Any word from the devs?

@"Pifil.5193" said:All those others are part of the Saga's storyline, though. Is Sunqua Peak relevant to the story? I haven't played it yet. If it's not part of the story then it's not part of the Saga and I'd still expect a LS release in October sometime.

There have been only two non-Halloween releases in October, both in the same year: Twilight Assault (October 1st, 2013) and Tower of Nightmares (October 29th, 2013) so it's rather safe to assume that we won't get a release in October, it's a "festival" month.

On the other hand, only November of 2018 didn't have a living world episode release, Rune/Sigil salvaging, new PVP map, new WVW tricks and traps and Roller Beetle Racing where added in that month, but no Living World episode. Still with 7 out of 8 Novembers having a Living World release we can easily deduce that November 2020 is the next episode release month.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:All those others are part of the Saga's storyline, though. Is Sunqua Peak relevant to the story? I haven't played it yet. If it's not part of the story then it's not part of the Saga and I'd still expect a LS release in October sometime.

There have been only two non-Halloween releases in October, both in the same year: Twilight Assault (October 1st, 2013) and Tower of Nightmares (October 29th, 2013) so it's rather safe to assume that we won't get a release in October, it's a "festival" month.

On the other hand, only November of 2018 didn't have a living world episode release, Rune/Sigil salvaging, new PVP map, new WVW tricks and traps and Roller Beetle Racing where added in that month, but no Living World episode. Still with 7 out of 8 Novembers having a Living World release we can easily deduce that November 2020 is the next episode release month.

Yeah you're right that they don't usually put a release and a festival in the same month. I suppose we'll know soon enough, one way or the other.

However, I think it is interesting that the Sunqua fractal isn't down as a "Release" on the Releases page (in the past few years fractals have come alongside LS episodes). I hope this doesn't mark a slip in LS delivery or the cannibalising of the LS teams to push the expansion.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/