PvP post patch (DH perspective)

mrauls.6519

• Combat is way too slow. It feels like this type of gameplay is supposed to cater to people with very slow reaction times
  • The new Deflecting Shot is terrible. Please revert the cast time. I play DH to the point where I will eventually figure out how to use it optimally, but that doesn't mean it's not bad
  • Test of Faith is tragic. Because of the Deflecting Shot nerf, it's hard to knock enemies through the ring. If I F1 pull, there's still time for the enemy to dodge roll or move sideways before Deflecting Shot connects. I think I need to run a new utility and maybe drop traps as a whole (lol)
  • I don't mind the Hunter's Determination nerf. I just won't run it from now on because it literally has a five minute base CD, lol
  • Smite Condition does terrible damage, even for the general 33% nerf standards. It was the correct decision to make it remove 3 conditions though
  • Soaring Devastation is trash. Make the 25% movement speed part permanent or make it a minor trait. Movement speed is too important to DH. Why do you think we always run a movement speed rune? It's limiting
  • Bulwark should reduce the CD of F3 or give superspeed or something worthwhile
  • Toughness needs to be looked at
  • Necromancer shroud is too easy to regenerate right now. Their sustain is out of this world
  • Scrapper has way too many tools to sustain if specced for it
  • It's hard to come back in a match if you're down 100-200 points. It's too hard to kill anything
  • This bunker meta needs to be put to death ASAP
  • Matches literally take 12-15 minutes to finish because DPS is so low

If you want damage to be low, at least remove the bunkery traits, amulets, runes, etc. It makes no sense when I can outplay someone and they can easily live because of the damage nerfs across the board. Damage is so low I see people tanking points 1v2 for ages -____-

As someone who's regularly used DH just for the fun of the kit alone since YEARS ago, this is a tragic patch.

The old DS was fine . 1) You take a risk using it from afar, so you have to be good at predicting. 2) The opponent takes a risk dashing next to you with DS up, but can predict where you'll use it, and have a window of reward for it.

If anything, it was a perfectly designed, fun and flexible skill that was one of the main reasons longbow was a thing.

there's still time for the enemy to dodge rollOh no your broken combo got counterplay. How tragic. Time to get good at the game.

Like any post of his kind it ignores the bigger picture. First: That combo deals a ton of damage relative to everything else after the patch and so needs counterplay. Second: stability (and some stunbreaks as well) was nerfed. So hard cc like pull and knockback has way less counters than before.

@KrHome.1920 said:

there's still time for the enemy to dodge rollOh no your broken combo got counterplay. How tragic. Time to get good at the game.

Like any post of his kind it ignores the bigger picture. First: That combo deals a ton of damage relative to everything else after the patch and so needs counterplay. Second: stability (and some stunbreaks as well) was nerfed. So hard cc like pull and knockback has way less counters than before.

It does not. I never was a fan of the pull to ToF concept. And DH LB media trapper played so much better using ToF for kiting and landing DS for control and damage. The pull was there to catch someone who was below 30-40% HP and exhausted most of their utilities.

ToF lost on the initial damage. Also DS went from dealing 3-4K on critic to zero (not to mention the ridiculous cast time). Why would you do all this now to just land one TS (since it is the only skill that deals damage now)? Just cast TS at 1K+ range.

DH LB is dead. It was a B-tier build before the patch, now it is an F-tier. Either play melee or join the FB army.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Yeah, F1 and LB 3, which had a ton of cast time before, should deal NO DAMAGE !

Because that's how healthy game design works! That'll show those filthy DH players!

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Yeah, F1 and LB 3, which had a ton of cast time before, should deal
NO DAMAGE
!

Because that's how healthy game design works!
That'll show those filthy DH players!

Where tf had F1 a long casttime tho

@Tharan.9085 said:

NO DAMAGE
!

Have you, like, ever actually played with/against a DH? 3/4 of a second. Plenty to avoid.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

NO DAMAGE
!

