Hunters call

Dajas.4715

I was having a discussion in sic em thread saying that the biggest hitting skill on soulbeast was hunters call.It does 25k plus on a bunker build and I got 42k aoe damage in this video.

Pre patch I don't want to even imagen what it was. Just make sure they don't have retal, I've lost over 10k off my own health bar in duel lol.(and yes I know I missed the heal for the extra 5 might) :)

Before hand, you can still swap out off combat, but you don't need plasma to get the 25 might, its just the I forgot to use heal. But that's just cos I was going for maximum damage. And what is bs., its black and white in the vid? Add the combat log up its just over 42k.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:You're using Mad King Runes. Hunter's Call is single target and always has been.

I don't know who you're trying to fool here.

That very true, I'm not Tring to fool anyone, but mad King runes act as an aoe hunters call. That's not the point, the point is thiscombination is just plain stupid, no other class can abuse those runes like a soulbeast. It's essentially a multiplying elite with one weapon skill abused with mad King runes.

@Dajas.4715 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:You're using
is single target and always has been.

I don't know who you're trying to fool here.

That very true, I'm not Tring to fool anyone, but mad King runes act as an aoe hunters call. That's not the point, the point is thiscombination is just plain stupid, no other class can abuse those runes like a soulbeast. It's essentially a multiplying elite with one weapon skill abused with mad King runes.

One Wolf Pack has an internal cooldown on the damage portion of the ability. No matter how fast you attack or how many targets you hit, One Wolf Pack cannot trigger more than one strike every 1/4 seconds.

So hunters call does 16 hits. One wolf pack can add another 16 hits to a single target. Mad king runes hits 3 targets × 16 hits = 48 hits.

In total that is 80 hits.

Retal does 243 damage per hit on a 2200 power build.

Someone throws up retal and you could be taking up to around 19,440 points of damage. Aight dudes. Enjoy that.

Er I said retel is a big counter, never in all the time I've played it have I had 20k taken from me though 10k yes, but that's when I started playing the class and I wasn't paying attention, I'm guessing protection comes into play which ranger has abundance off.I wouldn't recommend this build for conquest obviously, its more off a wvw or dueling build.

@Dajas.4715 said:Er I said retel is a big counter, never in all the time I've played it have I had 20k taken from me though 10k yes, but that's when I started playing the class and I wasn't paying attention, I'm guessing protection comes into play which ranger has abundance off.I wouldn't recommend this build for conquest obviously, its more off a wvw or dueling build.

No it doesn't. But people dodging or blocking the hits stops you from taking retal.

@Eurantien.4632 said:So hunters call does 16 hits. One wolf pack can add another 16 hits to a single target. Mad king runes hits 3 targets × 16 hits = 48 hits.

Someone throws up retal and you could be taking up to around 19,440 points of damage. Aight dudes. Enjoy that.

soulbeast can take 20k and live.nobody can take 45K and live ( exept necro ):D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:So hunters call does 16 hits. One wolf pack can add another 16 hits to a single target. Mad king runes hits 3 targets × 16 hits = 48 hits.

soulbeast can take 20k and live.nobody can take 45K and live ( exept necro ):D

Nobody is taking 45k from this individually...?

What are you trying to argue? Does this or does this not do over 40k?Every skill in this game can be avoided so what's you point and like any skill with baiting or just a prolonged fight it will land. I'm guessing you have played warhorn, unless you play blindfolded it's not that hard to land the skill.

@Dajas.4715 said:What are you trying to argue? Does this or does this not do over 40k?Every skill in this game can be avoided so what's you point and like any skill with baiting or just a prolonged fight it will land. I'm guessing you have played warhorn, unless you play blindfolded it's not that hard to land the skill.

I'm just spreading information and combatting disinformation. Ranger Warhorn 4 is not responsible for this dmg. It not doing the dmg you say it is. This is a combo of Warhorn 4, madking runes, one wolf pack, and your condition that hunters call of mad king runes is hunters call in combat log too. But in reality this Is just a combo and saying it Is the hardest hitting combo is wrong.

An elite and one skill is not a combo or at least a worthy one.... The elite is an active passive utility and the runes are, well as you know also passive and like I said before the 6th rune acts like hunters call, it does the same damage and the same amount off hits, I'm guessing when the runes were developed anet took the skills coding strait from hunters call, that is a guess but that's probably why the combat log says hunters call.

I bored off talking to you now cos it's just a broken record.

I have said this is 2xhunters calls (one with the 6th rune bonus) and the elite.... Regardless what you think the whole post was to show just how retarded the damage is. That's fine if you think 40k damage is OK, luckily for us you're not a developer.