Last Map Before HoT, and PoF start?

Hello all,

So I've I've mentioned in previous posts of mine, I am a returning player, own both HoT, and PoF, but never actually did anything in those expansions other than grab the Raptor mount.

I've had a couple level 80's before, but deleted them since they were WAY outdated, and wanted to revisit the story again. Upon doing so the first few times, I usually tended to clear the world map first, and in this case, am doing so again.

So, I'd like to know at what point do the expansion maps start coming into play, I'd like to know if I'm close or not, before moving onto the expansion maps. I still have to complete the initial story again (right now I'm on level 70 one's, and am current lvl 80+ Master Rank 16 ish). The last place I recall before fighting Zhaitan was Orr or whatever it was called. That's pretty much where I left off after beating the story the previous times, again, aside getting the mount of course, which wasn't all too difficult.

All I have left to complete is Mount Maelstrom, and Straits of Devestation. Every other Zone after that is strictly level 80. So what's the last zone, before the expansions start?

Thanks in advance.

How can a toon be outdated? I can't deny I releveled my guardian and thief to 80 like three times but I regret this alot and misses anniversary presents this way.A toon can not be out of date, otherwise there are hairkits and makeover kits that'll make your toon shine...So NEVER delete toons... I learned this the hard way

@"Veryl.7861" said:How can a toon be outdated? I can't deny I releveled my guardian and thief to 80 like three times but I regret this alot and misses anniversary presents this way.A toon can not be out of date, otherwise there are hairkits and makeover kits that'll make your toon shine...So NEVER delete toons... I learned this the hard way

My first character to level 80 was a Warrior, this was like a month after release. Took a break, came back, Warrior got nerfed into the ground, thus "Out-dated", and I deleted him.

Was not able to Solo any Gold Elite's anymore, nor was able to solo the halloween event like I used to before either. That pretty much killed the class for me, and I'll never regret deleting him either.

There isn't really a set order to the maps. The personal story will lead you through a lot of different maps, and ends in Cursed Shore in Orr, but it won't cover all of them. So if you're doing maps as the story introduces you to them you'll end up in Cursed Shore but you'll have missed a lot of the lower level maps.

If you want to complete all the base game maps before going on to the expansions then you can do them in whatever order you like. You'll be down-levelled to the appropriate level for the map, but will get drops and XP for your level. They're all accessible at any time and aside from the story there is nothing to say you must go to them in any order. You could do them in order by level, or working your way around the world doing the closest map to the one you're in, or whatever makes sense to you.

The expansion maps aren't introduced until you start the expansion storylines. Like base game maps you can go there whenever you want (although getting to Elona without doing the PoF story could be tricky because they don't actually join up with the core Tyria maps) but the game won't send you to them until you're doing that expansions story.

The story order goes:

• Personal Story
  • Season 1 (recap video)
  • Season 2
  • Heart of Thorns
  • Season 3
  • Path of Fire
  • Season 4
  • Season 5 (aka Icebrood Saga)

@Danikat.8537 said:There isn't really a set order to the maps. The personal story will lead you through a lot of different maps, and ends in Cursed Shore in Orr, but it won't cover all of them. So if you're doing maps as the story introduces you to them you'll end up in Cursed Shore but you'll have missed a lot of the lower level maps.

If you want to complete all the base game maps before going on to the expansions then you can do them in whatever order you like. You'll be down-levelled to the appropriate level for the map, but will get drops and XP for your level. They're all accessible at any time and aside from the story there is nothing to say you must go to them in any order. You could do them in order by level, or working your way around the world doing the closest map to the one you're in, or whatever makes sense to you.

The expansion maps aren't introduced until you start the expansion storylines. Like base game maps you can go there whenever you want (although getting to Elona without doing the PoF story could be tricky because they don't actually join up with the core Tyria maps) but the game won't send you to them until you're doing that expansions story.

The story order goes:

• Personal Story
  • Season 1 (recap video)
  • Season 2
  • Heart of Thorns
  • Season 3
  • Path of Fire
  • Season 4
  • Season 5 (aka Icebrood Saga)

Thank you for the Order. I just recently got the season's as well. I personally like to do things in order, or rather, I'm used to it from the launch of the game where you had to do maps via levels. Appreciate it.

There is a lot of content if you go in order as it was released. Keep in mind that the quality of releases got better and better with time. So if you get bored jump into expansions as there is more to do and the maps are better populated.

You deleted a character from a month past release? I cry a little inside, for you, for all the birthday presents gone missing now. Hopefully you still have the first one you made, though. And welcome back.

PS Warrior is fun, imo. Well. Berserker anyway.

The core personal story takes you from your home starter area through Lion's Arch to Orr. (With some possible detours depending on your order and the story steps chosen.)

After that LS2 adds Dry Top (first) and Silverwastes (2nd) with some detours to other (older core) maps.

Then HoT starts (Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragon's Stand). Then LS3 maps and the other later stuff.

Afaik you can't visit HoT maps and later maps without starting that stories. Silverwastes and Dry Top (both LS2) can be visited earlier though ... i was there when I didn't even have bought LS2 yet.

This wiki page https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zonelists the maps by release order (if you keep the default order when visiting the page) starting from Southsun Cove (added with LS1 which is not replayable).

Other maps before were released at core game release and could be visited any time. Just a suggested order by level used there though most people won't do all of them in the lover levels. (I did full world completion on my main and completion on the alts on the maps where the main story took my on my path to Orr.)