Why is water djinn listed as veteran?

Djinn have very health pools and high defences until you break their breakbar and unload onto them for major damage. But they don't necs hit too hard. It's been a trend since HoT that m obs have generally been getting a bit tougher with HP pools and defences

Champ djinns are much longer than most champs and legendary djinn bounties are amomgst the longest bounty fights.

But, yes they are harder fights than your average veteran. Which kinda makes sense given how powerful they are and how dangerous they could be in GW1.

As for hard vets - Mordrem Nuhoch are fairly similar. Big HP pools and some spike damage to boot

They have a permanent buff on them that gives health regen, condi cleanse, damage reductionThey can apply a debuff to you that reduces healing by 66%. This is twice the reduction from poison(33%). It is close to Agony's reduction of 70%.

Djinns in general also have the very annoying double breakbar issue where they have their bars up back to back. The bar goes back up as soon as you break which means you probably have all your CCs on cooldown so you can't actually do anything about it but more importantly it prevents you from getting any benefit of the first break.

They are pretty much the poster child for going with glass cannon build because unless you dodge all their Ice Spears your healing is probably going to be crap.

Djins are one of the strongest mobs in the game. I think when Anet showed the statistics last year, earth Djin had 44% chance of defeating players. But champion level? Not really. You can wipe them in 20-25 secs. But I see people spend close to a minute fighting giants in Cursed Shore. So, unless you know what you are doing do not go fight Djins solo.

@otto.5684 said:Djins are one of the strongest mobs in the game. I think when Anet showed the statistics last year, earth Djin had 44% chance of defeating players. But champion level? Not really. You can wipe them in 20-25 secs. But I see people spend close to a minute fighting giants in Cursed Shore. So, unless you know what you are doing do not go fight Djins solo.

Most are a waste of time to fight anyway, they don't drop anything useful or unique nor are they protecting something. The only exception I can think of is the one in Istan that is near the Sunspear Cache and sometimes rich mithril node. There is also the thing needed for skyscale but that one is not meant to be solo'ed since it involves multiple champion djinns at the same time.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@otto.5684 said:Djins are one of the strongest mobs in the game. I think when Anet showed the statistics last year, earth Djin had 44% chance of defeating players. But champion level? Not really. You can wipe them in 20-25 secs. But I see people spend close to a minute fighting giants in Cursed Shore. So, unless you know what you are doing do not go fight Djins solo.

Most are a waste of time to fight anyway, they don't drop anything useful or unique nor are they protecting something. The only exception I can think of is the one in Istan that is near the Sunspear Cache and sometimes rich mithril node. There is also the thing needed for skyscale but that one is not meant to be solo'ed since it involves multiple champion djinns at the same time.

They surely are not worth it. It is fun to go the one in Vabbi every once in a while solo.

@otto.5684 said:

They surely are not worth it. It is fun to go the one in Vabbi every once in a while solo.

As someone going for skyscale please tell me there are always plenty of players who will help me fight them?

Because a lot of people already have skyscale already.