Warrior

Sailorz.5426

@James.1065 said:

@James.1065 said:I think warrior is are in a great spot at the moment and the shining example of perfect balance.

The problem is that they got so used to being god mode with heavy damage CC skills and good defence and mobility. Unfortunately for them, now that they are in the same boat as other professions it feels broken to them cause they must work for their kills.

Says a broken reaper player lmao

Reaper isn't broken it's also a shining example of good balance. Except if you mean it's under performance due to lack of mobility, lack of stability and
long slow well animated attacks.

Core necro on the other hand could be considered brokenYou forgot the perma quickness on AA

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Honestly Warrior/Spellbreaker is the one shining example of a class that is actually balanced, that feels good to play and feels good to play against.

The problem right now is that some other things are weirdly out of balance, such as:

1. Core Ranger pets launching 2HKO combos against anything that isn't a bunker, which are unblockable.
  2. Holosmiths having too much attribute tied strengths all across the board again.
  3. Power Shiro still dealing twice the damage output as anything else but somehow not being discussed or reviewed in the forum.

^ If all of this was addressed in even a light manner, Warrior/Spellbreaker would be sitting in a sweet spot.

I agree problem isn't with warrior. More i concer about people who doesn't clue how to use play at class or cap points.

1. Core Necro sustain being too high.
  2. Tempests dishing out way too much CC, passive AoE CCs nonetheless.Indeed too mch CC and condi dmg

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@James.1065 said:I think warrior is are in a great spot at the moment and the shining example of perfect balance.

The problem is that they got so used to being god mode with heavy damage CC skills and good defence and mobility. Unfortunately for them, now that they are in the same boat as other professions it feels broken to them cause they must work for their kills.

Reaper isn't broken it's also a shining example of good balance. Except if you mean it's under performance due to lack of mobility, lack of stability and long slow well animated attacks.

Core necro on the other hand could be considered broken

necro players whine when its broken, they whine when its balanced they whine when its op, is there ever end ?

For one in fight reaper has perma quickness in shroud and devastating autos at range for days and bursts like a glassy burst spec tho not glassy. With that said yes core is the broken necro spec, I mentioned reaper with core as one of the specs I currently see spammed. Guard/fb/dh,core necro/reaper, condi rev and to lesser degree core/condo ranger every match, slot of times atleast 2 guards or necro's on each side lol.Nowadays mesmers are the only class u can down in a reasonable time without +1ing them.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Reaper isn't broken it's also a shining example of good balance. Except if you mean it's under performance due to lack of mobility, lack of stability and long slow well animated attacks.

necro players whine when its broken, they whine when its balanced they whine when its op, is there ever end ?

For one in fight reaper has perma quickness in shroud and devastating autos at range for days and bursts like a glassy burst spec tho not glassy. With that said yes core is the broken necro spec, I mentioned reaper with core as one of the specs I currently see spammed. Guard/fb/dh,core necro/reaper, condi rev and to lesser degree core/condo ranger every match, slot of times atleast 2 guards or necro's on each side lol.Nowadays mesmers are the only class u can down in a reasonable time without +1ing them.

Sry quoted wrong person

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

You can actually kill everything in a 1vs1 without +1 In a good time

Only holo, core NEC some weird bunkerguard builds are to tanky

@Avatar.3568 said:

Yeah things is u can add bunker engi,and condo rev to ur list and u have almost 100% of classes played in most pvp matches so.... and a good ele can bunker as well. U can pretend or say what u will it's pretty easy to see how bunker builds are being spammed every match. People bandwagoned pretty fast and didn't take long for people to notice the effect that having power lvs hammered while leaving sustain mostly the same had on classes with barriers or shroud mechanics or that had great sustain before. These classes now are to tanky.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah things is u can add bunker engi,and condo rev to ur list and u have almost 100% of classes played in most pvp matches so.... and a good ele can bunker as well. U can pretend or say what u will it's pretty easy to see how bunker builds are being spammed every match.

