Open World Domination: Fire Weaver

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 4:42 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I get a lot of questions about which variant of condi weaver I would recommend most.  So, let's start with a brief description encompassing the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two basic variants I use myself in open world.

Fire/Arcane - This variant has strong passive sustain, but less than Fire/Earth.  It is a more flexible build with better evasion and recovery, but lower damage than Fire/Earth.  It is a bit harder to play on account of relying more on active avoidance, combos, and evasive arcana dodge effects.  Recommended for a fun and frenetic play style that can handle practically anything!

Fire/Earth - This variant is more straightforward.  It has extreme passive sustain and big, bursty damage, but not a whole lot else in the defensive toolkit.  It is relatively easy to play because it can stand toe-to-toe even with hard-hitting champions and burn them down quickly.  However, it does not do as well under heavy pressure and does not recover as easily as Fire/Arcane.

Is the weakness from the weaver trait worth more than the additional hp?

29 minutes ago, Zunki.3916 said:

Is the weakness from the weaver trait worth more than the additional hp?

I find the additional health is generally low value. 

For my celestial build, I run aristocracy rune which provides might on weakness application in addition to the increased critical chance.  The build is also extremely resilient with quite a bit of armor and healing/barrier generation.  You definitely want to take the weakness trait if you're using this build.

In the case of the trailblazer/dire variants, they also have very high armor and health.  Adding more health isn't particularly necessary, in my opinion.  Although additional crit rate isn't very useful to these builds either.  You're just choosing between low-impact traits here.

The viper build is the one that can benefit the most from additional health.  However, it's also the build that deals the most power damage and is focused on maximizing damage.  You could go either way here, but when I play this build it's either in groups where I have support and sustain generally isn't a problem or in a scenario where I want maximum burn to take enemies out quickly.

So, the short answer is:  Definitely take the weakness trait if you're using the celestial build with aristocracy rune.  With any of the other builds there's nothing wrong with running the additional health if you find it helpful.

I tested out Celestial condi sword post-patch.  The power coefficient boosts weren't dramatic for a condi build, but it made an already excellent build just a little bit better.  Here's a Balthazar solo in 37 seconds:

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwAw23lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvKA-zxIY1olvQyJE6IBCpAc/gEEbg3yiSbAA-e

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, ty for the builds. I run cele version but I don't have aristocracy rune. I use on weapon sigil of might and i can quickly reach 25 stacks. Which rune you suggest? Bellfire/balthazar for example? And you suggest to switch weakness trait for hp trait? Ty and sorry for my English is bad

Edited by Dohko.5086

51 minutes ago, Dohko.5086 said:

Hi, ty for the builds. I run cele version but I don't have aristocracy rune. I use on weapon sigil of might and i can quickly reach 25 stacks. Which rune you suggest? Bellfire/balthazar for example? And you suggest to switch weakness trait for hp trait? Ty and sorry for my English is bad

Whatever you do, you want to cap burning duration.  If you think the extra health is helpful then go for it.  If not, an extra 15% crit chance and weakness application is more useful. 

2 hours ago, Dohko.5086 said:

In terms of raw dps output for a hybrid dps ele build flame Legion runes are 100% BiS if you can make use of all the burning duration it offers. If you cannot make use of all burning duration its normally better to take rune of the elementalist instead. 

If you're using weavers prowess the go to option should be rune of the elementalist (you get 100% uptime with weavers prowess, koi cakes, rune of elementalist and burning precision). If you decide to run Swift revenge (and maybe slot in some grieving armor) flame Legion runes provide better dps. 

Whenever you need to supply your own might aristocracy runes tend to be abit more efficient. 

• Thanks 1

Here's a slightly different variant of the celestial build that doesn't use Aristocracy rune, for those who don't want to farm dungeon currency.  It works just as well as far as I can tell and may actually be a little bit better because the might generation is a bit more consistent and you gain power stat from the rune.  Here it is in action.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwAw23lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvKA-zxIY1olvQyJECsAyMB08gEEbg3yiSbAA-e