How to defeat a guardian

Thenme.6491

I see that many people here cry about guardians being over powered.I know most of you rely on specific builds.I think it is time to learn how to strategize, which is what you do before battle

BoonsNow we know guardians are very powerful because they use boons.Boons are effect that enhance a character's capabilities, such as health regeneration, more armor, more power, etc.If you remove guardian's boons he will become more vulnerable.

Many professions have skills that are used to remove boons: Mind Spike — Sword (chained from Mind Slash), one from up to three foes Mind Stab — Greatsword, one from up to five foes Spinal Shivers — Focus, three from target foe Banish Enchantment — three from all foes that are hit Break Enchantments — two from up to five foes Throw Mine — one from foes that are hit Null Field — one per pulse from each foe in the area Phantasmal Disenchanter — five from foes hit "Nothing Can Save You!" — two from up to five foes Breaching Strike — two from target foe True Nature — two from up to five foes Mine Field — removes one boon for each mine Winds of Disenchantment — one boon lost per second, over 10 secondsLarcenous Strike — Sword with offhand Dagger, two from target foe to selfArcane Thievery; Send three conditions you have to your foe and steal three of their boons.(and many more necro skills that transfer boons to conditions)when you see that a guardian have many boons you should use them.There are also traits that remove boonsSpellbreaker   Dispelling Force — Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.  Enchantment Collapse — Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons.  Corruption   Opportune Extraction — Steal a boon when you inflict torment on a foe affected by at least the threshold stacks of torment. Each foe can only be affected once per interval.  Spontaneous Destruction — Use Lesser Banish Enchantment when striking a foe that has at least as many boons as the threshold.  Domination   Shattered Concentration — Shatter skills also remove a boon on hit.Traits that add benefit to boon removal or corruption  Spellbreaker   Loss Aversion — Removing boons from a foe deals damage and gives you adrenaline.  Attacker's Insight — Gain Insight when disabling foes or removing boons. Full Counter refreshes all burst skills on hit.  Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.  Enchantment Collapse — Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons.  Scourge   Nourishing Ashes — Gain life force when you inflict burning, and remove or corrupt a boon.  Feed from Corruption — When you remove or corrupt a boon from an enemy, gain that boon. Shadow Arts   Rending Shade — Steal boons from enemies you strike with stealth attacks. Striking a boonless foe with a stealth attack inflicts fear on nearby foes.  Trickery   Bountiful Theft — Stealing grants you and all nearby allies vigor. You rip boons from your target and grant them to nearby allies.~~But I can't switch build mid battle~~Well that is true but you can switch build at the 60 minutes before round begins, you should use that time. it is not a lot but if you prepared a build template then you can switch between two builds quite fast. use that time and use that feature to win battles.~~What about the shields~~Well here you just need to look at animations and act accordingly. if the guardian uses a shield go around him. inside a shield bubble? go inside or outside accordingly.I hope this helps

@"Thenme.6491" said:I see that many people here cry about guardians being over powered.I know most of you rely on specific builds.I think it is time to learn how to strategize, which is what you do before battle

BoonsNow we know guardians are very powerful because they use boons.Boons are effect that enhance a character's capabilities, such as health regeneration, more armor, more power, etc.If you remove guardian's boons he will become more vulnerable.

Many professions have skills that are used to remove boons: Mind Spike — Sword (chained from Mind Slash), one from up to three foes Mind Stab — Greatsword, one from up to five foes Spinal Shivers — Focus, three from target foe Banish Enchantment — three from all foes that are hit Break Enchantments — two from up to five foes Throw Mine — one from foes that are hit Null Field — one per pulse from each foe in the area Phantasmal Disenchanter — five from foes hit "Nothing Can Save You!" — two from up to five foes Natural Healing — seven from self Breaching Strike — two from target foe True Nature — two from up to five foes Mine Field — removes one boon for each mine Winds of Disenchantment — one boon lost per second, over 10 secondsLarcenous Strike — Sword with offhand Dagger, two from target foe to selfArcane Thievery; Send three conditions you have to your foe and steal three of their boons.(and many more necro skills that transfer boons to conditions)when you see that a guardian have many boons you should use them.There are also traits that remove boonsSpellbreaker   Dispelling Force — Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.  Enchantment Collapse — Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons.  Corruption   Opportune Extraction — Steal a boon when you inflict torment on a foe affected by at least the threshold stacks of torment. Each foe can only be affected once per interval.  Spontaneous Destruction — Use Lesser Banish Enchantment when striking a foe that has at least as many boons as the threshold.  Domination   Shattered Concentration — Shatter skills also remove a boon on hit.Traits that add benefit to boon removal or corruption  Spellbreaker   Loss Aversion — Removing boons from a foe deals damage and gives you adrenaline.  Attacker's Insight — Gain Insight when disabling foes or removing boons. Full Counter refreshes all burst skills on hit.  Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.  Enchantment Collapse — Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons.  Scourge   Nourishing Ashes — Gain life force when you inflict burning, and remove or corrupt a boon.  Feed from Corruption — When you remove or corrupt a boon from an enemy, gain that boon. Shadow Arts   Rending Shade — Steal boons from enemies you strike with stealth attacks. Striking a boonless foe with a stealth attack inflicts fear on nearby foes.  Trickery   Bountiful Theft — Stealing grants you and all nearby allies vigor. You rip boons from your target and grant them to nearby allies.~~But I can't switch build mid battle~~Well that is true but you can switch build at the 60 minutes before round begins, you should use that time. it is not a lot but if you prepared a build template then you can switch between two builds quite fast. use that time and use that feature to win battles.~~What about the shields~~Well here you just need to look at animations and act accordingly. if the guardian uses a shield go around him. inside a shield bubble? go inside or outside accordingly.I hope this helps

Mind Stab — Greatsword, one from up to five foes -> no longer removes boons.now gs4 does it but it misses half the time or gets blocked.Mind Spike — Sword (chained from Mind Slash), one from up to three foes -> by the time you use 3rd sword auto against guard you will die.The only classes that can remove boons reliably and without bullshit imposible to do things is warrior with dagger F1 and CC. And necro with corrupt, corrupt well focus 3.Most other things are not very effective.

@Thenme.6491 said:I see that many people here cry about guardians being over powered.I know most of you rely on specific builds.I think it is time to learn how to strategize, which is what you do before battleBlablabla bla

Thank you Senpaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii for the lesson :3 (as a Fb will just stay there and let you do what you want or i'll make a specific build just to counter a single Fb knowing that 4 others guys will REKT me in the way while i'm trying to..... remove some boons from a boon's machine)

From a PVE Guardian main :)

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Thenme.6491 said:I see that many people here cry about guardians being over powered.I know most of you rely on specific builds.I think it is time to learn how to strategize, which is what you do before battleBlablabla bla

Thank you Senpaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii for the lesson :3 (as a Fb will just stay there and let you do what you want or i'll make a specific build just to counter a single Fb knowing that 4 others guys will REKT me in the way while i'm trying to..... remove some boons from a boon's machine)

From a PVE Guardian main :)

in basketball there is offense and defense, every player has weaknesses and powers, that is why on defense each player is assigned to focus on a specific other player. if you have a good team synergy, each player should be able to counter a specific enemy, though I was mostly focusing on ranked which is 2 v 2, where guardians are giving people troubles.

@Wayne.6253 said:so you are saying that to defeat a guadian i must change my profession? ROLF, nice solution...

If both of you are rangers than yah one of you should change a profession, every other profession has boon removal.it's a rock paper scissors game, if someone always use rock, you should not pick scissors. you can go back to scissors next round and the enemy might pick paper.