Legendary Light Armor options

It's maybe a little late, but I'm still unhappy with my legendary light armor set I made on day one of its release. Can you release an alternative set of legendary light armor skins so I can have the option of something else. My biggest critique is that it really looks a lot more like heavy armor. The pants is a stiff skirt, metal plate on the chest that makes me character's chest protrude outward, and the boots are definitely big bulky heavy armor boots. The gloves also look like plate armor and is bulky and stiff. And to be honest, the shoulders and the helm seem like a lazy effort. I appreciate the work that went into it, but it seems clear to me that most of the talent went into designing the actual Legendary Heavy armor set, and less talent was put into making the light armor set. I don't know how others feel about the medium set, but I'm also not a fan of the aesthetics of that set.

Rational Idea: I'm not asking for the current designs to be scrapped. I'm sure there are few people that like it. I am asking for the option of another set of skins. Say a vendor that sells the new set pieces at the cost of each current piece. A 1:1 exchange.

Radical Idea: Create Tier 4 cultural armor that is the alternative legendary armor set. Complete with moving parts and transformations, etc. And you can only get tier 4 cultural armor by having legendary armor and by trading in each piece for it. I got some ideas on how the sylvari version should look if you're curious.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Are you suggesting you purchased legendary light armor for the prestige instead of the stat swap but don't like how it looks?

Then the suggestion of a cultural legendary armor is mentioned, which is preposterous when a legendary armory has been already previewed. Unless someone is playing all human race characters (the most likely scenario) it would be even more niche.

There's PvP/WvW legendary armor but the ascended version carries the same skin.

P.S. How do you expect Arenanet to ROI on such a suggestion? Legendary armor is such a niche, so limiting it to a race is even more niche. There's a reason why so much development effort as far as character artwork is spent on mount skins (really high priced IMO if you want for warclaw), gliders, capes, and race-agnostic outfits (which don't have to contend with clipping between armor sets).

@Dawdler.8521 said:... this is why we have a wardrobe and can change gear looks.

I dont get it.

I didnt get it, either. But upon reading what OP recommends, it is ANOTHER exclusive, brand new skin set available to those who made the pve leggy set. They should be able to do the exchange for free, too! And (WHY NOT? LETS GET CRAZEY!) it should be somehow... Cultural. So you made leggy Light armor, the skins are available to all Light armored characters (race is completely irrelevant, but hey, a man can dream of having free shinies, cant they?). So, which Cultural armor will you unlock? HUMAN/ASURA/NORN/SYLVARI/CHARR? Or all of them? Complete with transformations etc?

If i misunderstood something, please forgive me. Not everyone is as smart as OP.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:... this is why we have a wardrobe and can change gear looks.

I dont get it.

I didnt get it, either. But upon reading what OP recommends, it is ANOTHER exclusive, brand new skin set available to those who made the pve leggy set. They should be able to do the exchange for free, too! And (WHY NOT? LETS GET CRAZEY!) it should be somehow... Cultural. So you made leggy Light armor, the skins are available to all Light armored characters (race is completely irrelevant, but hey, a man can dream of having free shinies, cant they?). So, which Cultural armor will you unlock? HUMAN/ASURA/NORN/SYLVARI/CHARR? Or all of them? Complete with transformations etc?

If i misunderstood something, please forgive me. Not everyone is as smart as OP.

i get you're being sarcastic, but yes.

So all in all , 0% chance of happening. Per gw2efficiency envoy armor has a 4% uptake, and then on top of that you want a race-based requirement. Unless it is a gemstore item or require around 125-250 gold per piece to encourage the conversion of gems to gold it will have zero or near zero ROI for the dev hours.What has a 100% chance of happening is more gemstore outfits, and strike currency based armor pieces with an alternative 250 gold cost (see runic armor) for people with more real money than time, which bring in massive ROI.

Well, your chances of this got shot in the head when anet put the unique and awesome armor behind raids, locking out the majority of players from getting it. Thus reducing the chances of there ever being another unique(like the raid armor) set again.

Which is a shame, cause it is awesome and i would love to be able to earn it.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

I dont get it.

i get you're being sarcastic, but yes.

I feel you. I dont like meteorlogicus. Or incineratior. Or bifrost. Or exordium. Anet should give me free stuff.Yes.