Stealth should keep/put players into Combat

Straegen.2938

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Walk
me
us throught your logic here and tell everyone how you came up with that conclusion. Seems like just another empty, made up claim.

Because in eso , if you get attacked > you get destealthIf you get Dot > you get destealthIf you Dot and then try to stealth > you get revealedIf you attack once and miss > you get destealthIf you ''courch'' stealth , you move slowly

Is "miguelsil" your second account? Also your answer doesn't answer the question or supports what he said, all you did was describe a mechanic in a single different game. Which wasn't the point at all.

miguelsi said , that eso dont have such toxix mechanicYou said : ''Walk
me
us throught your logic here and tell everyone how you came up with that conclusion''You try to change the subject , and i like it :P( i have a second account , but i am still thinking or not to boycot future games . It will effect other games and the bold oceanologist be sad , like the old kitten)

If we want to be accurate, he never singled out ESO, he was talking about "other games". Even then after someone limited it to few specific games, eso was never singled out. Except for the people that want to keep pushing their point based solely on eso stealth mechanic instead of earlier stated "other balanced games", so they keep spamming about eso 24/7 regardless of what the context or earlier answer was.

I'm not changing the subject at all though? I think you just lost some context on the way here :p

Which other games , should we talk for their stealth mechanic ?

Literally any other game with stealth mechanic would be my guess? Or -even better- gw2 instead of trying to claim that it should copy others and that "X game's mechanic is better because I said so"?

All the games , have either stealth that break on damage or getting hit , or reduced movement speed .

No they don't, that's just false.

Even in BR it has high cd , but their attacks/spells you have to manully aim , and not Tab and hit an enemy

I can't decide if it's false or not, because it's unclear what you think "high cd" is :p

Tell me the game , which has a more noobie approch than GW2

Is your knowledge about games with stealth limited to 2 titles? In that case, I'm not sure how can you make any claims involving "every game" or similar. I'm not doing the legwork for your lack of knowledge -you can literally easly google it.

Lets anaylyze your arguments

Sooo when you said "All the games , have either stealth that break on damage or getting hit , or reduced movement speed ." you literally meant that? And you're ready to analize my arguments, which literally takes one game without your described mechanics? The moment I list any, you'd say it doesn't count or that it's not what you've meant. :D

Who has more toxic design ?

What is "more toxic design"? Even now there are popular games with same/similar stealth designs. "More toxic" seems to be purely subjective, so not sure what you mean by that. Also you didn't answer.

• Confused 1

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:Ooooor they just disagree with you, but then you couldn't make remarks at them for not implementing changes YOU want.

That's an easy comment to make when you're the favoured one. Let's not forget that the game is in such an amazing state because they listened to one set of people - oh hang on...

Who's the faovoured one? Thief? You make that claim that based on what exactly?And sure, the comment was easy to make, but not because someone's favoured here, but because what I said was true (and pretty obvious) and you know that.They listened to what "Set of people" exactly?

They have consistently exclusively listened and developed their game around the desired and expressions of
gankers
, more specifically the Thief. It's been nerfed ONE TIME in the history of GW2.

That's a blatant lie and I'm not sure if you're even remotely serious right now lmao.

The Thief is so OP that players are boycotting PvP because of all the 5-Thief teams.

This is WvW, so even if true, it's still not about stealth, so I don't see how that's relevant here?

It's an answer to your question.

No, it's not.

Saying that thief was nerfed once is just hilariously and obviously wrong.The question was what "Set of people" did they listen to. Literally show me those people and their posts/proposals and then we can see how anet introduced anything "that set of people" asked for in the game. Writing that "people are boycotting PvP because of thieves" is neither relevant on WvW subform, nor is it answering the actual question. So try answering again.

Actually just go to thief subforum and check the opinions from the past 7 years and prove to yourself how much you don't know what you're talking about :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me
us throught your logic here and tell everyone how you came up with that conclusion. Seems like just another empty, made up claim.

