Pure "Tank" builds should not be allowed

Shiyo.3578

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

That's because power/preci/ferocity need each other to be good, very simplified its PowerPrecisionFerocity

Though that is probably why we are in the situation we are in now. Power is multiplicative and it's just hard to race defensive stats against us. But I guess this is a good thing since unlike OP I don't have that extreme difficulty of killing people.

Well ye, I mean if toughness could race 3 stats that would be a bit weird.

Well you can argue that toughness and vit kinda work together? Not always, but there's also those annoying siphons that bypass toughness and can be kinda useful for some hybrids.

I would rather say heal and toughness really as they're the ones "competing" against the damage, vitality is only how long they can "lose".

Vit doesn't allow you to survive it just means you die slower. (which is ofc useful as it gives you time to kill/heal but ye)

In a lot of RPGs, tough and heal usually go together just because that means each point means more and your heal counts for more. That sometimes applies to Gw2, but mostly for the "trolling" builds OP doesn't like.

Yes ofc.

Healing becomes better the less dmg you take. As does vit as each hp becomes more "valuable"

Adding a few hundred random vitality to a power build is called marauder and is pretty good, adding some toughness/vit/boon duration is called durability runes and is pretty strong. Demolisher would also be great if it existed in WvW. Which is a much closer comparison.

Depends on your class. Adding 3k health to a class with only 11k base health is just huge and possibly mandatory. OTOH, my warrior doesn't really feel the need for that much vit since they start so much higher. Still good though. Add into consideration that durability runes also would give you 10% more health, and that's just an amazing investment overall. Weirdly enough Balth runes are also +10% health.

Ye of course. Marauder on warriors is imo not ideal (demo would probs be meta if it existed). Durability runes is of course fantastic.

But that

"Weirdly enough Balth runes are also +10% health."

Something tells me you don't like burnguards haha.

Guardian main and I actually play it a lot just because it's the only real damage option in bigger groups when I'm bored of minstrel. Also played around with stuff like Shaman and Plaguedoctor, since FB does need heal power. But I definitely have a lot of contempt for other guardians. It was already bad enough to see mediocre DHs camping traps but now we definitely have a lot of the "stand still" burn guardian trying to offload their burst and nothing else. Pretty much any ranged class destroys then though, but I'd rather just keep quiet on the matter.

Haha, fair enough.

On a more serious note I think balth got the 10% hp to be comparable to the other "buff one condi runes" like torment/perplex

Curiously enough, so did Durability. Thankfully these things are basically free.

Durability getting the 10% hp really blew my mind as they were already BiS on close to every non-condi build (and even some condi builds).

I had almost forgotten about the fact that it didn't use to give 10% hp, so long ago now

Ye core burn is one of the squishest builds on the game even with full defensive stats and 10% hp from balth runes (well I guess rather the worst self-sustain build in the entire game)

Core burn pretty much needs to be babied by support in order to reach its full effectiveness. It's ok. You can just run wall of reflect to inflate your numbers and trick everyone into thinking you're mvp. Then again, so do necros although they have much more utility.

In my experience, most condi builds do, with a few notable exceptions (thief, mesmer, ele primarily).

PoF was a disaster in that regard

FB, Scourge and Holo creates such bright visual noise.

For some reason their solution to reduce visual cluster was to make ele attacks look really boring. To this very day I still think allied Holos are enemies sometimes..

My personally most hated visual nice skill is enemy firebrand f3, 4,the resistance field. So bright and not like I can do super much about it.

Yep. Though I think it's prolly for the best that it stays that way as it does give everyone access to a decent personal clear without increasing group clears (which imo are a bit of a problem)

I suppose. Then again, literally everyone I told how to make cleansing sigils stopped crying about condi. Cept here ofc, which is why we're even having this conversation.

Ye, I was in some other thread were people were talking about antitoxin and double anti condi traitlines but cleansing sigil was barely mentioned. Bit interesting to see always.

Sometimes you just can't listen to the noise. When the damage nerf came, people were like ermagawd it's all condi now and everyone switched to TB/grieving. They thought zergs would be all condis. I'll just say much regret was had.

Ye, I mean condi will "always" be bad in zergs because of resistance/group clears.

Only real condi guard can "bypass" that by being extremely bursty (against stacks)

I mean tbh to irritates me it's enough with just the mobility as enough people worry it just never quit, even after 10+ attempts at killing you. But kind of a difficult problem to solve without completely redesigning some classes.

Abusing mobility is somewhat needed to distract very big groups. But, it's distinctly unfun outside of that. YMMV. The biggest meme I discovered lately is speed runes.

It just imo enables some very annoying stuff in smallscale

First, the wvw main objective isnt about killing enemy zergs, its about warscore.Secondly, an attacking force that cannot defeat the defenders & the defenders cant defeat the attackers, means the defenders win by default (as siege warfare irl).

@kmfart.7480 said:First, the wvw main objective isnt about killing enemy zergs, its about warscore.Secondly, an attacking force that cannot defeat the defenders & the defenders cant defeat the attackers, means the defenders win by default (as siege warfare irl).

OYYYY!!! Someone get's it ...

So the answer to the OP is ... WvW is a strategic game ... and if you can't think strategically, you're going to lose, no matter what builds people use.