Patch out, no balance

Lighter.5631

@Lyger.5429 said:I think > @Obindo.6802 said:

They balance 1 week after season ends.I think it's actually 2-3 weeks after the season and it will probably come with the new amulets. So either end of October early November. As much as I want a balance patch to happen, I don't know why people thought it would happen so soon, leading to disappointment.

They told us that the amulets wwould come on the 17th. (or Celestial would anyways)

They balance 1 week after season ends.I think it's actually 2-3 weeks after the season and it will probably come with the new amulets. So either end of October early November. As much as I want a balance patch to happen, I don't know why people thought it would happen so soon, leading to disappointment.

1-2 balance patches an entire year is unacceptable, whether you're expecting it or not is the true point here. For an active game with a staff dedicated to developing pvp content. there should be much more frequent updates to help polish out pvp ESPECIALLY given the timing of PoF dropping.

Let's look at the progression of the PoF drop from a PvP perspective:

1. Beta PvP Weekend to assess ideas and concerns with classes in terms of balance
  2. Literally did nothing even knowing some shit was broken
  3. Released mid-season
  4. Don't even release a balance patch quickly after the season ended

The problem isn't 4 , if you know how they balance then you should know that 4 is not a big deal and it will eventually come. This isn't the issue.

The problem is , they should have stopped at 2 and worked on it.

This is the mindset of Anet, money over having balance and an actual competitive scene... They want to keep the AP zombies hungry for PvE and they needed money to fund staff and cash out , so they pushed it through anyway.

They didn't care about the classes being imba , the beta weekend was merely a tease to get you to buy the expansion and wasn't an assessment of how the classes would be to further tweak them like they said or otherwise they would have postponed it but they care more about management and making a deadline for sales vs player base and health of the PvP scene. This is typical of a company no longer truly really caring about the playerbase and instead just trying to milk as much money of a close to dead game as possible.

The thing that keeps most people in this game is the fluidity of the combat system and the smoothness of it. It is literally the only reason most people stay around because other mmos not even BDO have been able to top the combat system like Anet has developed, so they're truly lucky they have that going for them.

@Obindo.6802 said:

Aight, thought it was 1 week, either way, it's not supposed to be when the season ends, idk why people are complaining.

Because Anet could put out a 'balance' patch when ever they want. It is their own arbitrary decision when to do it. As they haven't shows that its not a priority to them. It should be though as it is a part of the product/service that they offered and people paid good money for. Maybe they should drop the s from sPvP as claiming its structured is a bit of a stretch.

@Crinn.7864 said:

They told us that the amulets wwould come on the 17th. (or Celestial would anyways)

Correct. That was stated here - the balance part of the patch was something we hoped for, but the amulets change did not come through

@ZhouX.8742 said:

1-2 balance patches an entire year is unacceptable, whether you're expecting it or not is the true point here. For an active game with a staff dedicated to developing pvp content. there should be much more frequent updates to help polish out pvp ESPECIALLY given the timing of PoF dropping.

1. Beta PvP Weekend to assess ideas and concerns with classes in terms of balance
  2. Literally did nothing even knowing some kitten was broken
  3. Released mid-season

The problem isn't 4 , if you know how they balance then you should know that 4 is not a big deal and it will eventually come. This isn't the issue.

This is the mindset of Anet, money over having balance and an actual competitive scene... They want to keep the AP zombies hungry for PvE and they needed money to fund staff and cash out , so they pushed it through anyway.

They didn't care about the classes being imba , the beta weekend was merely a tease to get you to buy the expansion and wasn't an assessment of how the classes would be to further tweak them like they said or otherwise they would have postponed it but they care more about management and making a deadline for sales vs player base and health of the PvP scene. This is typical of a company no longer truly really caring about the playerbase and instead just trying to milk as much money of a close to dead game as possible.

The thing that keeps most people in this game is the fluidity of the combat system and the smoothness of it. It is literally the only reason most people stay around because other mmos not even BDO have been able to top the combat system like Anet has developed, so they're truly lucky they have that going for them.

I absolute agree with this. I've just gotten use to not having high expectations concerning their balance release schedule to avoid getting disappointing and I recommend others do the same. I am in no way defending Anet's negligence.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Yeah looks like it's in game now according to @Lighter.5631 , was thinking they would add it to late notes or something, as it wasn't guaranteed for today's release based on my assumption of Ben's words.

I expect so as well, but absent communication Anet just poured gasoline on the fire.

The reason why major balance changes were expected cuz majority of PoF classes are broken (mostly too weak with broken skills) with necro and warrior are clearly OP. So.. 2-3 more weeks of sPvP being a kitten mess.

Remember when off season was to have 2 balance patchs ? One to address issues of previous season, and the 2nd after feedback/test of the 1st.Now, they are not even pretending of trying. They could run seasons back to back, with a garbage patch the day of the new season, in case PvE needs it.

@Halikus.1406 said:Well... to another game until they fix this mess, in another 2 years probably, disappointed. I'm not giving chances anymore until it is playable again.In 2 years there might be a 3rd expansion. Which means, even more disgusting power creep. At this point, it can only be hilarious though.

The passion ANet puts when it comes to stabbing the dead PvP cadaver is fascinating.

@Drekor.5217 said:

The scourge change will barely be noticeable in PvP it will be noticable in PvE where you'd normally get 4 hits and now only get 1 but in PvP scourges use sand savant so at most get 2 hits and that's only if you are beside both the shade AND the necro which is often not the case.

Well, its the same with the Sand Savant, its even more of a nerf to that imo. As it could proc it three times from just that one area. Now its going to be just once, i think their will be much less people running it now that its been finally fixed. Where as before they would have to place the shades near on top of each other from them to proc from multiple ones where as they just needed one sand Savant to get the bigger area and same effect.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

2. Literally did nothing even knowing some kitten was broken
  3. Released mid-season

Completly agree with you

@ZhouX.8742 said:They didn't care about the classes being imba , the beta weekend was merely a tease to get you to buy the expansion and wasn't an assessment of how the classes would be to further tweak them like they said or otherwise they would have postponed it but they care more about management and making a deadline for sales vs player base and health of the PvP scene. This is typical of a company no longer truly really caring about the playerbase and instead just trying to milk as much money of a close to dead game as possible.

The thing that keeps most people in this game is the fluidity of the combat system and the smoothness of it. It is literally the only reason most people stay around because other mmos not even BDO have been able to top the combat system like Anet has developed, so they're truly lucky they have that going for them.Agreed.It is working as intended. Ppl buy stuff for gems -they make money.Solution is easy: stop gaming gw2. I downloaded the patch, looked up the patchnotes, and won't log in.

@Crinn.7864 said:

It did

@troops.8276 said:

@Obindo.6802 said:

Aight, thought it was 1 week, either way, it's not supposed to be when the season ends, idk why people are complaining.

Because Anet could put out a 'balance' patch when ever they want. It is their own arbitrary decision when to do it. As they haven't shows that its not a priority to them. It should be though as it is a part of the product/service that they offered and people paid good money for. Maybe they should drop the s from sPvP as claiming its structured is a bit of a stretch.

Of course they can patch whenever they want, they own the game. Afaik they've always balanced some week(s) after season so they're not deviating if that's what u mean. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived