[Vid] Power Mirage PvP - A Cry For Love

hi new vid up, pls notice the vid desription and the pinned comment under the vid (very important this time, because i added the explanations and tips with timestamps in my pinned youtube comment under the vid this time and not directly in the vid itself as usual, for the 30 minutes of silence purpose). i hope few of you can enjoy the last 2 dodge footage (if anet doesnt start thinking)! o/

feedback/ comments here and on youtube just as likes/ thumbs ups and subs to support my channel are as always very appreciated!

@apharma.3741 said:Thanks for the video, easy first.

Edit: Wait are you in [sM]?

u too fast fur mee :) my main acc was in sM a while back when seven was still playing (he just came back btw yay \o/) i would need to check if my acc still is in sM, actually dunno, i never was rly active in that guild. but curious why you ask, i never represented the guild ever (also not in the vid)

@Tayga.3192 said:Nice vid as always. Liked the BGM choices.

I still miss my power chrono :(

me too, feel ya! and thx for the feedback, im happy you like the vid and music! :)

@"Jazz.4639" said:

u too fast fur mee :) my main acc was in sM a while back when seven was still playing (he just came back btw yay \o/) i would need to check if my acc still is in sM, actually dunno, i never was rly active in that guild. but curious why you ask, i never represented the guild ever (also not in the vid)

me too, feel ya! and thx for the feedback, im happy you like the vid and music! :)

I asked because I saw a lot of promotion for [sM] in the description :tongue: and I'm wondering if you were the one I fought a long time ago when Seven still played.

Also yes I was in Seven's discord till recently, actually was the one who told sbobby about the big patch coming.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

I asked because I saw a lot of promotion for [sM] in the description :tongue: and I'm wondering if you were the one I fought a long time ago when Seven still played.

Also yes I was in Seven's discord till recently, actually was the one who told sbobby about the big patch coming.

i cant remember fighting an acc with your name (you do not remember if the acc you fough was called jazz?) but that doesnt mean anything i am bad with names and when you say it is long ago i forgot even more likely ;) but if the one you fought was representing sM then it was not me bc i never used that tag.

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

i cant remember fighting an acc with your name (you do not remember if the acc you fough was called jazz?) but that doesnt mean anything i am bad with names and when you say it is long ago i forgot even more likely ;) but if the one you fought was representing sM then it was not me bc i never used that tag.

Yeah I figured, I just find it weird that I've never fought you in WvW, I would remember someone running power block, weird builds or being skilled and in your case all 3 :joy:

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

Yeah I figured, I just find it weird that I've never fought you in WvW, I would remember someone running power block, weird builds or being skilled and in your case all 3 :joy:

haha :joy:but that can be bc im barely in wvw, i only go into wvw when i want to make a vid, so i play only for 1-2 days and get my footage in few hours (depending how fast i find ppl who are not in a big group ofc). you lit have to camp all wvw server 24/7 for a tiny chance to meet me in wvw. but i think i saw other mesmers with pb running around there.

30 mins :astonished:
I mean, i appreciate your effort to give ppl, who have to stay home because of quarantine something to watch, but it might make more sense to do 2 or 3 shorter videos with the footage, no matter how much it worth watching skillwise.

Your power interrupt build is one of the very few in this game i rly have respect for and it is indeed sad to see it getting dumbed down and butchered at same time from a change that doesn't make sense at all because it doesn't solve the issues of the problematic playstyle of condi/hybrid Mirage. While there are a lot of better ways available to solve these issues without killing skill ceiling, tactical deepness and mechanical complexity from the whole spec and nerf not op builds as a spin-off unnecessary hard.

@"Tayga.3192" said:I still miss my power chrono :(

You guys already crying about Chrono has no instant shatter and no f4, but you should get rdy, the bronze propaganda has already a new agenda! The new placard slogan is: "being able to attack while invuln is per se and always broken", no matter of the class environment, no matter of different class mechanics and strengths, no matter that classes which have an invuln without skill lock out are since game release desinged around that feature by having implemented weaknesses at other places and no matter how different in reward (other invuln skills with skill lock out have very strong addition rewards like stunbreaks or full reset of the whole class mechanic or additional skills like aoe stealth) and differences in accessibility (no additional attunement swap cd, no clone requirement). Also no matter that the ability to attack while nearly untouchable (like attacking while dodging) is not that far away in its strength from a complete invuln (without the additional trade off to prevent point capture) and this does not get reduced on other classes.Means get rdy for your f4 on ALL mesmer specs (future ones included) will be next target to get a skill lock out for the invuln duration. And if not this will always be an argument to justify any other nerf to Mesmer because it will be the only class having this ability left. Means if Anet will not follow the bronze propaganda this time (what is unlikely looking at mesmer balance from the last year or more) the next placard slogan in this forum is already predictable: "Don't cry about any nerfs mesmer mains, you are able to attack while invuln, you are broken by design". How do you guys value this new feature in terms of its lvl of nonsenseness and lvl of contradiction of the class mechanic compared to the nonsense one dodge change? xD