Because in eso , if you get attacked > you get destealthIf you get Dot > you get destealthIf you Dot and then try to stealth > you get revealedIf you attack once and miss > you get destealthIf you ''courch'' stealth , you move slowly

Is "miguelsil" your second account? Also your answer doesn't answer the question or supports what he said, all you did was describe a mechanic in a single different game. Which wasn't the point at all.

me
us throught your logic here and tell everyone how you came up with that conclusion''You try to change the subject , and i like it :P( i have a second account , but i am still thinking or not to boycot future games . It will effect other games and the bold oceanologist be sad , like the old kitten)

If we want to be accurate, he never singled out ESO, he was talking about "other games". Even then after someone limited it to few specific games, eso was never singled out. Except for the people that want to keep pushing their point based solely on eso stealth mechanic instead of earlier stated "other balanced games", so they keep spamming about eso 24/7 regardless of what the context or earlier answer was.

I'm not changing the subject at all though? I think you just lost some context on the way here :p

Literally any other game with stealth mechanic would be my guess? Or -even better- gw2 instead of trying to claim that it should copy others and that "X game's mechanic is better because I said so"?

All the games , have either stealth that break on damage or getting hit , or reduced movement speed .

Even in BR it has high cd , but their attacks/spells you have to manully aim , and not Tab and hit an enemy

I can't decide if it's false or not, because it's unclear what you think "high cd" is :p

Is your knowledge about games with stealth limited to 2 titles? In that case, I'm not sure how can you make any claims involving "every game" or similar. I'm not doing the legwork for your lack of knowledge -you can literally easly google it.

Sooo when you said "All the games , have either stealth that break on damage or getting hit , or reduced movement speed ." you literally meant that? And you're ready to analize my arguments, which literally takes one game without your described mechanics? The moment I list any, you'd say it doesn't count or that it's not what you've meant. :D

What is "more toxic design"? Even now there are popular games with same/similar stealth designs. "More toxic" seems to be purely subjective, so not sure what you mean by that. Also you didn't answer.

Theres a reason , all games put a drawback on stealth .Just tell me a game , to compare .... to have a conversation .... about if GW2 stealth is toxic or notOtherwise we will go in circles :P

https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Control_Ward

me

me

Theres a reason , all games put a drawback on stealth .

Again, that's just wrong, but I highly doubt linking you to game/s that prove you wrong would change anything about your stance :sleeping:

Just tell me a game , to compare .... to have a conversation .... about if GW2 stealth is toxic or not

Seriously, if you think you know what you're talking about and honestly claim all games put a drawback on stealth then I'm not sure there's much room for a conversation here. :D

Otherwise we will go in circles :P

Circles are fun, but for a short time :(

That's not a "drawback on stealth" and by that logic you can find at least a few revealing mechanics in gw2 o/

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

me

Again, that's just wrong, but I highly doubt linking you to game/s that prove you wrong would change anything about your stance :sleeping:

Just tell me a game , to compare .... to have a conversation .... about if GW2 stealth is toxic or not

Seriously, if you think you know what you're talking about and honestly claim all games put a drawback on stealth then I'm not sure there's much room for a conversation here. :D

That's not a "drawback on stealth" and by that logic you can find at least a few revealing mechanics in gw2 o/

In case you use LoL stealth .Yeah you right circles are fun, but for a short time . I need to make richer the liquor store . Brbr 2 months :P

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:Actually just go to thief subforum and check the opinions from the past 7 years and prove to yourself how much you don't know what you're talking about :D

I'm done, nothing will convince you that you're wrong, but let's just note that your opinion isn't unanimous.

Just answer to my 2-3 previous posts. But instead of doing that you keep dodging and pretend you answered to anything by making empty claims about "thieves getting nerfed once in the history of game"(???) and certain set of people driving anet's balance patches. Both are wrong. Both went unanswered, but instead you made another empty claim about "pvp being boycotted because of thief".

• Confused 1

me

me

In case you use LoL stealth .

In case I use LoL stealth, it's still not a "drawback on stealth" and gw2 still has reveal mechanics. :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

me

In case I use LoL stealth, it's still not a "drawback on stealth" and gw2 still has reveal mechanics. :D

You can put them in chockepoints , 3.000 yeards away from you , or put them near your feet for a persistence detection (regadles of how many stealth you do) :P

Edit: Lets not forrget that for the first 10 min in LoL you dont have unlocked tier 4 stealth , or have 4+ items to 1-shot the enemy .But if the lategame is taking too long , its creates a bitter feeling

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:Or like most normal better balanced games, you cannot stealth in combat.

