Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

I tried some stuff mentioned i added gw2 to the games allowed in the windows security. Also tried starting as admin. These didn't help.

But what i seem to have does not seem to be the same as some other players i am just doing stuff around the world or some crafting and i get the error and end up in the character screen.  I can log in again but i keep getting the error and kicked off, does not seem to have to do with story. 

• Confused 1

AWS is destroying the game for me.  My in-game ping measures 360ms at best from Johannesburg SA. 

If I ping non-AWS servers directly in California (eg. sunsite.unc.edu), I get 280ms.

I wish this forum allowed graphics, and I would have pasted the report produced by https://cloudpingtest.com/aws.  It is consistently terrible, with a mean ping to California of 816ms, a minimum of 364ms, and max of 1490ms over 5 samples. 

By contrast, Google Cloud (https://cloudpingtest.com/gcp) from my location gives a mean of 297ms, a low of 292ms and a max of 300ms to California over 5 samples.

If GW2 had chosen GCP over AWS I would still have been able to play the game on my decade-old NA account.

I am sure I am far from being the only affected player.

Edited by Mores.2890
Clarification of "Ping servers in California"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2024 at 8:16 PM, Melari.4192 said:

Ok i tried to fill a support ticket but it won't accept my xdiag it keeps saying it is empty when it is not. So the ticket won't go on, what to do now? Anyone can help me please?

Tried generating a new dxdiag.log in a different location and added it to ticket? Might be a file being corrupted

After the January 9 updates, I'm also getting disconnected frequently in both WvW and PvE. (Error Code 7:11:3:202:101

I never experienced getting disconnected like this before. I can't play properly after the recent updates since I'm getting disconnected like every 5-10 mins.

Edited by Vicious JG.2547

I have also been suffering from crazy lag spikes and packet loss for many weeks now (currently EEU, luckily not much longer).

Surely my potato ISP plays a part but also some games are worse than others, that being GW2. Even MWIII runs better sometimes which means a lot 😬

Also some instances are worse than others. Weekly raids are always spikey while DS or Home Instance for example are complete clusterflux 🤡

I won't use VPN though but just wait until I will move back to WEU.

Support regarding VPN:

"We are aware that many of our players that connect from outside North America use ping-lowering proxy services to reduce their latency. While we do not expressly prohibit the use of these services, we advise our customers to use them at their own risk. The account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity."

got this error code today in PoF story instance. I got dc-ed, but my friend playing the instance with me did not. Happened again when we tried to replay the instance. 

It's pretty normal for me to DC with that error code but it's very annoying when it happens in a story instance that I then need to replay, or in WvW, etc. 

location NA. server NA.

Edited by willow.8209

On 1/12/2024 at 5:09 PM, Linahea.9160 said:

Support regarding VPN:

"We are aware that many of our players that connect from outside North America use ping-lowering proxy services to reduce their latency. While we do not expressly prohibit the use of these services, we advise our customers to use them at their own risk. The account may be blocked and subject to review especially if the proxy you use has a history of suspicious activity."

Yes, that communication is rather clear. I refuse to use VPN's too.

I have two accounts; an NA account, and an EU account.  On my EU account I get <200ms in general from Johannesburg South Africa, and that is very playable. 

For NA, I get 360ms at best in game ping from Johannesburg.  My main guild and all my in-game friends are on NA though, and my main account is useless for WVW  or anything remotely competitive. It used to be 260-300ms before AWS.  I have been sort of waiting around hoping it might improve.

Interestingly enough, https://cloudpingtest.com/aws shows AWS server in North Virginia averages 882ms for me (with a low of 370), while the other 4 USA AWS clusters are often much worse.

Still' it's clearly not a connectivity problem for my local fibre link.  The issue seems to be between South Africa and AWS  in the USA.  For the  Cape Town AWS cluster, I get around 120ms on average.

