Griffon Mount Cost

@Godfather.9058 said:

@Assic.2746 said:There is a reason behind putting griffon mount at the end of PoF, because you don't need this mount to finish the expansion. It's a purely optional feature.

Not living outside in the cold and eating food is a purely optional feature to real life.

Exactly. Having a shelter and food to eat are conveniences that make life better for most people. However, your comparison is flawed as people won't die from not having this mount.

Also, for basic survival, one could argue that food is a requirement. Having this mount is not a requirement for the basic features of GW2.

Or perhaps I'm missing the sarcasm in your posts?

I have a slightly different take. Trying to get the 250 gold for the griffon taught me how to make gold in gw2 at a decent rate. That skill is hands down worth more to me than the mount. It may seem like a huge cost up front, but it really is the gift at the end of a lesson.

@Haishao.6851 said:I think it was fine. 250 gold isn't expensive.Would be stupid to have pvp achievement for something that is pve only.

I'm with this, bunch of friends do not like PvP and I think a good part of this game is that except for legendaries and stuff they do not force you to do diff parts of the game you dislike, they tend to allow you to find your niche you enjoy and enjoy the game that way.I consider Gryffon enough of core play that it shouldn't require people do parts of the game they super dislike.

Doing dailies. Doing PvP. Easy to get money. I remember when I came back in June 2019 (before that I played from release until end of 2013) I only had about ... I don't know ... maybe 50 gold? I could sell some old recipes that very pretty rare which I had left from winter 2013 and was at 800 gold or so.

Now I am at 1500 almost. I don't spend a lot. Dailies give a small steady increase. But PvP the big chest in conquest season ... gives a lot. Also repeatable for a lil bit more.

And I haven't "farmed" so far - cause busy catching up with the old stuff (story, achievements) so I mainly gain no money from most of my playstyle.

One point I didn't see mentioned in this topic, but which seems to make a big difference for some people is that you don't actually need 250g all in one go. Part of the griffon collection is to buy 10 items at 25g each. So if saving up 250g seems too daunting you can just save up 25g and buy one of those items, then repeat the process until you eventually have them all. Yes it comes to the same amount in total, but I know a lot of people who have said breaking it up like that makes it easier for them.

• 2 weeks later...

The main concern I have with this is simply that I don't remember paying that much when I grinded for skyscale, which I think most would agree is a superior mount, and the cost should match the payout. Then again it was through LS4 currencies as well as some gold, so perhaps the cost works out? The means for getting those though were pretty straightforward, whereas there's less of a clear path when it comes to gold farming since there are so many sources. Perhaps then there's a point to Segrrock.8041's idea that it was a good lesson in gold farming... idk, just playing out my thoughts.