Secret Lair of the Snowmen

Calanthe.3857

@lummuss.6850 said:Of many party I participated in this raid, we failed and the boss ends up restarting. It even seems that the boss is programmed to kill all players (somehow) just to spend more time fighting against him and spending time playing. (Because if we just killed the boss on the first try it would be a fast and easy farm, right!)

I was not there so i cant tell you the true answer, however if i have to guess i think the following happened:1:your group has close to zero buffs (might, spirits, quickness, banners etc.2:no healer(s)3:players not familiar with mechanics of the fight.4:players standing in AOE lines and going down, other players trying to rez but going down aswell coz again they did also stand in AOE.5:players pulling snowballs inside the group.6:players not stacking close to boss so multiple of them died to his beam/wall attack.

If i recall right, fight already has daily rewards so you cant really farm it (not sure tho). And pre eventis way too long to make it a good farm.Fight SHOULD be a cakewalk without needing an raid squad composition, having a healer in the group makes it alot easier for sure tho.

Tried only public.

Yesterday: First my attempt ever - fail, had no idea what to do, second one was smooth, no problem at all.Today: First try fail, about half of the people used ranged attack, after fail, they quit immediately. Second time we went with 8 people, finished with 5 seconds left.

I think it's quite easy, and I'm not doing instanced content at all, only story modes dungeons solo.

Tried it 1-2 days ago for the first time. Didn't work. Time ran out. Today 2nd try. Same problem. The people seem to ignore the "Icy Protector" mobs which makes it harder. If only 1-2 people attack them we can't kill them enough (they respawn faster than killed) and the other are focusing on doing their reduced damage to Freezie.

Seems like at least using the LFG tool for a squad could work better. Going to try that next. I'd expect people not interested in strategy to not use the tool but just go in randomly with public mode.

Edit: That exactly worked. Used LFG tool and at first try it worked. And we were not even close to running out of time. ;)

I even understand that it depends a lot on a good squad, but answers me: If the option is public, how will we form a good squad?Not everyone has the commander tag to keep creating lfp squads. I don't have it myself, I'm always looking for a commander to be able to join the squad, it's very hard to find. I lose my temper and try my luck at the public squad option, but in the end it's always the same disappointment. I am elementary condition damage, I can do a good deal of damage at Freenzy, so much so that today I went once and managed to be the only one in the squad to stand (after I fell). This gives me a rage and the more it happens, the more hate I get from this festival. I can't wait to be done soon. The only luck I have is that I am a pve player and all through 2019 I was able to put together a lot of karma. Everyday I am taking the gifts in exchange for the (extreme) amounts of karma. Come soon please Lunar New Year !!!

@lummuss.6850 said:I even understand that it depends a lot on a good squad, but answers me: If the option is public, how will we form a good squad?Not everyone has the commander tag to keep creating lfp squads. I don't have it myself, I'm always looking for a commander to be able to join the squad, it's very hard to find. I lose my temper and try my luck at the public squad option, but in the end it's always the same disappointment. I am elementary condition damage, I can do a good deal of damage at Freenzy, so much so that today I went once and managed to be the only one in the squad to stand (after I fell). This gives me a rage and the more it happens, the more hate I get from this festival. I can't wait to be done soon. The only luck I have is that I am a pve player and all through 2019 I was able to put together a lot of karma. Everyday I am taking the gifts in exchange for the (extreme) amounts of karma. Come soon please Lunar New Year !!!

You don't need a a tag to creat a squad for strikes or raids, tags are only needed to create squads for more than 10 players.The disadvantage of this squads is, that you don't have the same rights as a commander would have, but at least you can create a lfg entry.

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:I've only been in 2 groups that failed once, because people didn't know the mechanics (mostly not avoiding the cracks). With a druid and healbrand as part of the group, it is pretty simple. In fact, it's getting me tempted to start learning raids with my healbrand. If the person with the beam stays near center, they can outrun it. Go clockwise and everyone else can easily avoid it as well.

You can also wait for the beam to start then dodgeroll through freezie to get behind him and then keep running left, right, left, right, left until the beam ends.

Whatever side of him you are facing he will try to turn the beam in your direction so if you keep swapping from his left to his right and back again over and over he will keep changing the direction of his beam to head towards you.Doing this gives you total control over his beam allowing you to trap it in a very small section of the arena and allowing everyone else to safely stack up behind Freezie to take advantage of his exposed flank.You don't even need to stop attacking either so you can keep up your DPS while you zig zag between each of his sides.

It's very easy to do and the only thing that can get in the way are the ice cracks but even then you can jump them so it's a really effective tactic.Easier to do too the closer you are to his back so don't stray too far.

i tried it and we killed it in first try yesterday but it was very hard. got downed 5 times or so. but then after i checked wiki for the loot table of the boss and it’s trash. how is this fight intended? just for fun or? achievement? for non raiders it takes some time and just for nothing.next time i go with my scrapper healer and would probably be easy xD. OP healer.