An Anniversary Proposal for Legendary Trinkets

@Hannelore.8153 said:It only takes a few days to farm a full set of stat-selectable Ascended trinkets from Living World maps. Some of them can even be reset to change their stats, either infinitely or through Attuning and Infusing from Fractal merchants.

You can also get permanent, resettable, stat-selectable Ascended trinkets from Fractals and WvW.

Yeah, but the WvW ones cost 25g to reset.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:It only takes a few days to farm a full set of stat-selectable Ascended trinkets from Living World maps. Some of them can even be reset to change their stats, either infinitely or through Attuning and Infusing from Fractal merchants.

You can also get permanent, resettable, stat-selectable Ascended trinkets from Fractals and WvW.

Yeah, but the WvW ones cost 25g to reset.Not if you use the pvp currency.

@snoow.1694 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:So what, you want to buy legendaries for gems when you can, you know, practically buy legendaries for gems today since gold is
by far
the biggest resource used?

I dont get it.

If gold was the issue, alot of people would run around in a complete set of legendaries, since especially people who play since release had enough time to accumulate several thousands of gold through playing and Gem Exchange. The problem aren‘t some of the other currencies either meaning T6 mats or Mystic Clovers, the problem is that some of the required materials like Legendary Divination for Coalesence which you get through playing raids or the Emblem Of Victory for Transcendence which you get for winning 120 ranked PvP matches in a season are highly game mode specific. While I for example have easy access to the latter, getting access to 125 Legendary Divination isn‘t just something I could or even would want to invest time in, for some it is maybe the other way around. I have also seen several people complain in the forum about issues with Conflux resulting from the heavy lag they experience while playing the mode. This is why I am simply asking for an Gem Store option with less „legendary“ visual effects, so that people can farm gold while playing their favorite mode and exchange them for gems or straight up invest via Credit Card

So I started my trinkets with Vision, did wvw armor, aurora, conflux, transcendence, and did slumbering conflux and ad infinitum. You don’t have to raid to get all trinkets, but Currently you do have to pvp and wvw to get them all. That said, I was fortunate to where I could grind wvw and pvp and complete these. I never played the modes before that, but once I figured them out I did them. Yes, it’s grueling, but legendaries are not supposed to be easy. I will mention to hold out for other game modes, such as fractals, lw, etc as they may release more legendary items to give players more diversity (just my opinion). But as someone who has done the work, it is not only because I wanted them, but as having one of each character profession, maxed masteries, completed story modes, I find myself turning to legendaries as an end of game goal. If you could buy from gem store it would have to be outrageously expensive so people who have put forth the effort do not feel cheated.

Just as a suggestion, you can do wvw and get legendaries simply by just taking camps if you want. You don’t have to be part of huge zerg fights where the lag can get crazy at times. Figure out how you want to play the mode and try it. PVP wins don’t have to all be done in one season, you can get it across 2 or 3 seasons if you want, progress doesn’t reset. Like I said, figure out how you want to play the game mode that works for you and just go for it. Tournaments are pretty cool if you can swing it, but I would recommend making some friends to party with so you can get a win here and there. I got my mystic coins for transcendence just by doing the tournies and making gold from them. Again, you don’t have to do tournies to make the legendary, just for the effect. Play the mode how it makes sense for you. Set a goal and go for it. I never thought I would make a legendary, as it seemed so expensive and difficult to do, but once I set a goal, and slowly worked toward it, I eventually made my first, and now I can’t stop! Great satisfaction came from being able make these.

Dear OP :) . You have another thread about implementing a gem store legendary armor with the premise that paying X bucks is legendary enough for having legendary armor.

Pretty please, stop this non-sense.

With love and good intentions to you <3

(Hi there moderators just here been a good forum poster with my wholesome post, keep looking for the bad forum people and doing a great job! =) )

Seriously, this topic again?Here's the deal: trinkets and amulet are basically extremely easy to get via eternal ice shards (convert to LS4 currency) or mist trinkets from PVP/WvW. No matter which mode you play it really isn't difficult if you reportedly spent 30K hours (really you played 30K hours and haven't figured this out yet? lol).Even before eternal ice shards, winterberries were plentiful for backpiece , rings, and accessories (even underwater aquabreather as well). Blood rubies (which grant items that can be stat reset) were changed to drop more often as well and if you really hate PvE yet don't want to PvP or WvW for mist trinkets then guess what: you can buy the Black Lion Season 3 hunter contract (since you want to pay for things in the gemstore).

Also, it is in Arenanet's interest to sell you equipment templates, so unless you bought all of them and maxed them out, I really don't understand the need for legendary trinkets in the gemstore. The Chinese version of GW2 sells +18 power +0AR infusions or something like that. They had 1st gen legendary weapon and three +16 infusions for $60 equivalent.

Anyway what stats could you possibly need to be running in PvE other than Berserker if you don't raid?

Also it's a slap in the face to anyone that actually spent effort to earn legendary trinkets the long way, if there's legendary trinkets in the gemstore. Plus let's face it , if it's in the gemstore the textures and animation will be higher quality than earned from PvP/WvW/raid/fractal (backpiece).

There's no excuse regardless of which mode you play.

I really hate these kind of suggestions because if you've ever spent any amount of time in an Asian / Korean MMO you would know this is a terrible idea and people play this to escape that.

P.S. you don't need legendary gear to play WvW.