , Glint dying, and Kralky getting away. The breakup of Destiny's Edge is a major part of the personal story and Kralky is all over PoF and LS4. Granted their relationship in game is nonexistent but a large chunk of the in game story is a direct result of the pre-game romance.

Isn't that less romantic partners and more Mesmer and thrall?

For what it's worth, I am also not excited for more Kass and Jory. But that's because I recently realized that any moment spent on the 'B' team and their lives is a moment not spent fleshing out the plot. Snarky Casino Choya and the friendly hairball may have been fun to have around, but they could have been replaced by any Snarky/Gruff pairing and accomplished the same thing. I want characters with meaning who tie into the plot. Not characters with direction tying me into their own plots.

(and I should add in- Kas, Rytlock, and Choya were enjoyable in PoF. But the only character who actually interacted with the story (in a non-replaceable fashion) was Kas, and she shrugged everything off after visiting Kormir and turned back into generic Dragon's Watch member #3)

Archived