They can be bunker, but it doesn't mean that they don't die

Most of the players just do their typical rotations and most of them have Lil weaknesses at doing that l, just watch out, maybe count the stunbreaks and dodges that the opponent used and than crush him

As long you playing not thief you should be able to kill the bunker in a reasonable time or at least not die until the +1 comes

@Avatar.3568 said:

Yeah things is u can add bunker engi,and condo rev to ur list and u have almost 100% of classes played in most pvp matches so.... and a good ele can bunker as well. U can pretend or say what u will it's pretty easy to see how bunker builds are being spammed every match.

They can be bunker, but it doesn't mean that they don't die

Most of the players just do their typical rotations and most of them have Lil weaknesses at doing that l, just watch out, maybe count the stunbreaks and dodges that the opponent used and than crush him

As long you playing not thief you should be able to kill the bunker in a reasonable time or at least not die until the +1 comes

I main thief and war

I'm not saying it can't be done, I beat necros etc 1v1 on thief somewhat often and yeah I kno as thief thsts not the smartest move but sometimes u do it for fun lol. I would love to see the detailed fight log of a necro I beat. Necro hit 40-50 times by thief and necro hit thief 4 times, fight time 1 5 minutes. Sad thing is that's not an exaggeration and as a thief I'm I'm soposed to be a leading burst class lol. When u severely outplayed someone in a 1v1 a burst class shouldn't take over a minute to down the opponent.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I'm not saying it can't be done, I beat necros etc 1v1 on thief somewhat often and yeah I kno as thief thsts not the smartest move but sometimes u do it for fun lol. I would love to see the detailed fight log of a necro I beat. Necro hit 40-50 times by thief and necro hit thief 4 times, fight time 1 5 minutes. Sad thing is that's not an exaggeration and as a thief I'm I'm soposed to be a leading burst class lol. When u severely outplayed someone in a 1v1 a burst class shouldn't take over a minute to down the opponent.

If you didn't go invisible teleport/Sprint away or perma dodge to reset the fight every time the necro looked at you strange then the fight wouldnt take so long...

@James.1065 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I'm not saying it can't be done, I beat necros etc 1v1 on thief somewhat often and yeah I kno as thief thsts not the smartest move but sometimes u do it for fun lol. I would love to see the detailed fight log of a necro I beat. Necro hit 40-50 times by thief and necro hit thief 4 times, fight time 1 5 minutes. Sad thing is that's not an exaggeration and as a thief I'm I'm soposed to be a leading burst class lol. When u severely outplayed someone in a 1v1 a burst class shouldn't take over a minute to down the opponent.

If you didn't go invisible teleport/Sprint away or perma dodge to reset the fight every time the necro looked at you strange then the fight wouldnt take so long...

Ur right cuz the necro would down the thief in under 5 secs otherwise lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Well it's also a burst class JUST like your theeef, except without the little girl resets!

@James.1065 said:

Well it's also a burst class JUST like your theeef, except without the little girl resets!

Necro a burst class..... wut?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Necro a burst class..... wut?

Sure, you ever played against a reaper? O.o

My experience is that Warrior, is in a fairly good place when it comes to spvp and pve (don't play WwW enough to know). However, it is far best at 1vs1, as it should be - Only problem these days is, that other classes, and builds does this better than Warrior, which makes it a real struggle to succeed at. Warrior in teamfights bigger than 2v2, is an absolutely no go. It simply gets melted due too too much boon corruption/removal.

I am not sure Warrior needs to hit harder, as I feel it is more a question about getting other classes/build into line with Warrior.

Rush needs to be looked at, as it is very random at connecting - An idea could be to leave it as it is, and maybe even reduce the dps on it, but then give it a couple of secs Evade - It is used mostly for mobility afterall.Then I look forward to reworks of a few traits, or hope so. :)

Lastly, I would love better build in stability, because as it is, it often feels like I'm more on the ground then actually fighting. Not sure that's the idea with Warrior.