In about every MOBA and BR(which have stealth) or FPS you can stealth while in combat.

And this relates to GW2 how?

And any other game relates to Gw2 how by your logic?

@gebrechen.5643 said:You can't compare a moba or br game to an mmorpg. That's like saying but in "Fifa my endurance bar is way better".And no, in better balanced games you can't stealth in combat. I don't think ESO is "a better balanced game" The whole pvp/rvr system is terrible and broken.If you look at WoW for example you have a way better usage of stealth, if you take a look at SW:ToR you see the same better concept and if you go back to warhammer online you see how stealth can be designed without being full overpowered.

You can when most MMO's PvP modes are comparable to PvP games modes.

In my favourite game, Smite, the most hated character is Loki, he is basically the dagger DE of that game, he has also always been low-tier, yet poeple keep wanting to have him nerfed, which shows how casuals over-judge stealth and its power.

@Anput.4620 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:Or like most normal better balanced games, you cannot stealth in combat.

In about every MOBA and BR(which have stealth) or FPS you can stealth while in combat.

And this relates to GW2 how?

And
any
other game relates to Gw2 how by your logic?

@gebrechen.5643 said:You can't compare a moba or br game to an mmorpg. That's like saying but in "Fifa my endurance bar is way better".And no, in better balanced games you can't stealth in combat. I don't think ESO is "a better balanced game" The whole pvp/rvr system is terrible and broken.If you look at WoW for example you have a way better usage of stealth, if you take a look at SW:ToR you see the same better concept and if you go back to warhammer online you see how stealth can be designed without being full overpowered.

In my favourite game, Smite, the most hated character is Loki, he is basically the dagger DE of that game, he has also always been low-tier, yet poeple keep wanting to have him nerfed, which shows how casuals over-judge stealth and its power.

Lets copy the Smite idea then :

a) Creates towers , so we can create safezonesb) creates items , that can increase movement speed (so we cant toucheach other)d) create Heimdallr passive (new character) . When a player stealth (4-5sec) , Heimdallr can still see him for 4 sec (01:56 in the video)

edit: BTW i can see it as a passive to Warriors , that if they toggle their Healing Signet they have this effectOr if 2 of their attacks miss in a period of 2 sec , they do aoe unbrokable Blind with 2 sec cd (dirty fighter)

@"Anput.4620" said:

But they aren't. WvW isn't close to comparable to any moba game mode. That's apples and oranges. And by "comparing" a class in Smite with the issue of stealth in GW2 you show how clueless you try to argue. I never saw a smite character permastealth in a keep and port a zerg in to "instantly win" this part of the game.And no thief or mesmer aren't low-tier. They mostly dominated in spvp. Both classes were - with the exception of maybe one season in 8 years - top 3 professions.In WvW they even get better due to to better stats, food and "not having to contest" which makes stealth even stronger.

It's completely stupid to argue how bad stealth affects the whole gameplay.

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

Just because someone agrees with me and gives their opinion which is shared by many other about a mechanic that is harmful for the game and players moral and enjoyment (except the ones abusing it) does not mean i have multiple accounts. I understand it may be difficult for you to believe that but do try.

@miguelsil.6324 said:

me

Just because someone agrees with me and gives their opinion which is shared by many other about a mechanic that is harmful for the game and players moral and enjoyment (except the ones abusing it) does not mean i have multiple accounts. I understand it may be difficult for you to believe that but do try.

That's great! It's also great how you managed to answer to this post, which wasn't directed at you, but still dodged the question directed at you. :)

me

me

You can put them in chockepoints , 3.000 yeards away from you , or put them near your feet for a persistence detection (regadles of how many stealth you do) :P

You can do the same in gw2, not sure what your point here is? Also it STILL doesn't change the fact that a ward is a reveal mechanic (that's also present in gw2) and NOT a "drawback on stealth", which you claimed is in every game. Do you understand it and willingly ignore that fact for the sake of -unsurprisingly- not admitting you were wrong, or do you have some troubles with understanding that? :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

me

You can do the same in gw2, not sure what your point here is? Also it STILL doesn't change the fact that a ward is a reveal mechanic (that's also present in gw2) and NOT a "drawback on stealth", which you claimed is in every game. Do you understand it and willingly ignore that fact for the sake of -unsurprisingly- not admitting you were wrong, or do you have some troubles with understanding that? :D

So having a constant(24/7) aoe reveal ward , that allows you to see invisible enemies from a longer vicinityWhere GW2 only a half amount of classes have it , and the vicinity is a lot smaller and only half the duration ?Its the same ?

