Return Darkhaven's Host Server status

Jeknar.6184

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@McKenna Berdrow.2759 said:It is based on play hours and populations. Crystal Desert has a higher population and play hours than Darkhaven and that is why they are a host world and Darkhaven isn't.

is it just me or these guys just can't kill the bandwagon effect on their minds and still promotes to do so....based on play hours and populations....

wtf you mean if DH or any other low populated servers wanted to be a host server they need to bandwagon?

why not base the Hosts on their (Performance over playhours/populations), smaller servers can get a chance to become hosts based on their performance and contributions if they have better gameplay than the others

or

please reopen BG

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Take care Jek. There were only two things that gave me a chuckle 2 hours ago, and this was the other thing.

Bright side, it seems someone at Anet - Wvw still reads these forums.

SF Linked with Mag was the other one I'm assuming... Hey, at least we have a chance to do the Coup and take over CD.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Take care Jek. There were only two things that gave me a chuckle 2 hours ago, and this was the other thing.

SF Linked with Mag was the other one I'm assuming... Hey, at least we have a chance to do the Coup and take over CD.

About time.

@shiri.4257 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

About time.

Kasumei plz... Arena Net just demoted Darkhaven down to High... I might commit sudoku at this point.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@JoEWas.1409 said:If they want to have 12 host servers, why don't they bring down the total servers to 12, this could help intra-server communities grow again. There are ways it could be done.

Their response will likely be cause with the server links they can "help to balance" population discrepances... We can just look at T1 or T4 NA and see that it is working wonders.

/s

... And the sad thing about all of this is that despite the fact that they relink based on some sort of metric that's apparently supposed to result in a decent balance after each relink at least... it doesn't work. The imbalance is terrible in some cases.. it doesn't solve the problem of some servers sandbagging.. or people bandwagoning to linked servers and so on and so on. After all is said and done, even though the relinking will continue.. it too is a failure. It killed server pride (that so many people laugh about because they never had any to begin with); it killed a lot of communities.. and it really killed the desire for a lot of people to actually care about defending, supporting etc. What I see a LOT of is divisive map/team chat, infighting (and I'm talking about the current host we're linked with [who it is, is not relevant atm since I hear about it from other people on other servers as well]). Lots and lots of apparent field fights which really are nothing more than people mobbing up killing each other all day long mindlessly.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the way WvW was thought of when it was designed, but it's sure what it's become. Yes I can still roam and get some small fights here and there but these days it's a lot more about dealing with the ganky thiefs (that aren't too hard to kill a lot of the time, except for ones that actually KNOW the class)... and figuring out how to take down a camp or tower before being ganked by a mob ...

After all is said and done... I remain on my original home server and enjoy people I like, but server pride? pfft... yelling out for help and expecting it most of the time? not so much either... Relinking isn't working, making it all 12 new servers won't work either unless all servers are closed for transfer and people forced to stay where they are.. which also won't work.. in the end.. it's a lousy set up but still I find ways to have fun with friends and don't care about scores that really don't matter at all!

Archived