Hypothetical Question

@"Randulf.7614" said:Support in the past have been forgiving with such things if you "hypothetically" did something like that

@Fenom.9457 said:Maybe if you filed a report with customer support you could get it back, otherwise if you destroy something it's gone

Thanks for the answers, I didn't actually but when I saw destroy was an option I had to ask if it was actually destroy-able.

@Decinomicon.4619 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Support in the past have been forgiving with such things if you "hypothetically" did something like that

@Fenom.9457 said:Maybe if you filed a report with customer support you could get it back, otherwise if you destroy something it's gone

Thanks for the answers, I didn't actually but when I saw destroy was an option I had to ask if it was actually destroy-able.

It is yeah. Pretty much everything is destroyable, but expensive stuff like these have a failsafe in that you have to type the full name of the item (incl any punctuation) into a pop up box before deleting. It's impossible to delete by accident

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Support in the past have been forgiving with such things if you "hypothetically" did something like that

It is yeah. Pretty much everything is destroyable, but expensive stuff like these have a failsafe in that you have to type the full name of the item (incl any punctuation) into a pop up box before deleting. It's impossible to delete by accident

Some things that are far too common also have this failsafe confirmation... cough tomesofknowledge cough

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Support in the past have been forgiving with such things if you "hypothetically" did something like that

Some things that are far too common also have this failsafe confirmation...
cough
tomesofknowledge
cough

Yes indeed. It might be universal to gem store items, but I agree some things just don't need it

@Fenom.9457 said:

cough
tomesofknowledge
cough

cough Miyani cough

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

cough
tomesofknowledge
cough

cough
Miyani
cough

Well you shouldn't have tried to delete her then!!

@Randulf.7614 said:

cough
tomesofknowledge
cough

cough
Miyani
cough

Well you shouldn't have tried to delete her then!!

She bugs me. All plus and stuff.. A serf to that dang djinn...

@Randulf.7614 said:

It's probably impossible to delete an individual item by accident, but it's worryingly easy to delete a character who is holding an item you wanted to keep, because the game will only check the character themselves, it won't alert you to any items in their inventory. Fortunately in those cases Support can help, although I think there might be limits on how far back they can go, so ideally you need to realise it's gone within a few weeks of losing it.

Alternatively it's worth being overly cautious when deleting characters. I do it frequently and always make sure I strip out absolutely all their equipment, including stuff I want to delete (because it's easier to check that all the slots on the Equipment menu are empty than to spot the one item I wanted to keep in among the ones I don't care about). Then I clear out their inventory until there's only one bag left, so I can have it all on screen at once (and work out if I want to keep any of the bags) and manually check each item which is left in there. Then I re-check their equipment menu just to be sure before logging out and deleting them.

On the other hand this can also be a good way of getting rid of items you don't want which make you type out the name to delete them, like Tomes of Knowledge. If you're deleting a character you can clear their inventory out then drop in any items you want deleted and do the whole thing in one go. As long as you're absolutely sure you want those items gone of course.

(Finally just a note - I've only heard this as a rumour among players but apparently while Support are good about restoring items deleted by accident it is done at their discretion and they can refuse if they think you're taking advantage of the system. Apparently if the same person contacts them about missing items too often (especially if it's the same items) they will say they'll only restore it once more and won't help with that problem again. So it wouldn't be a good idea to, for example, buy all the lounge passes, delete all but one of them to save space and then contact Support to restore the 'lost' item each time you feel like a change of location.)

@Danikat.8537 said:

It's probably impossible to delete an individual item by accident, but it's worryingly easy to delete a character who is holding an item you wanted to keep, because the game will only check the character themselves, it won't alert you to any items in their inventory.

I have done this with my keyrunner 4x times now.... had to rebuy his 5 keyrunner armor pieces and 2 weapons + runes/sigils every time. :) Not a big loss but an annoyance for sure, and the facepalms tend to get intenser every time I realize I did it again. :(

@Tyncale.1629 said:

It's probably impossible to delete an individual item by accident, but it's worryingly easy to delete a character who is holding an item you wanted to keep, because the game will only check the character themselves, it won't alert you to any items in their inventory.

I have done this with my keyrunner 4x times now.... had to rebuy his 5 keyrunner armor pieces and 2 weapons + runes/sigils every time. :) Not a big loss but an annoyance for sure, and the facepalms tend to get intenser every time I realize I did it again. :(

This is why I've never had dedicated equipment for keyrunners. (That and I don't do them consistently and don't want to store it in between.) I'm usually pretty good about remembering to remove everything I need to, but I also don't let them have anything I'm not willing to lose. That's gotten a lot easier since the wardrobe was added, now it is only equipment and items that go into their inventory I need to worry about so I can let them have mini pets, use skins etc. without worry but I never use infinite gathering tools or anything on them just in case I forget to remove them.

(Also when I do key runs the black lion key is always the very first thing I put into the bank. Again I doubt I'd forget, but I want to make sure.)