''. Do you understand it and willingly ignore that fact for the sake of -unsurprisingly- not admitting you were wrong, or do you have some troubles with understanding that? :D ''

Dont worry , after the 2 months break , we will talk about that you need to gear + lvl up skill/damages+tower creating a safezone that detects stealth , in mobasedit: or increase your movement speed via items to outpace any meele or stealth characterI dont want to overload your mind :P You just a Thief :P

me

me

So having a constant(24/7) aoe reveal ward , that allows you to see invisible enemies from a longer vicinityWhere GW2 only a half amount of classes have it , and the vicinity is a lot smaller and only half the duration ?Its the same ?

Reveal doesn't need to be class specific, so yes, you pretty much have the same thing in gw2.

''. Do you understand it and willingly ignore that fact for the sake of -unsurprisingly- not admitting you were wrong, or do you have some troubles with understanding that? :D ''

Sooo... yes? No? Still ignoring the fact that you were talking about "drawbacks on stealth", but now you're talking about reveal and treat it as if it's the same? Even forgetting that gw2 also has reveal mechanics but you're not using them?

So literally as I wrote above in this thread:"And you're ready to analize my arguments, which literally takes one game without your described mechanics? The moment I list any, you'd say it doesn't count or that it's not what you've meant." :)

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

me

Reveal doesn't need to be class specific, so yes, you pretty much have the same thing in gw2.

Sooo... yes? No? Still ignoring the fact that you were talking about "drawbacks on stealth", but now you're talking about reveal and treat it as if it's the same? Even forgetting that gw2 also has reveal mechanics but you're not using them?

So increase all classes then to have reveal , in their kit more easilySo before a stealth character can jump to me from 1200-900 range , i can see him from 2000 yards away

If we are going to follow the model of mobas , then creates gear that scale up with timeYou need to be alive for 25 min (just like collecting 4+ gears in mobs) to 1-shot an enemy from stealth and if die you broke the gear , starting from 0

me

me

So increase all classes then to have reveal , in their kit more easilySo before a stealth character can jump to me from 1200-900 range , i can see him from 2000 yards away

Why? Reveal already isn't class-related. Packing everyone with reveal skills, which seems to be what you want would literally make no sense. And "more easly"? As if actually pressing buttons isn't easy enough?Also if you want to stick to that comparison, the ward is 1-per-person, takes up your item slot, is clearly visible to the opponents and equally easly destroyable. And I'm not sure what your made up ingame yards have to do with anything here. :D

If we are going to follow the model of mobas , then creates gear that scale up with timeYou need to be alive for 15 min (just like collecting 4+ gears in mobs) to 1-shot an enemy from stealth and if die you broke the gear , starting from 0

That's... not how it works in mobas though, so weak comparison. And stop squirming about other things in 'different games' when you start realising you're wrong and what you said for the past page of this thread is just false. :)

Sooo still ignoring the fact that you were talking about "drawbacks on stealth", but now you're talking about reveal and treat it as if it's the same? Even forgetting that gw2 also has reveal mechanics but you're not using them?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

me

Why? Reveal already isn't class-related. Packing everyone with reveal skills, which seems to be what you want would literally make no sense. And "more easly"? As if actually pressing buttons isn't easy enough?Also if you want to stick to that comparison, the ward is 1-per-person, takes up your item slot, is clearly visible to the opponents and equally easly destroyable. And I'm not sure what your made up ingame yards have to do with anything here. :D

If we are going to follow the model of mobas , then creates gear that scale up with timeYou need to be alive for 15 min (just like collecting 4+ gears in mobs) to 1-shot an enemy from stealth and if die you broke the gear , starting from 0

That's... not how it works in mobas though, so weak comparison. And stop squirming about other things in 'different games' when you start realising you're wrong.

