World versus World " Whats the point of crowd control again?"

Anyone else a little bit curious why weapons like warrior mace skills and Hammer skills cc, or any cc in general, needs to be hit by the crowd control power nerf? what point does making a weapon hit 100's for when even running as a berserker or a support class. In most cases most ,classes have enough stability to take 5 or more cc skills at once. why attack power of cc skills when ferocity scores the big hits regardless if one uses armor.

So use a damage weapon in the second set? why are you using two sets of cc weapons and complaining about no damage? Every class doesn't have equal access to stability either, and usually people run only one stun break which are usually on long cooldowns, plus cc's have no diminishing returns. Use cc's at the appropriate times to interrupt and stop just spamming them off cooldowns.

Even in this game patch I compound nearly all of my cc with some sort of secondary mod and most of them hit the health bar. I'm not going to say it's fair across the board because I'm not playing other classes or builds but even without life steal or siphon or anything my deliberate control skills are influential enough, I'd be one shotting people without even building for it right now as consequence of the control I put into my openers and the rest of my build if the changed skills had their damage still.

For the most part i play a support warrior, which yeah i'm not going to be autohitting 4 to 5k's . But whats the big deal of having to nerf a skill that stuns for only 2000 damage for a support and making it only do 100 damage across the board? worked well for the past 6 years why change now ? I can understand perhaps with some utility skills but Most cc only goes so far with stun breaks regardless if the player you goes against has stability. which in this case hammer and maces for warrior are mostly cc based. Its quite sad that in most cases the only way to remove stability is to rely on boon removal skills or a caster aoe to do it for you, especially when it comes to large group fights where damage counts no matter if you are a pure nomads wet noodle. sure one can wait around for it to tick down and wait for an opportunity but in world versus world opportunity doesn't last long. since warriors have little stability as it is , primarily balanced stance (meaning core warrior) or shake it off for stun breaks. why would developers keep skills that do not do a lick of damage regardless of support when theirs condition circles for days on end. I say if you take away our power damage then give us condition damage since its what is preferred by all.

cc's heavily increased actually, stab and stunbreaks got a hit too, and more numbers bring bigger cc's with them. since this nasty "balance" started, there's way more condibomb + cc-stacking than for months before. also, stab is timelimited and can be stripped... and then you get chain-cc'd for several seconds.

also you can use them as before, most players that know what they're doing did use aoe-cc also for stunning, and not only for damage. but yeah, nerfing dragons maw, primelight beam, the holomode 5, rev herald "drop the hammer" and elite was totally bonkers. many nerfs just came on the wrong ends. the DH elite was never fast and easily dodgeable, holo hasn't been meta for long, both herald cc's are rather slow, so these balances had not really a good reasoning behind them.

the reason why they been hit by the crowd control nerf? because the whole balance was kinda random and not tailored towards Wvw , often completly ignoring meta classes. i doubt they even took a single look into the real meta, the most effective sets and overall build usage, while only Anet would have the exact data there.

so some classes lost much damage from the cc-dps moves - warrior wasn't really the main victim here tho. basically most elite skills got nerfed by now, warriors worse hits been bannernerf acutally happend long time ago, lately only his invuln time and shielding got reduced, means just u cannot stay inside the bombs for that long. spellbreaker bubbles is still one of the most asked things in zergs. zerker warriors are only suriving if the rest of the party carries them kinda, they are better thieves (bc can walk through zergs and still have groupsupport) with builds like offhand-axe variants etc

my biggest question in terms of the nerf of power across the board with cc included, is it truly due to the skills themselves anet let get out of control? or was it based on that power itself that was deemed as the culprit. Granted the true big hits are tied to ferocity if i am correct. or if its deemed a boon why not remove it? So why is it that supportive builds that use power are the ones most punished? Most know armor doesn't do a thing even against ferocity. Yet it seems ever since Heart of thorns theirs no real consequences for running pure damage regardless of condition or ferocity based. sure one can say its skill. When one pictures support yeah they aren't going to pull a berserker warrior greatsword hit f1 twice heal and get a second f1 and finish enemies off with axes and spin to win. So would it not make sense for support to have a advantage over glass cannons in the war of attrition? whether its out healing or outlasting. Which at the moment conditions seem to be in a okay spot for what they are meant to do compared to when gw2 launched and condition damage was like the damage from the mobs in orr a 1 shout clear all. Considering anets idea of testing things , I'm still surprised not many in the other areas are as slightly annoyed. For instance, Pvers still waiting on guildhall upgrades 4 years later. Recruiting for world versus world requires a credit card for dishing out over 1500 gems worth 500 to 600 gold or more in some cases ,just to join with ones fellow guild members( Alliances? Na). Removal of pvp necklaces stat types, which pvp mostly shrugs at.

One solution for wvw is by monthly kicking of all players off the server. And then they can, as a guild choose where to play :3

Guild says I choose nsp. So there they be for the next 2 months. In between maintain the 1 week transfer thru gems rule.

It's like squad ready. Guild leader chooses nsp members then say yes and they commit there for the next 2 months. Deals with ppl not wvw active or just doing dailies.

Think about it. Almost like alliances.

@Sovereign.1093 said:One solution for wvw is by monthly kicking of all players off the server. And then they can, as a guild choose where to play :3

Guild says I choose nsp. So there they be for the next 2 months. In between maintain the 1 week transfer thru gems rule.

It's like squad ready. Guild leader chooses nsp members then say yes and they commit there for the next 2 months. Deals with ppl not wvw active or just doing dailies.

Except it doesn't have the population sorting of alliances, so you're just giving everyone a free pass to transfers every two months, which would make it even easier for guilds to ally and stack, every two months, for free. Does nothing for daily hunters, because they can have their guild choose nsp too. Does nothing to non active players, they don't even count in the current active play time system either, because, they're not active. Where do booted accounts go to? the other point of the alliance system was to change the server back end for these type of moves. So if they're going to spend time developing systems like this, might as well keep developing alliances, and not half drunk off shoots.

@"enkidu.5937" said:Why need CCs when the lags do a better job in crippling enemy actions and skills :p

We may need a "lag break" skill, maybe the next guard spec should spread "server stability" B)

Biggest cc in the game right now, immobilize is a close second in how much it's being abused now.Elite Lag break skill - cast aoe silence on everyone, in 1200 range, so they all stop casting skills(except for this one!) for 10s. Silence wars 2020!

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:One solution for wvw is by monthly kicking of all players off the server. And then they can, as a guild choose where to play :3

Except it doesn't have the population sorting of alliances, so you're just giving everyone a free pass to transfers every two months, which would make it even easier for guilds to ally and stack, every two months, for free. Does nothing for daily hunters, because they can have their guild choose nsp too. Does nothing to non active players, they don't even count in the current active play time system either, because, they're not active. Where do booted accounts go to? the other point of the alliance system was to change the server back end for these type of moves. So if they're going to spend time developing systems like this, might as well keep developing alliances, and not half drunk off shoots.

@"enkidu.5937" said:Why need CCs when the lags do a better job in crippling enemy actions and skills :p

We may need a "lag break" skill, maybe the next guard spec should spread "server stability" B)

Biggest cc in the game right now, immobilize is a close second in how much it's being abused now.Elite Lag break skill - cast aoe silence on everyone, in 1200 range, so they all stop casting skills(except for this one!) for 10s. Silence wars 2020!

The world's only matter for wvw. Since anyone anywhere except eu to na can party.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

The world's only matter for wvw. Since anyone anywhere except eu to na can party.

Round and round we go with server talk.You didn't address the first part.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Round and round we go with server talk.You didn't address the first part.

What first part?