Ranger Pet Store?

Garn.7502

@"Teratus.2859" said:Collecting the pets is part of the fun on Ranger, it's a very unique open world "quest" of sorts that's exclusive to Ranger.

Tbh I wish there were more elements like this in Gw2.

For us long time players there was a time when you would have to actually travel around the world and complete quests, events, Jumping puzzles and other open world things to actually earn/unlock your traits.. or buy them from a profession trainer.I actually loved that change to Gw2 but most people hated it and to be fair for many good reasons so Anet removed it.

I wouldn't want to see pets automatically unlocked on your account once you've tamed them once.. that would diminish one of the things I enjoy about the Ranger.However.. I think Gw2 can take a page out of Gw1's book here and recreate the Zaishen Menagerie feature for Gw2.A small map Rangers can go to where all the pets you've found on one character get unlocked and now roam around freely so your other Rangers can just pop in there and tame whatever pets they want as early as level 2 when they beat the introduction mission.

I think this is something a lot of players regardless of whether they enjoy the quest to find pets or not would like to have as it allows you to access late game pets like Fire Wyvern, Reef Drake and Jacaranda right from the begining of a new character without having to go to HoT, Southsun or PoF.. and you'll have a choice on what pets you want to collect while playing the game and which you just want to skip over and get early and easily.. be that 1 or 2 or all of them.

Never played gw1 but that Menagerie thing sounds nice. I can see how that would still keep the pokemon go element for rangers and the immersion of it.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:Getting pets for the first time is fun. But doing it 8 times for each pet is just a chore. Account bound pets would be fine and you still have to do the “quest” once on your first ranger. Maybe if they made future pets harder to obtain but make them account bound. More fun less chore.Do you actually have 8 Rangers?

8 rangers?! how many toons for the other classes do you have

@"garngikel.9406" said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Collecting the pets is part of the fun on Ranger, it's a very unique open world "quest" of sorts that's exclusive to Ranger.

For us long time players there was a time when you would have to actually travel around the world and complete quests, events, Jumping puzzles and other open world things to actually earn/unlock your traits.. or buy them from a profession trainer.I actually loved that change to Gw2 but most people hated it and to be fair for many good reasons so Anet removed it.

I wouldn't want to see pets automatically unlocked on your account once you've tamed them once.. that would diminish one of the things I enjoy about the Ranger.However.. I think Gw2 can take a page out of Gw1's book here and recreate the Zaishen Menagerie feature for Gw2.A small map Rangers can go to where all the pets you've found on one character get unlocked and now roam around freely so your other Rangers can just pop in there and tame whatever pets they want as early as level 2 when they beat the introduction mission.

I think this is something a lot of players regardless of whether they enjoy the quest to find pets or not would like to have as it allows you to access late game pets like Fire Wyvern, Reef Drake and Jacaranda right from the begining of a new character without having to go to HoT, Southsun or PoF.. and you'll have a choice on what pets you want to collect while playing the game and which you just want to skip over and get early and easily.. be that 1 or 2 or all of them.

Never played gw1 but that Menagerie thing sounds nice. I can see how that would still keep the pokemon go element for rangers and the immersion of it.

It was a really cool feature they added a good while after the game came out.

I grabbed a few screens of some pets I got in mine, in order.Pheonix and Rainbow PheonixPandas and Crocodiles in the far distance.Mountain eagles.Black Moas and Hounds of Balthazar.

I got more pets on there but they're spread out across a reasonably sized island map and I didn't want to spam the thread with Gw1 screens lolEven with Gw1's older graphics it's still a very pretty game.r6uDskj.jpgV2NXnbb.jpgo5gZ49a.jpgZ9BhNym.jpg

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"garngikel.9406" said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Collecting the pets is part of the fun on Ranger, it's a very unique open world "quest" of sorts that's exclusive to Ranger.

I grabbed a few screens of some pets I got in mine, in order.Pheonix and Rainbow PheonixPandas and Crocodiles in the far distance.Mountain eagles.Black Moas and Hounds of Balthazar.

I got more pets on there but they're spread out across a reasonably sized island map and I didn't want to spam the thread with Gw1 screens lolEven with Gw1's older graphics it's still a very pretty game.
r6uDskj.jpgV2NXnbb.jpgo5gZ49a.jpgZ9BhNym.jpg

Was this small island created only for pets or does it have other functions too?

@"garngikel.9406" said:

@kiwituatara.6053 said:Getting pets for the first time is fun. But doing it 8 times for each pet is just a chore. Account bound pets would be fine and you still have to do the “quest” once on your first ranger. Maybe if they made future pets harder to obtain but make them account bound. More fun less chore.Do you actually have 8 Rangers?

