Katanas (clickbait) already exist in the game, why aren't they made available?

xA2HJYs.jpg

Ok, so technically they're not Katanas, let's not get into that... I told you it was clickbait.

I'm just putting this out there again because they're still not for purchase/collection and I've asked once a year since 2015.

They are from HoT, wielded by Quetzal Tengu enemies.

It could be a Cantha Weaponsmith package from the gem store and include these, plus Belinda's Greatsword. Come on, its money just waiting to be made!

In-game item links;Dagger [&AgFcDgEAAA==]1h Sword [&AgGADQEAAA==]

Plus, Belinda's for those that haven't seen it: [&CtIVAAA=]

Thanks in advance ;)

• Like 1

@Astyrah.4015 said:if im not mistaken this is more like a wakizashi, basically a backup sword (think sidearm/pistol of the modern day soldier)

@The Fear.3865 said:

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:Ok, so technically they're not Katanas, let's not get into that... I told you it was clickbait.

Meh

Did I not say "Let's not get into that"? :lol:

@Astyrah.4015 said:would love to see it available ingame (hopefully via collections) or maybe we could get something similar in the upcoming expansionA Tengu related collection would be great, but I'd be perfectly willing to fork out for them too.

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:Did I not say "Let's not get into that"? :lol:

A Tengu related collection would be great, but I'd be perfectly willing to fork out for them too.

i know i know! lol but yeah something like that would be nice.

[ actually there's a lot of un-obtainable content like other weapons and armour only npcs have been able to use that Anet could recycle (maybe just a simple retexture since the assets are already there) and then made available via collections ]

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Without the "Infused" part would be nice, like Belinda's GS. Not everyone wants to look at a fireworks factory fire while they play.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Without the "Infused" part would be nice, like Belinda's GS. Not everyone wants to look at a fireworks factory fire while they play.

Agreed.

I'd like to be able to have these skins without the effects. I don't mind glows and other special effects sometimes, for me it depends on the character and the 'costume' I'm putting together for them, but in this case I'd be more likely to use these weapons without the glow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

If you look a bit longer than three seconds, you'll notice that the infused weapons use a different model than the Quetzal Tengu weapons:

The infused ones have a red cord around the grip, while the Tengu ones have a flat black wrapping.

The shapes and colours of the blades ares different.

The gold colour on the Tengu weapons is different from the yellow on the infused ones.

The hand guard on the infused ones is flat, while the Tengu skins have convex hand guards.

There is nothing dangling from the end of the Tengu weapons.

I probably missed some differences, but those five are quite obvious.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1