Do not let Bunker Firebrand go unnoticed.....we need boonstrip/counter in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Two scourges melt it too fast and blows its cooldowns fast/killing off allies while you chase them, spellbreaker can pressure it down with not too much time even while its camping protection and also pressure allies down.

Since you're likely to see two scourges right now you'd really want to duo this with another support. Theres other reasons this ones easily seen on the surface and memorable.

I dont consider it a top tier build in random teams, far from it due to teams not following a set strategy or even a team comp that would work to take mid when you get two fbs.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:With that being said a lot of top tier players are saying it is extremely strong so I wager

3 min in is decent at showing its actual healing potential...https://twitch.tv/videos/180422835the encounter after where I use skill 4 a couple times for what looks like no reason I was trying to get protection with my resistance (had to reread after match).lost some rating overall playing it not the best idea in random teams like supports always been.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:To be honest I haven't seen this build be terribly effective yet in platinum/legend q's on NA. With that being said a lot of top tier players are saying it is extremely strong so I wager it is mostly just something that requires a coordinated team to make work.

Firebrand doesn't deal well with focus fire. But if it has a team to peel for it, the support and healing over time is very strong.

@NotoriousNaru.1705 said:Lol you guys are so ignorant it blows my mind. Why would anyone stack double support? Has there ever been a case of tempests being stacked for the 2 years its been the only meta support? Support in ranked Q will always be bad because you are extremely limited in what you do. And no competent pvp team doing a ugo or a monthly at will run double support.

Wait you're meant to be pve only now ;D

I'm currently thinking something in this area to provide minor support/lots of quickness and boons to team/and able to help on spikes if needed.

magi backline healer fb (Bunker build on metawiki)

celestial secondary backlinehttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRApe3fnsADFBjNCDeDBkCjFGCbPf+PLoYVgJwX6qY1ACAA-jZACBAw+DAA

Since hes more of a buffer than a healer and uses protection on heal isntead of healing he may not be the best option but I have a feeling he will be a good one in celestial to go with a bunker fb at mid.

@Arheundel.6451 said:https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Mantra_Bunker

It's out ther, it's extremely bunkering, it's being used both in PvP and wvw , it's the main reason we need scourge and spellbreaker and if you take them out...you will see a meta with 2-3 firebrand bunker per team for the next 2-3 years

There are ways to balance scourge/Sb without making firebrand-bunker/support too strong.

As it is now, Scourge/SB are still way above FB-Bunker in strength IMHO, so bringing down SB and Scourge a bit can easily be done without a need to touch Firebrand.

IMHO, the less tanky version of the Firebrand (with sages amu instead of magi) is overall better: it's less tanky/supportive for sure, but instead of 900 precision that are basically useless, you get tons and tons of dmg. The dmg gain is way higher than the amount of healing/tankyness you loose and the build is still one of the most supportive build with pretty good survivability against both burst-dmg and pressure.

@NotoriousNaru.1705 said:Lol you guys are so ignorant it blows my mind. Why would anyone stack double support? Has there ever been a case of tempests being stacked for the 2 years its been the only meta support? Support in ranked Q will always be bad because you are extremely limited in what you do. And no competent pvp team doing a ugo or a monthly at will run double support.

You sit one on home and one on mid and win mid fight then you never lose those 2 points. It's the same thing that happened with chrono's at HoT release. Whoever won the first mid fight won the game.

Archived