A traceroute shows my ping time to my local ISP is 3ms.  From there to OPTINET is 187ms, and the London router node is 188ms.  I can reach Atlanta with 275-280ms.  I don't know where www.ibiblio.org is hosted, but I reach that server in 276ms.  When I compare my best in game ping time of 360ms, or the average 880ms, AWS is clearly not doing anyone any favours.

I've been getting periodic disconnects over the last year -- until this week, I could expect to disconnect once or twice every couple hours or so. This past week, I can expect to disconnect (typically error code 7:11:3:202:101) about once every 5-15 minutes. The game is nearly unplayable this way. I currently have a ticket in with support, but wanted to add to the thread as well. I'm on NA, connecting from NA -- my ping hasn't been crazy when I've checked it, about 40ish.

Edited by trivet.7583

Recently my European friends who are playing on North American server been noticing a huge lag spike during the day. I remember playing with two of these friends in the  past and their pings were quite stable fluctuating between the 200-300. Today a friend of mine had a 1000+ spike exploring Path of fire map and couldn't play the game whatsoever. Past weeks during fractals my friends as well witness a huge lag variations during even fractals. Sometimes they are not forcefully disconnected, but the lag is unbearable that they might as well be since it becomes unresponsive.

I tried using support tips related to ping and route commands to no avail. and guarantee it's not the ISP as they haven't changed it it since last time we played in the past and it's specifically this game at specific periods of time.

Been playing from Brazil since 2017, since then I had rare lag spikes here and there (NA Servers), but very playable, with 120 to 160 ping.

But last month started to get occasional lag spikes. And today, it got way worse, making the game take ages to load, and freezing. I literally can't play right now.

• Thanks 1

Since the latest game update my partner and i are experiencing massive lag spikes (1000+), game freezes and disconnects from client. We have played the game for years and never had any issues before. We play from Europe on NA server. Playing the game atm is a gamble as like a few minutes ago going into lala land out of the blue at Tequatl event and not able to recover before the event was over ... no fun at all!!! Same scenario multiple times in WvW. Since we don't seem to be the only ones having these issues a fix would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

I'm playing from EU in US server and since the PVP rush event, I always get the "infinite loading" problem randomly when I moved to another map/instance/matches. I did everything trying to fix this problem but without any luck and I know it's not on my end because it also happened a very long time ago and Anet fixed the problem.

Just when I thought I'm only one from few experiencing this problem and here I am, with18 pages of GW2 players having this terrible connection issues. I play EU server, never had that problems before really. Very strange is the fact I can play and grind my game for about 4 hours or more farm Silverwaste chests, but only when I change my map or go to the newer one, I have 3-4 minutes loading screen and then disconnected information. I can play meta maps with no lags, no delays, no freezes, I do see people walking around, gathering resources, casting skills, no problem there. But still when I'm about to change my map I have too long map loading with disconnected window. When I change my maps in first ~10-15 minutes It seem to work fine, it looks like game give me enough connection to stay on one map only? when I change my map it says I lost my connection? <WTF> I did noticed also when I grind and stay on one map only for longer time I have no problem, but when I do press on "Log out > change character" it gives me instant disconnection window with the code.. .. It's becasue I love this game so much it makes me very sad that breaking my heart now

Edited by michcio.5094
updated informations
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Experienced the same connection issue from SEA.

My ping has always been high, but there is no lag problem for me if I manage to log in to the game.

However, I keep getting disconnection issues:

- When changing map, disconnected or eternal loading screen

- When starting an instance (story instance, etc.), eternal loading screen

- During World Boss fights (no prior lagging), sudden disconnection.

- When logging in, eternal loading screen.

• Sad 1

Playing from EU, server Baruch Bay (SP).
The first time i literally had no game for a week. Then some time without lag spikes, and then again. Huge lag spikes. Then less time without, and then again. And again.
I mean, this is clearly getting worse. Where is this gonna end? Do you really want me to stop playing your game so badly?

• Haha 1