@bravan.3876 said:

@"Tayga.3192" said:I still miss my power chrono :(

You guys already crying about Chrono has no instant shatter and no f4, but you should get rdy, the bronze propaganda has already a new agenda! The new placard slogan is: "being able to attack while invuln is per se and always broken", no matter of the class environment, no matter of different class mechanics and strengths, no matter that classes which have an invuln without skill lock out are since game release desinged around that feature by having implemented weaknesses at other places and no matter how different in reward (other invuln skills with skill lock out have very strong addition rewards like stunbreaks or full reset of the whole class mechanic or additional skills like aoe stealth) and differences in accessibility (no additional attunement swap cd, no clone requirement). Also no matter that the ability to attack while nearly untouchable (like attacking while dodging) is not that far away in its strength from a complete invuln (without the additional trade off to prevent point capture) and this does not get reduced on other classes.Means get rdy for your f4 on ALL mesmer specs (future ones included) will be next target to get a skill lock out for the invuln duration. And if not this will always be an argument to justify any other nerf to Mesmer because it will be the only class having this ability left. Means if Anet will not follow the bronze propaganda this time (what is unlikely looking at mesmer balance from the last year or more) the next placard slogan in this forum is already predictable: "Don't cry about any nerfs mesmer mains, you are able to attack while invuln, you are broken by design". How do you guys value this new feature in terms of its lvl of nonsenseness and lvl of contradiction of the class mechanic compared to the nonsense one dodge change? xD

Distortion's tooltip says "you are immune to conditions and damage" but it also gives immunity to cc for some reason lolBut yes, I also think people will probably cry about distortion next.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:I still miss my power chrono :(

Distortion's tooltip says "you are immune to conditions and damage" but it also gives immunity to cc for some reason lolBut yes, I also think people will probably cry about distortion next.

I would say, now you gave them another point they can jump on and a compromise option for Anet to avoid further bronze propaganda pressure to add a complete skill lock out. Decide yourself if that is good or bad for you xD

@bravan.3876 said:

@"Tayga.3192" said:Distortion's tooltip says "you are immune to conditions and damage" but it also gives immunity to cc for some reason lolBut yes, I also think people will probably cry about distortion next.I would say, now you gave them another point they can jump on and a compromise option for Anet to avoid further bronze propaganda pressure to add a complete skill lock out. Decide yourself if that is good or bad for you xD

Well I guess technically it doesn't "break stun".Also this would be a very good opportunity if things get out of hand with 1000 threads: Anet could just fix the tooltip and state that "distortion is fine" :P

PS: Distortion share on inspiration (0 damage traitline btw) was nerfed because pve people said "distort sharing can be used for skipping boss mechanics".

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:Distortion's tooltip says "you are immune to conditions and damage" but it also gives immunity to cc for some reason lolBut yes, I also think people will probably cry about distortion next.I would say, now you gave them another point they can jump on and a compromise option for Anet to avoid further bronze propaganda pressure to add a complete skill lock out. Decide yourself if that is good or bad for you xD

Well I guess technically it doesn't "break stun".Also this would be a very good opportunity if things get out of hand with 1000 threads: Anet could just fix the tooltip and state that "distortion is fine" :P

PS: Distortion share on inspiration (0 damage traitline btw) was nerfed because pve people said "distort sharing can be used for skipping boss mechanics".

tbh you are not immune to condis during disort, if you are immobed and do F4 you are still immobed and cant move.if you attack into retal during F4 you still take dmg so you arent really immune to DMG, you still take fall dmg too.Just a tooltip that wants to make it sound cooler then it needs to be :D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:tbh you are not immune to condis during disort, if you are immobed and do F4 you are still immobed and cant move.if you attack into retal during F4 you still take dmg so you arent really immune to DMG, you still take fall dmg too.Just a tooltip that wants to make it sound cooler then it needs to be :D

First time hearing this, lol, so I get damaged when I distort into scepter 3?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:Distortion's tooltip says "you are immune to conditions and damage" but it also gives immunity to cc for some reason lolBut yes, I also think people will probably cry about distortion next.I would say, now you gave them another point they can jump on and a compromise option for Anet to avoid further bronze propaganda pressure to add a complete skill lock out. Decide yourself if that is good or bad for you xD

tbh you are not immune to condis during disort, if you are immobed and do F4 you are still immobed and cant move.if you attack into retal during F4 you still take dmg so you arent really immune to DMG, you still take fall dmg too.Just a tooltip that wants to make it sound cooler then it needs to be :D

Really? I never noticed retal dmg during distortion but that maybe is because on Condimirage you do not hit that often as with gs autoattack/ ambush and blurred. But that invuln doesn't remove immob that was applied before the invuln started is common for all invuln skills. Same for fall dmg if i am not mistaken.

@Tayga.3192 said:

No distortion doesn't break stun, neither did Obsidian on Ele.

@PLS.4095 said:Mirage need more nerf

Look, that is nice, bronze propaganda arrived, did i call the name 3 times already? Another detailed, well though out/ elaborated analysis based on facts, knowledge and logic, with tons of good arguments, avoiding meanignless claims without any prove and take the discussion on the next lvl with its constructivity. Your effort is appreciated! I don't even ask for some footage about how you get carried by a powermirage vs decent ppl because what you said is a prove in itself! xD

@bravan.3876 said:

Look, that is nice, bronze propaganda arrived, did i call the name 3 times already? Another detailed, well though out/ elaborated analysis based on facts, knowledge and logic, with tons of good arguments, avoiding meanignless claims without any prove and take the discussion on the next lvl with its constructivity. Your effort is appreciated! I don't even ask for some footage about how you get carried by a powermirage vs decent ppl because what you said is a prove in itself! xD

its how it worksrabble complains for nerfs. nerfs happen.becouse rabble was listened to it whines more, in bigger numbers, nerf happens.rabble increases in size, rabble rabble rabble, nerf nerf nerf, anet bends and does as rabble saysand now everyone and their mother goes on forum and just complains without having a bloody clue what they are even whining about.just like that RANGER IS DEEEEAAAD post.or GUARD IS SO GUTTED POOOST my poor guard nerfed by 20% when almost everyone else eats 30%+ nerfs.or all the necros whining WE NEED STAB WEEEEE, we get CC chained for 30s WEEEE. you lads get to live 30s while fekin stunned, thats the problem!rabble rabble rabble, whats nerfed next?

@"bravan.3876" said:30 mins :astonished:

I mean, i appreciate your effort to give ppl, who have to stay home because of quarantine something to watch, but it might make more sense to do 2 or 3 shorter videos with the footage, no matter how much it worth watching skillwise.ye i know, but i prefer to make thematic vids with a related music playlist and sometimes it gets a bit longer. like this time it would not make sense to make 3 "last 2 dodge" footage vids with sad music and the intro message. and i wanted to use all the songs because they would not fit (too calm/slow) in a normal montage. if ppl are interested to watch all footage, then they dont need to watch in one step. no need for me to limit them. they can ration it themself or dont watch, up to them. but still i always try to reach around 15 min vid and will try it the next times too, just cannot promis anything ;)

it is indeed sad to see it getting dumbed down and butchered at same time from a change that doesn't make sense at all because it doesn't solve the issues of the problematic playstyle of condi/hybrid Mirage. While there are a lot of better ways available to solve these issues without killing skill ceiling, tactical deepness and mechanical complexity from the whole spec and nerf not op builds as a spin-off unnecessary hard.this^

How do you guys value this new feature in terms of its lvl of nonsenseness and lvl of contradiction of the class mechanic compared to the nonsense one dodge change? xD

everytime you get distortion you also get mirage cloak, just that the ambush window is already closed when you are able to use your skills again, enjoy mirage! that sounds pretty near to: lets make a spec based around dodges and then make it unable to dodge. sooooooooooooo i would say it is around the same? :joy:after they deleted ip and f4 on chrono and one dodge from mirage i lost a lot of trust in the balance tbh, so i would not even be surprised this becomes true but that probs will be the time i quit. it will not feel like playing a mesmer anymore (just as chrono is not a mesmer for me anymore), when all fun and gameplay flow and class identity is destroyed, there is no reason to stay for me. as said, i dont care about playing something that is weaker than everything else, where i have to play waay better and outplay way harder than usually to win anything, so i never complained about any nerfs before. but the moment i cant even play skilled anymore because all my options for strategic/ tactical outplays are deleted or too hard limited that i am forced into using lame stuff, then i have nothing to enjoy anymore as a challenge player.

