Living Stories 2-4 (Episodes not included)?

Hello all,

So after revisiting Guild Wars 2 after quite some time, and never actually being around when the Living Stories were actually introduced, or missing them entirely, I was wondering if it's worth getting the Living Stories Season 2-4. They're on a pretty good deal right now, and I still have around 4K gems from the previous time I have played Guild Wars 2, and was deciding to buy all three of them.

I guess my concerns are; is there anything to be obtained from doing these "Stories", items, gear, skins, etc, etc? And one other major concern I've noticed, is while hovering over the Living Stories, in yellow text, it states at least 2-3 episodes are NOT included within these purchases. I'm not too sure if this is simply because I have not beat HoT, or PoF, and maybe they'll unlock via that method, but, I'd rather not spend the gems, on the Living Stories, if I know content (at least 2-3 episodes) are not going to be in these packaged deals, at least not if they're important.

Any Episodes not included means you've already unlocked them. You probably logged in while they were live. (The price is adjusted.)

If you are interested in the Story, then that would be one reason to get them.If you'd like to visit the associated maps, then Seasons 3 and 4 would be the ones to purchase.

You can visit the Wiki (link above) to see all the content/items/rewards associated with each Episode.

Good luck.

Arguably, if you're not into story, then the reasons for getting Seasons are these:

Season 4 has two mounts. The skyscale requires all episodes of Season 4 and the beetle mount requires only the third episode. There are also skins, achievements and zones unlocked with each episode, but many buy season 4 just for access to the skyscale mount. In addition Season 4 has access to farmable ascended trinkets and backpieces, plus an achievement that gets you a 32 slot bag.

Season 3 has a mastery that gives you a fifth downed skill that's very good in open world PvE, dungeons and fractals. You can't use that skill in strike missions, raids, or any form of PvP. It's still well worth it. Season 3 also comes with zones, easy farmable ascended trinkets and back pieces and access to new zones, skins and achievements.

Obviously story comes with all seasons.

The big reason to get season 2 if you're not into story is core tyria mastery points which for many people are hard to find/max out. You get 8 easy mastery points for doing the story. However, you don't get access to any extra zones with Season 2, so to me, it's the least important of the episodes. Again, that's if you're not into story.

Hope this helps.

I would get them yes.

Story being the main thing you'll want them for but there are also several masteries only obtainable in living world to my knowledge that are worth obtaining too.There are also 2 mounts as Vayne said that can only be obtained in specific episodes and both of them are very good and fun to use.

There are skins and collections, plenty of achievements, new maps and all sorts of things to do so yes I would absolutely recommend getting them if you can get them cheap.

Benefits;

• 14 new Maps
  • Lots of new skins
  • Tons of new achievements and collections
  • New stat combos and ways to get ascended accessories
  • Story continuity
  • New masteries
  • 2 new mounts (ls4)

If some episodes aren't included, you may have them already as they unlock automatically just for logging in during the initial 2-3 month release window.

For better or worse, there is a lot of gameplay you will get for your money/gems. It is a no brainer if you enjoy the game

I spend the majority of my time in LS3 and LS4 maps. I would recommend both, especially if you get them during a sale. I have no regrets in my purchase for either one.

1.) Both give advantages: (LS3 gives you something that makes it easier to get up if downed, LS4 gives 2 mounts)2.) Both are fun3.) I liked the LS3 story better.4.) Alt gearing (Bloodstone Fen and Bitterfrost is the best)

• Bloodstone Fen's ascended gear makes it super easy(cheap) to change stats. If your going to infuse/attune, these are a great option.5.) LS4 Dragon Fall is a really good none stop event. Really great place to farm mats and Karma.6.) Both offer a lot of Mastery Points

Season 2 is a mixed bag:It's not nearly as polished. I didn't enjoy the story. If you need Tyria Mastery, then it has some of the easiest to get. That's the saving grace.