8 rangers?! how many toons for the other classes do you have

39 total? But I probably play 16-18 on a regular basis.

@Revolution.5409 said:

@"garngikel.9406" said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Collecting the pets is part of the fun on Ranger, it's a very unique open world "quest" of sorts that's exclusive to Ranger.

I got more pets on there but they're spread out across a reasonably sized island map and I didn't want to spam the thread with Gw1 screens lolEven with Gw1's older graphics it's still a very pretty game.

Was this small island created only for pets or does it have other functions too?

Just for pets to my knowledge.You take charmed pets there and leave them with the Zaishen unlocking them on your account so you can go off and tame more pets and always come back later and retame ones you've left there on any of your characters and heroes.Can also buy to unlock certain rare/unique pets too like the Hounds of Balthazar, Racing Beetle and the Panda.You can also specifiy the type of pet evolution you want if you want one, which effects it's Damage and HP.Evolutions were another thing they kinda cut from Gw2 pets which is unfortunate.

For example you could have a evolved Dire Moa Bird which would get a -60 health negative but gain a +15% damage increaseOr an Evolved Aggressive Moa Bird which would get a -30 health negative but gain a +5% damage increase.Unevolved and Elder Pets would get no bonuses or negativesThen there was Playful and Hearty evolutions too which were exact opposites of Aggressive and Dire.Playful giving +30 health and -5% damage compared to Aggressive's -30 health and +5% damage.. and Hearty doing the same with Dire's modifiers.

Once you donated a max level pet and unlocked it you could retame it there with any evolution you wanted which made it a lot easier to get specific evolutions.Before that you would either have to tame a level 5 pet and level it up hoping it evolves the way you want or you could death level a wild pet and charm it after seeing what it evolves into.Death leveling again another funny feature of Gw1 that was cut from 2 XDBasically you would let an enemy kill you over and over again until it levels up from all the exp you give it lolIn the early days of Gw1.. people used to do this to get to max level in the Pre Searing tutorial era.. it was an absurd grind but some people still did it anyway.

I would love to see the Menagerie return in some fashion.Could theoretically do something with the home instance. Have a "Tamer" or "Handler" present you can request only the pets you've unlocked on your account.The only questions, is how would it be done to prevent seeing a massive amount of animals running around your home instance. Especially, if you're on a different class.

I do like and probably prefer with regards to ease the idea purposed by

@Ashkew.6584 said:or just make unlocked pets available for entire account

Doing things that way would probably be the most convenient solution.

I still like the Menagerie idea though, mostly for the memories and scenery addition to the game.

• Like 1

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"garngikel.9406" said:

Just for pets to my knowledge.You take charmed pets there and leave them with the Zaishen unlocking them on your account so you can go off and tame more pets and always come back later and retame ones you've left there on any of your characters and heroes.Can also buy to unlock certain rare/unique pets too like the Hounds of Balthazar, Racing Beetle and the Panda.You can also specifiy the type of pet evolution you want if you want one, which effects it's Damage and HP.Evolutions were another thing they kinda cut from Gw2 pets which is unfortunate.

For example you could have a evolved Dire Moa Bird which would get a -60 health negative but gain a +15% damage increaseOr an Evolved Aggressive Moa Bird which would get a -30 health negative but gain a +5% damage increase.Unevolved and Elder Pets would get no bonuses or negativesThen there was Playful and Hearty evolutions too which were exact opposites of Aggressive and Dire.Playful giving +30 health and -5% damage compared to Aggressive's -30 health and +5% damage.. and Hearty doing the same with Dire's modifiers.

Once you donated a max level pet and unlocked it you could retame it there with any evolution you wanted which made it a lot easier to get specific evolutions.Before that you would either have to tame a level 5 pet and level it up hoping it evolves the way you want or you could death level a wild pet and charm it after seeing what it evolves into.Death leveling again another funny feature of Gw1 that was cut from 2 XDBasically you would let an enemy kill you over and over again until it levels up from all the exp you give it lolIn the early days of Gw1.. people used to do this to get to max level in the Pre Searing tutorial era.. it was an absurd grind but some people still did it anyway.

I haven't played Gw1 unfortunately, so I don't know much about the mechanics of pets, but it seems to me a well-made place that could fit really well in this game too.

If Anet decides to implement a similar place with pets (aesthetic) personalization functions it could be something really beautiful and new for this profession.

EDIT:I would prefer it to be a Premium content to buy, you have to help the developers.