@"Tayga.3192" said:Distortion's tooltip says "you are immune to conditions and damage" but it also gives immunity to cc for some reason lol

deleting immunity to cc is better than the absurd idea of not being able to use skills when in f4 but still... facepalm

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Yes!Mirage can still attack?! What's this insanity? Seriously ANet put your kitten together and do something about this, players are already leaving the game thanks to this gamebreaking kitten!

lool ye everytime i equip a weapon on my mesmer i already feel guilty tbh

@"Jazz.4639" said:

Yes!Mirage can still attack?! What's this insanity? Seriously ANet put your kitten together and do something about this, players are already leaving the game thanks to this gamebreaking kitten!

Clearly cheating using weapons and skills, consider yourself reported :tongue:

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

Clearly cheating using weapons and skills, consider yourself reported :tongue:

:joy:you will laugh, happened more than one time already. the mesmer hate in this game can be ridiculous and ppl who never touched powermirage are always the first telling you that all is still fine after nerfs or even more that you are still carried by totally op class, no matter what build you even play. -.-

Revert Evasion nerf.Revert Illusionary Ambush.Revert Jaunts.Revert Blinding Dissipation along with all the other shatter changes.Leave it to settle; then MAYBE Revert Vigor access on dueling and Nomad's endurance if still under performing.

Nerf Scepter, and Staff clone ambushes to apply utility condis in PvP only:Scepter - Slow and VulnerabilityStaff - Cripple, Vuln, and weakness.

This along with the shatter change bringing the damage back to shatters, and having Axe as a melee offensive option.

Boom I just made Power mirage viable yet balanced with the stat nerfs, and fixed condi's oppression.Currently power mirage is the equivalent of being on a ventilator with corona. Hurry up and fix your game a-net.Bads will forever cry mes OP that isn't an excuse to make it awful.

@Daishi.6027 said:Revert Evasion nerf.Revert Illusionary Ambush.Revert Jaunts.Revert Blinding Dissipation along with all the other shatter changes.Leave it to settle; then MAYBE Revert Vigor access on dueling and Nomad's endurance if still under performing.

Nerf Scepter, and Staff clone ambushes to apply utility condis in PvP only:Scepter - Slow and VulnerabilityStaff - Cripple, Vuln, and weakness.

This along with the shatter change bringing the damage back to shatters, and having Axe as a melee offensive option.

Boom I just made Power mirage viable yet balanced with the stat nerfs, and fixed condi's oppression.Currently power mirage is the equivalent of being on a ventilator with corona. Hurry up and fix your game a-net.Bads will forever cry mes OP that isn't an excuse to make it awful.

I am rly not a Mesmer hater and known for heavily judging the nonsense one dodge change but this sounds like a bit too much to ask for as buffs.

Lets assume that Anet will deal with the too high sustain and boonspam we still have in the game in the next balance patches properly, then i think that giving Mirage 2 dodges back might even lead into some nerf needs even for Powermirage, that it will not be op compared to everything else. For example the dmg on the Mesmers own gs ambush (not the clones in this case) is still very high, after shatter and gs2 dmg nerfs almost the highest dmg skill a Powermirage has (regardless of IH used or not). Ofc that is still better than the situation on Condimirage because it is at least the Mesmers own ambush and not op clones that kill a target while the Mesmer can be afk on a safe spot but still you will agree that gs ambush spam is not a playstyle you will reward too much because it has also a low skill ceiling when it is enough to make high pressure from max range by only spamming gs phantasm and gs ambushes. It should be worth dodging offensive for but it should not be too strong that it is almost all a Mirage needs to do. Agree?