On other notes...:

Something neeeds to be done about these things, which is already mention elsewhere

Ranger pets needs a nerf or an overall rework - too much dps and too many random CCBurning is out whack one more then on build - Guard especially - Hits waaaaay too hardSpamming slow/poison/Weakening/CC to the point where you can't use your abilities is a quick way to make Spvp unfun very fastAnd then we have Shroud on Necro.... - Something needs to be done here as well, as they are godly tanks as it is, and that wins them the duel no matter how hard I am able to hit them

:)

@DinesenDK.5067 said:Spamming slow/poison/Weakening/CC to the point where you can't use your abilities is a quick way to make Spvp unfun very fastDealing with some conditions (chilled, slow, crippled) and the fact that I'm on the ground or immobilized with no options whatsoever (skills all on cd because of heavy spam) during half of the battles did make me want to quit learning spvp. I really don't like feeling forced to play a different class, so instead of jumping to the flavor of the month every patch I might just take a break from the game mode and do other things.

@"DinesenDK.5067" said:My experience is that Warrior, is in a fairly good place when it comes to spvp and pve (don't play WwW enough to know). However, it is far best at 1vs1, as it should be - Only problem these days is, that other classes, and builds does this better than Warrior, which makes it a real struggle to succeed at. Warrior in teamfights bigger than 2v2, is an absolutely no go. It simply gets melted due too too much boon corruption/removal.

I am not sure Warrior needs to hit harder, as I feel it is more a question about getting other classes/build into line with Warrior.

Rush needs to be looked at, as it is very random at connecting - An idea could be to leave it as it is, and maybe even reduce the dps on it, but then give it a couple of secs Evade - It is used mostly for mobility afterall.Then I look forward to reworks of a few traits, or hope so. :)

Lastly, I would love better build in stability, because as it is, it often feels like I'm more on the ground then actually fighting. Not sure that's the idea with Warrior.

On other notes...:

Something neeeds to be done about these things, which is already mention elsewhere

Ranger pets needs a nerf or an overall rework - too much dps and too many random CCBurning is out whack one more then on build - Guard especially - Hits waaaaay too hardSpamming slow/poison/Weakening/CC to the point where you can't use your abilities is a quick way to make Spvp unfun very fastAnd then we have Shroud on Necro.... - Something needs to be done here as well, as they are godly tanks as it is, and that wins them the duel no matter how hard I am able to hit them

You can have resistance for days on warrior while playing spellbreaker! At the same time you can pack enough punch to rip a hole through everything if you know what to dodge ofc and not just randomly use that rush.

-Full counter gives back 3 condis every 12s CD plus an evade and 100% "block"-Berseker stance-Feather grace-Shake it off

And you still have "Signet of stamina" and "Mending"/ "Natural Healing" or go crazy with "Defiant Stance", if everything fail ( dunno how ) you can learn to CC/lock necros and & with hammer-mace/shield....what more do you want?

And...better stability?..Are you kidding me? Warrior is the only class with pulsing stability as utility Balanced Stance, then you have "Dolyak signet", "Stomp" and then you have the best transform in the game : "rampage" and you want more?....maybe you want to play ele and have a single utility to have stability.....

And yes..I do play warrior among other things; don't just try to facetank everything simply because you play a warrior....dodge sometimes

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"DinesenDK.5067" said:My experience is that Warrior, is in a fairly good place when it comes to spvp and pve (don't play WwW enough to know). However, it is far best at 1vs1, as it should be - Only problem these days is, that other classes, and builds does this better than Warrior, which makes it a real struggle to succeed at. Warrior in teamfights bigger than 2v2, is an absolutely no go. It simply gets melted due too too much boon corruption/removal.

On other notes...:

You can have resistance for days on warrior while playing spellbreaker! At the same time you can pack enough punch to rip a hole through everything if you know what to dodge ofc and not just randomly use that
rush

-Full counter gives back 3 condis every 12s CD plus an evade and 100% "block"-Berseker stance-Feather grace-Shake it off

And you still have "Signet of stamina" and "Mending"/ "Natural Healing" or go crazy with "Defiant Stance", if everything fail ( dunno how ) you can learn to CC/lock necros and & with hammer-mace/shield....
what more do you want?

And...better stability?..Are you kidding me? Warrior is the only class with pulsing stability as utility
Balanced Stance
, then you have "Dolyak signet", "Stomp" and then you have the best transform in the game : "rampage" and you want more?....maybe you want to play ele and have a single utility to have stability.....