Have you, like, ever actually played with/against a DH? 3/4 of a second. Plenty to avoid.

P3/Leg DH. Just use it smart. Combo it with a teleport or stun or just count dodges, it's not hard to land.

@Tharan.9085 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:

NO DAMAGE
!

P3/Leg DH. Just use it smart. Combo it with a teleport or stun or just count dodges, it's not hard to land.

Nothing's hard to land in this game if we go by your logic. In theory, you could win any debate by announcing "just be smart" to your opposition.

But is that how we roll in this world and time?

@Eurantien.4632 said:Sucks to hear. No one should be able to outplay and still lose. This patch has drastically lowered skill ceilings and that's something I can never agree with.

Pretty much this.

All it takes for someone to fight against a top tier player this patch is to throw on the tankiest build you can run and afk on node as several people struggle to kill you.

Bunker meta killed the game the last time because of how boring it was. But what did Anet expect by nerfing the hell out of damage and making cc skills do 10 damage? Lol... hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Sucks to hear. No one should be able to outplay and still lose. This patch has drastically lowered skill ceilings and that's something I can never agree with.

Pretty much this.

All it takes for someone to fight against a top tier player this patch is to throw on the tankiest build you can run and afk on node as several people struggle to kill you.

Bunker meta killed the game the last time because of how boring it was. But what did Anet expect by nerfing the hell out of damage and making cc skills do 10 damage? Lol... hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later

I think 1v1s are now much healthier. But I think anything beyond that kinda becomes who has the better numbers. Which is firebrand. Once it's no longer a 1v1 I think who has the firebrand just wins because it has soo many instant cast aoe greatness. Mantras should have never existed... and they completely out pace everything now. With mantras you can use that utility 3x more than other people's utilities. And you just cant survive long enough to turn the tides, not can you turn the tides during the now too short casts of mantras to charge

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Pretty much this.

I think 1v1s are now much healthier. But I think anything beyond that kinda becomes who has the better numbers. Which is firebrand. Once it's no longer a 1v1 I think who has the firebrand just wins because it has soo many instant cast aoe greatness. Mantras should have never existed... and they completely out pace everything now. With mantras you can use that utility 3x more than other people's utilities. And you just cant survive long enough to turn the tides, not can you turn the tides during the now too short casts of mantras to charge

I think there are some pretty annoying 1v1 builds like bunker scrapper or core necro that can literally soak damage like a sponge. There shouldn't be a build that is so absurdly tanky that there isn't enough damage for a single person to kill.

From watching streams, against a scrapper, you have to chain cc them into a huge burst so they can't just resustain from 50% hp. Against core necros, by the time you whittle though 50k hp, their death magic gm trait procs and they're back in full shroud. The gameplay gets kind of boring when someone can eat every single attack you throw at them and they don't die. But yeah I agree with you, majority of the stuff feels better asides from a few outliers.

As i said earlier in the patch-notes thread, and elite spec should WANT its new abilities and weapons. Otherwise DH is just a DH with core guard weapon and abilities. Thats boring asf. Same goes for other classes aswell.Barely anyone used "Dragons Maw" in SPVP and with the no-CC-damage policy, ppl will stick to "renwed focus" even more. Hell, even FB use it. Plz make some diversity instead of streamlining things even more. Atm, Dragons Maw is just a bad "cc" on a 60 sec CD. (no, im not saying it should oneshot ppl :) )

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Eurantien.4632" said:Sucks to hear. No one should be able to outplay and still lose. This patch has drastically lowered skill ceilings and that's something I can never agree with.

Pretty much this.

This is how I feel. The skill ceiling dropped, and now the most casual of players can just pick a core necro or FB and tank any 1v1 against a player who's 150% as good as they are, and playing one of the "mid-tier" or lower specs/classes. Heck, they can probably tank a 1v2 with similar conditions for waaaaaay too long.

I honestly don't think the last meta was that bad. Nerf the one-shot builds, smooth out some skills, nerf firebrand and weaver's sustain - and we'd be Gucci.