Blinding Dissipation should stay as it is too. The blindspam on all shatters was unhealthy and low skill ceiling. Illusionary Amshush (if not the whole toxic low skill ceiling retargeting mechanic) should be deleted and for sure not buffed. I don't think this mechanic is needed at all to define Mirage as a spec with a different playstyle and when Anet looks for nerfs to toxic and low skill cieling stuff the retargeting should be the first they should delete in my view. When looking at the skill rewards compared to other utilities for example Decoy, IA is also way stronger. If Anet will not delete it, i would at least go for a 50+cd on IA. It is an evade+max range port+high dmg (from ambushes even without IH traited)+retargeting with random position change no one can work with in a tactical mindgame way, random stuff is always bad for skillful encounters and that even for the Mesmer itself. IA is nothing more than a spammable low skill ceiling high reward skill should completely be deleted or at least nerfed in cd even more. Also it provides the previously named gs ambush spam playstyle we don't want to be overly rewarding.

Powermirage (at least on some builds) is a high skill ceiling spec because it still needs to hit gs-shatter combos and needs to use ambushes from itself but also from clones in an active, tactical and often differently timed from pure defensive dodges way. That simple gs ambushes spam from max range is NOT enough impact. IA is contrary to that. In no case it deserves any buff. That was one reason i don't like the one dodge change, because it forces Mirages more into toxic and low skill ceiling skills and traits, while making active offensive dodges to hit gs and sword clone ambushes well timed for the purpose of getting the clone ambush reward (like a daze interrupt from a sword clone and active weakness application at specific times to counter dmg from the opponent when pressured or an offensive dodge on gs to apply vuln and get might to prepare a gs2 shatter burst) impossible.

The other stuff you listed i don't mind and can be considered IN CASE Powermirage would still be too weak with 2 dodges and balanced ambushes on all weapons (means for Condiweapons a rework away from pure dmg to more effect and utility focused ambushes, just as you said, and a decent dmg reduction and a little might/vuln stack reduction on gs ambush from the Mesmer itself, but not too big nerf, the rewards from gs ambush should not get too weak to not become a little passive side effect doesn't worth active offensive dodging for. The might/vuln stacks to prepare a burst should be high enough to be relevant for offensive dodges, means reduce the direct dmg on gs ambush more than the might/vuln stacks). Just my 2 cents.

I forgot they ofc also should rework normal clone autoattacks to have around zero condi dmg just like it is for power dmg. Some of the reduced condi dmg from clones normal autoattacks and clone ambushes should be given back into shatters (what you said too).

@bravan.3876 said:

with 2 dodges and balanced ambushes on all weapons (means for Condiweapons a rework away from pure dmg to more effect and utility focused ambushes, just as you said, and a decent dmg reduction and a little might/vuln stack reduction on gs ambush from the Mesmer itself, but not too big nerf, the rewards from gs ambush should not get too weak to not become a little passive side effect doesn't worth active offensive dodging for. The might/vuln stacks to prepare a burst should be high enough to be relevant for offensive dodges, means reduce the direct dmg on gs ambush more than the might/vuln stacks). Just my 2 cents.

I forgot they ofc also should rework normal clone autoattacks to have around zero condi dmg just like it is for power dmg. Some of the reduced condi dmg from clones normal autoattacks and clone ambushes should be given back into shatters (what you said too).

good summary, a lot of these points were made long before that patch already, that this would be the way to go is also so obvious that i dunno what to say anymore. the mesmer balance (looking at chrono too) is just absurd since a while back now... ¯(ツ)/¯ the current condi mirage build doesnt even use ih anymore and use weapons with barely any condi dmg on the mirages ambushes, so there would not even be a big problem to just delete condidmg from condi ambushes and give something else instead, that can be used active and gives options for skilled outplays and combos with ambushes and ih, combos including shatters again, instead only dodgesspam for passive clone dmg. the condi dmg you get out of mirage traitline would still be just as low as it is now, low enough to pressure cmirages out of chaos into dmg traitlines and for that reduce their sustain remarkable they had aside from (endurance-) dodges. but better make a change affects all mirage playstyles and kills few of them never were op even before patch already and obviously decrease skillneed of the mirage traitline as a whole.

@Daishi.6027 said:Bads will forever cry mes OP that isn't an excuse to make it awful.lol yes at least as long as we can pop a single clone and will confuse ppl without even using stealth as long they will hate :joy: maybe next balance step from anet will be that mirage cloak will now disable any clone generation. enjoy mirage with ih and the 4 not totally useless weaponskills on each weaponset (we ofc do not rework for that purpose bc effort)! nothing would surprise me at this point anymore when it comes to mesmer balance.