And yes..I do play warrior among other things; don't just try to facetank everything simply because you play a warrior....dodge sometimes

Ah yes, the warrior with 10 utility slots and 4 weapon swaps, I should have played that class instead. How did you unlock it?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

On other notes...:

You can have resistance for days on warrior while playing spellbreaker! At the same time you can pack enough punch to rip a hole through everything if you know what to dodge ofc and not just randomly use that
rush

And you still have "Signet of stamina" and "Mending"/ "Natural Healing" or go crazy with "Defiant Stance", if everything fail ( dunno how ) you can learn to CC/lock necros and & with hammer-mace/shield....
what more do you want?

And...better stability?..Are you kidding me? Warrior is the only class with pulsing stability as utility
Balanced Stance
, then you have "Dolyak signet", "Stomp" and then you have the best transform in the game : "rampage" and you want more?....maybe you want to play ele and have a single utility to have stability.....

here comes 10 trait line 5 weapon 20 utilities slot warrior build necroed by a low gold elite player who thinks he play a class because he repair wall with it in wvw

@Inguz.6493 said:

On other notes...:

rush

what more do you want?

Balanced Stance

Ah yes, the warrior with 10 utility slots and 4 weapon swaps, I should have played that class instead. How did you unlock it?

You unlock it when you finally realize that you can't have a single build to rule them all, simply because the class is called "Warrior" does not mean that you can rush face down everything, learn to change utilities/traits based on the encounter, less time spent assuming you can faceroll the whole world with a single build

@Arheundel.6451 said:

On other notes...:

rush

what more do you want?

Balanced Stance

You're right. I can have resisstance for days, and Full Counter returns 3 Condis and so on, and so on. I can play less careless, and use Rush and Dodge better. You're right about that too. In fact, your right about everything you point out. You just forgot one small thing...

No where in my post do I say, that I want "this" or "that", or want one build to rule them all. All I wrote was thoughts and ideas. That's it. I even started with letting everyone know, I actually feel Warrior is pretty nice as it is. So because you somehow failed to get that from my post, your reply falls short. Sorry.

Yeah warriors should just take berserker stance , feather grace/balance stance and shake it off and play defense and revenge counter trait with paladin amulet that way we wont die to in a 1v1. And play mace/shield - hammer so we cc lock them and hope someone else kills them brilliant plan.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Says a broken reaper player lmao

Reaper's weak right now. Literally nobody needs to stand in anything it does except guard/FB, and they have access to enough blocks and cc to mitigate shroud whenever it's up.

LMAO reapers weak hahaha with the damage cuts shroud in way overperforming esp on core necro and reaper shroud dps is still overperforming compared to most. Right now as it stands core necro and burn guards are literally thee most spammed spec, most matches in last few weeks have 2 of each in each match. Theres a reason why dh/guards and necro have seen a huge increase in playtime and dh have one of highest win rates even in plat said cmc.May as well call this gbage pvp guard&necro wars 2.

Have you listened to CmC tho? DH has one of the highest winrates with one of the lowest playrates

@DinesenDK.5067 said:

@DinesenDK.5067 said:My experience is that Warrior, is in a fairly good place when it comes to spvp and pve (don't play WwW enough to know). However, it is far best at 1vs1, as it should be - Only problem these days is, that other classes, and builds does this better than Warrior, which makes it a real struggle to succeed at. Warrior in teamfights bigger than 2v2, is an absolutely no go. It simply gets melted due too too much boon corruption/removal.

On other notes...:

rush

what more do you want?

Balanced Stance

You're right. I can have resisstance for days, and Full Counter returns 3 Condis and so on, and so on. I can play less careless, and use Rush and Dodge better. You're right about that too. In fact, your right about everything you point out. You just forgot one small thing...

No where in my post do I say, that I want "this" or "that", or want one build to rule them all. All I wrote was thoughts and ideas. That's it. I even started with letting everyone know, I actually feel Warrior is pretty nice as it is. So because you somehow failed to get that from my post, your reply falls short. Sorry.

You did complain about condis and I have listed the options available to deal with them