Sooo still ignoring the fact that you were talking about "drawbacks on stealth", but now you're talking about reveal and treat it as if it's the same? Even forgetting that gw2 also has reveal mechanics but you're not using them?

1)You are saying that GW2 has the same reveal like LoLAnd then you change your opinion that it shouldnt be so avialable + permanant effectYou need to hit the wards with 4 attacks , otherwise the enemy can see in still see you in LoL , before you can jump to him

2) For some reason you forgot what you typedYou dont want wards like LoL

So you dont want GW2 to be like LoL (constant waards)But you are saying to other ppl that they should compare GW2 to LoL

(7 years of Thief cercullar thinking)

me

me

That's... not how it works in mobas though, so weak comparison. And stop squirming about other things in 'different games' when you start realising you're wrong.

1)You are saying that GW2 has the same reveal like LoLAnd then you change your opinion that it shouldnt be so avialable + permanant effectYou need to hit the wards with 4 attacks , otherwise the enemy can see in still see you in LoL , before you can jump to him

What I said was literally: you're not talking about "stealth drawback" (like you constantly did before, go reread your own posts), you're talking about reveal. Reveal is already also in gw2.At which point, exactly did I change my opinion here, lmao.

No, as stated above, I didn't forget what I wrote. But you clearly forgot what you kept writing before you changed your "point" to a reveal mechanic. :)

So you dont want GW2 to be like LoL (constant waards)But you are saying to other ppl that they should compare GW2 to LoL

First of all, you're the one that brought up LoL, just saying lmao.

?Sooo still ignoring the fact that you were talking about "drawbacks on stealth", but now you're talking about reveal and treat it as if it's the same? Even forgetting that gw2 also has reveal mechanics but you're not using them?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

me

What I said was
literally
: you're not talking about "stealth drawback" (like you constantly did before, go reread your own posts), you're talking about reveal. Reveal is already also in gw2.At which point, exactly did I change my opinion here, lmao.

No, as stated above, I didn't forget what I wrote. But you clearly forgot what you kept writing before you changed your "point" to a reveal mechanic. :)

?Sooo still ignoring the fact that you were talking about "drawbacks on stealth", but now you're talking about reveal and treat it as if it's the same? Even forgetting that gw2 also has reveal mechanics but you're not using them?

Stealth reveal = stealth drawbackStealth have a weakness , when going in an area that doesnt allow it to work , because of a WardWhich is sneaking up on ppl from stealth , to suprice themDrawbackWeakness

For 135= gold in LoL , you choose an area > place a Ward > no1 can stealthIf you destroy it , another player can place another Ward , to find out the fleeing enemyIf GW2 should copy the stealth drawback from LoL , it should be it

So Stealth in GW2 is the most noobie friendly version of all games .This is why this threads was created , to showcase the unfairness of GW2 stealth

me

me

What I said was
literally
: you're not talking about "stealth drawback" (like you constantly did before, go reread your own posts), you're talking about reveal. Reveal is already also in gw2.At which point, exactly did I change my opinion here, lmao.

Stealth reveal = stealth drawback

That's not what you were writing before.And even if -as I said- your sudden "that's not what I've meant!" approach, reveal mechanics are still available in gw2.

Stealth have a weakness , when going in an area that doesnt allow it to work , because of a WardWhich is sneaking up on ppl from stealth , to suprice themDrawbackWeakness

You have reveal mechanics in gw2 as well.

Also still go reread your previous posts lmao.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

me

me

What I said was
literally

Stealth reveal = stealth drawback

That's not what you were writing before.And even if -as I said- your sudden "that's not what I've meant!" approach, reveal mechanics are still available in gw2.

Stealth have a weakness , when going in an area that doesnt allow it to work , because of a WardWhich is sneaking up on ppl from stealth , to suprice themDrawbackWeakness

You have reveal mechanics in gw2 as well.

Also still go reread your previous posts lmao.

I didnt change my mindI said in various games there are drawbacksLoL wards doesnt allow to stealth in a areaSimpleEasy to use , persistant , aoe , denie a mechanic

You said that we should watch on mobas , rather than other silly MMOsIn mmos it breaks on getting attacked , or dot , or move slowlyin LoL the suprice factor doesnt workIf GW2 should aspire to look after no-MMo but Mobas , then LoL Ward it is