Very cool idea for Fishing discipline In Cantha!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@linkym.2069 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:I'm not going to get into a kitten-for-tat argument with you just so that you can extol the virtues that you find in fishing over the content that I prefer that Anet should focus on. That's not the point of this thread. I've already made my point(s) in other fishing threads. I don't need to belabor them here, which is why I wish that people would use the forums search feature to read previous posts on this topic rather than make new ones.

You just hate to see the fishing topic because you don't like it. Well guess what, a lot of us do and i will defend it because i see it as a very good implementation to the game that would certainly make it more alive. Just look at all of the sea Tyria has.

That's fine. A lot of us don't and we'll defend our position, too. It still doesn't make us "haters".

I only wish we didn't have to do it across multiple threads.

@linkym.2069 said:

@linkym.2069 said:how can people be against fishing? bruhBecause some of us prefer actual content?@linkym.2069 said:ive been reading some comments and LOL. Because fishing is boring? because fish are living things? are u kidding me? Better to go fishing than to stand still 24h in divinity's reach or lion's arch

Not everyone does this. In fact, I'd wager that the number of players who congregate in the cities is a lot less than the number of players actually playing the game and enjoying the content.

how is fishing not content? its silly to not want new things

It's also silly to want your activity time wasted with inactivity, but here we are. Why are you hating?

They hated on mounts too, until we got them and ANet put a spin on it, now how many anti-mount posters we have?. Need to drop the "GW2 doesn't need this" mentality, thats how the game stagnates and gets boring. I can't count how many people worked for the legendary fishing pole in Legion, or how many people post they completed the meta fishing achievement in ESO. Its just a fun side activity which ANet would probably more interesting than the other MMOs like they did with mounts.

It doesn't seem fair to me when people say NO to something that they don't even have to participate in, just let others who would enjoy it. I am for it and I don't fish in any of those games that have it because I find it boring, but it sure couldn't hurt the game. I think it would look cool to see some people fishing a pond out in the middle of nowhere having a chat or whatever. Its an MMORPG, not everything has to be combat related.

I think you should be able to cook out in the open world too, with a stew pot and cooking fire or whatever, another option for more cosmetic$, we are adventurers after all. I hate crafting, but doesn't mean I should be against it, cuz others like it.

I'd love myself some new fractals instead, myb some where you'd have to swap templates or elite or skills mid fractal to make it through easier.The people who know their classes are already swapping skills and stuff on the go based on the situation to have smoother runs, even using consumable items. Maybe make it a requirement for a few fracs so some people finally learn what their class is actually capable of.

Some wvw events could be fun too. Nothing too major or farmable, myb being able to get something by doing some easy wvw activities and having 2 weeks to finish it, so that even the non wvw-ers would be inclined to participate. No forced combat, stuff like taking a few camps, visiting some locations etc, a mini reward track maybe.

Last thing I wanna do is half afk at fishing spots to do some achievements.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:What would be the purpose of fishing anyway? We can swim under eater and beat things up anyway.

having more things to do and making the game more alive

What? 8/10 times you are afk with the rod out in the lake, just waiting. Good job on doing (more things)

Its better to do that than to stand still in lion's arch or divinity's reach.

@linkym.2069 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:What would be the purpose of fishing anyway? We can swim under eater and beat things up anyway.

What? 8/10 times you are afk with the rod out in the lake, just waiting. Good job on doing (more things)

LOL, if that's what you do then you either don't know how to GW or are playing the wrong game (if nothing is fun enough to do).Period!

@Trise.2865 said:

@linkym.2069 said:how can people be against fishing? bruhBecause some of us prefer actual content?@linkym.2069 said:ive been reading some comments and LOL. Because fishing is boring? because fish are living things? are u kidding me? Better to go fishing than to stand still 24h in divinity's reach or lion's arch

Not everyone does this. In fact, I'd wager that the number of players who congregate in the cities is a lot less than the number of players actually playing the game and enjoying the content.

how is fishing not content? its silly to not want new things

It's also silly to want your activity time wasted with inactivity, but here we are. Why are you hating?

how is fishing inactive? Have you ever played fishing games?

@Friday.7864 said:

LOL, if that's what you do then you either don't know how to GW or are playing the wrong game (if nothing is fun enough to do).Period!

I've done it yes. Haven't you? I guess you're saying that people dont stand still without doing anything in those cities lol. Just go right now to any of those cities and come back

@linkym.2069 said:

I've done it yes. Haven't you? I guess you're saying that people dont stand still without doing anything in those cities lol. Just go right now to any of those cities and come back

AFK means away from keyboard fyi. But yes I do afk when I'm doing other stuff irl.You plan to fish with macros while afk or what? That would get you bannedIf you're staring at the screen while in the game and doing absolutely nothing then I repeat: play some other game if you don't know what to do in GW

@Friday.7864 said:

AFK means away from keyboard fyi. But yes I do afk when I'm doing other stuff irl.You plan to fish with macros or what? That would get you banned

''You plan to fish with macros or what? That would get you banned'' What? i'm just planning to go on fishing

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Rukia.4802 said:They hated on mounts too, until we got them and ANet put a spin on it, now how many anti-mount posters we have?That's not even the same argument. Mounts provide a significant QoL improvement to actually playing the content. Heck, in some areas, they are necessary.

@Rukia.4802 said:They hated on mounts too, until we got them and ANet put a spin on it, now how many anti-mount posters we have?. Need to drop the "GW2 doesn't need this" mentality, thats how the game stagnates and gets boring. I can't count how many people worked for the legendary fishing pole in Legion, or how many people post they completed the meta fishing achievement in ESO. Its just a fun side activity which ANet would probably more interesting than the other MMOs like they did with mounts.

It doesn't seem fair to me when people say NO to something that they don't even have to participate in, just let others who would enjoy it. I am for it and I don't fish in any of those games that have it because I find it boring, but it sure couldn't hurt the game. I think it would look cool to see some people fishing a pond out in the middle of nowhere having a chat or whatever. Its an MMORPG, not everything has to be combat related.

I think you should be able to cook out in the open world too, with a stew pot and cooking fire or whatever, another option for more cosmetic$, we are adventurers after all. I hate crafting, but doesn't mean I should be against it, cuz others like it.

I know right? they don't want it but don't say what would they want instead of it. They do not give you a solid argument, they only tell you that it is a waste of resources and that it is boring. And if you tell them this they just report your comment. What I have been saying, the rule seems to be not to add for the game but to subtract.