Another balance patch and another round of disapointment

Xxnecroxx.4039

no MEANINGFUL PvE buffs to help with necro, guess necros position of boon corrupt bot for all 3 modes is not gonna change anytime soonsad facehow long do you think it will be (if ever at all) until necro is COMPETETIVELY VIABLE for PVE endgame content, as in fractals/raidsand I mean viable as in, you bring them in for damage/healing and that you cant just put another class in the necros slot and probably get better results in every way

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:no MEANINGFUL PvE buffs to help with necro, guess necros position of boon corrupt bot for all 3 modes is not gonna change anytime soonsad facehow long do you think it will be (if ever at all) until necro is COMPETETIVELY VIABLE for PVE endgame content, as in fractals/raidsand I mean viable as in, you bring them in for damage/healing and that you cant just put another class in the necros slot and probably get better results in every way

You actually got your wish. Necro's boon corruption capability, where it mattered, got nerfed to the ground.

@Anchoku.8142 said:I don't know that Necro needs a buff in PvE but there are some aspects of the profession that are non-competitive or do not support team play.

Also, minions are getting an AI and skill improvement that will surely be brought to PvE.

I'm pretty sure minions will get a round of emergency nerfs after the patch hit. ANet don't touch them in sPvP yet they are amongst the few things that benefit greatly from an environment where damage and sustain is reduced. Minions aren't really entertaining, lack reactivity and don't stand out in the current meta game resulting in an unpopularity of minionmasters builds. However, with a time to kill increased, the lack of reactivity of the minion isn't much of an issue, while the untouched damage and sustain will make their efficiency shot through the roof.

NB.: I don't get where you got the AI and skill improvement info, thought. ANet touching the AI usually break it, as for skill improvement, their definition of improvement is often different from what common sense suggest.

You mean this?

Additionally we've fixed a few issues with minion responsiveness and buffed a few of the weaker minion command skills.

And in the flesh this:

Minions: Necromancer minions will now play an effect when commanded to indicate that they will be using a special skill.Cosmetic change (useless)

Rigor Mortis (Bone Fiend Command Skill): Bone Fiend will now respond immediately when commanded, interrupting its current action to perform the special attack.It's a nerf in 90% of the case because it cancel a skill with a cast time to cast a skill with a cast time which isn't worth using from the very beginning. In the worst case you'll get your minion casting for 3 second straight and miss it's target at the end of the day.

Haunt (Shadow Fiend Command Skill): Increased radius from 120 to 300.A buff on a skill that didn't need buff, great but hardly significative.

Flesh Wurm: Reduced the cooldown of this ability from 32 to 25 seconds in PvE only.Necrotic Traversal (Flesh Wurm Command Skill): Increased radius from 180 to 240It's also hardly significative in PvE.

No improvement there, just random change and cosmetic feature. But yes that's brought to PvE, for what it's worth.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:I don't know that Necro needs a buff in PvE but there are some aspects of the profession that are non-competitive or do not support team play.

Also, minions are getting an AI and skill improvement that will surely be brought to PvE.

I'm pretty sure minions will get a round of emergency nerfs after the patch hit. ANet don't touch them in sPvP yet they are amongst the few things that benefit greatly from an environment where damage and sustain is reduced. Minions aren't really entertaining, lack reactivity and don't stand out in the current meta game resulting in an unpopularity of minionmasters builds. However, with a time to kill increased, the lack of reactivity of the minion isn't much of an issue, while the untouched damage and sustain will make their efficiency shot through the roof.

I'm honestly not that sold. Everyone's crying about mimimi Condi bunker meta mimimi.But to be honest. I don't think that'll be the case.Yes, these builds get a little bit better.But nothing much will change in my opinion.And there's a lot of builds that do insane amounts of damage as burst damage (easy 30k and above in only 1 or 2 seconds)Nerfing all damage by 30% will make this burst 20k which still oneshots most builds.

And I don't think that minion builds will be viable in pvp.You need way more stunbreaks than before the patch and using minions won't help in that regard

NB.: I don't get where you got the AI and skill improvement info, thought. ANet touching the AI usually break it, as for skill improvement, their definition of improvement is often different from what common sense suggest.

@Nimon.7840 said:I'm honestly not that sold. Everyone's crying about mimimi Condi bunker meta mimimi.But to be honest. I don't think that'll be the case.Yes, these builds get a little bit better.But nothing much will change in my opinion.And there's a lot of builds that do insane amounts of damage as burst damage (easy 30k and above in only 1 or 2 seconds)Nerfing all damage by 30% will make this burst 20k which still oneshots most builds.

And I don't think that minion builds will be viable in pvp.You need way more stunbreaks than before the patch and using minions won't help in that regard

You'd be surprised.

The fact is that almost nobody is taking FitG despite it's stab and stunbreak while the stunbreak that the necromancer currently use objectively won't get much of an increase in CD. So, no, you won't take more stunbreak after the patch.

On another side, some peoples were already using minion builds to have fun/troll in unranked from time to time and the patch will significantly reduce the disadvantage of these builds. I don't think the current minion builds need much to be strong and what they get with the patch is a lot. Just blood fiend alone have the potential of making sPvP player beg for nerfs in the context of the next patch.

Not sure why you're disappointed when this patch seems to be almost exactly what they said it will be.Also it's hard to be "competetively viable" in a non-competitive mode like pve. It seems by "competetively viable pve builds" you mean the ones with absolute top dps/heal, at which point I'm not sure why you'd set this as a goal. There's no reason to care about 'absolute top dps/heal', because it's far from needed in those modes.

• Confused 1