Update to Black Lion Vouchers Incoming?

I've got the Black Lion Backpack & Glider, Weapons and Outfit Vouchers sitting in my bank from the Anniversary Box along with an Exclusive Mount Selection from a lucky BL find a while ago. I just wondered whether these will ever be updated with the new skins/items?

I'm perfectly fine if there's no plans to ever update them but I'd hate to pick an option I'd be 'okay with' then see an awesome skin become available shortly afterwards!

@"Thereon.3495" said:Well I put in a ticket asking the question and was told to throw it to the forums as I've a better chance of getting a response. Just sitting on them is a huge waste as I don't mind using them, just need to know if an update is incoming.

You will only find out (from the Devs) if an update to the vouchers is coming on the day it is released (in the Game Update Notes), most likely.

You can peruse this page to (somewhat) ascertain when the vouchers have been updated in the past: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Black_Lion_Voucher_Dealer&action=history

Good luck.

I'm not sure about the others because I've never paid attention to them but I think the outfit voucher is only updated when it becomes available again, which is roughly once a year. I suspect it's the same for the others.

I'm holding onto an outfit voucher too, waiting for either new ones to be added or something to make me want one of the currently available ones.

Any idea why one of the few good looking outfits was recently REMOVED from the universal outfit ticket?Ebon Vanguard Elite Outfit was still there about a week ago and now it's missing.It's still in outfit wardrobe and I got no explanation from anet support.

Kind of pisses me off as I was seriously considering picking it and the next day it was just gone.So much for "select your choice of any outfit released up to"...

Well, I'd call false advertising, if the item clearly states that it allows selection from all outfits and yet, there's a whole bunch of them missing by now (including the one recently removed).What doesn't make sense to me, is why that one and why now. Especially now with all the Ebon-related content released lately.All they are going to get this way is more casual players who just don't give @#$% about weapon/outfit tickets, expecting some sort of limited selection.The worst thing is, that I meet at least one person wearing it each day, as if they knew. Guess I'm just looking out for them by now but still...

@Thereon.3495 said:I guess the answer seems to be hold out until you want something > spend the voucher > regret it soon ater when they update! Anyways thanks for the replies :)Well, this time the joke is on me for taking a damn day taking a pick properly instead of grabbing the first nice thing.Thx, ANet.

@Gusko.2584 said:Well, I'd call false advertising, if the item clearly states that it allows selection from all outfits and yet, there's a whole bunch of them missing by now (including the one recently removed).What doesn't make sense to me, is why that one and why now. Especially now with all the Ebon-related content released lately.All they are going to get this way is more casual players who just don't give @#$% about weapon/outfit tickets, expecting some sort of limited selection.The worst thing is, that I meet at least one person wearing it each day, as if they knew. Guess I'm just looking out for them by now but still...

@Thereon.3495 said:I guess the answer seems to be hold out until you want something > spend the voucher > regret it soon ater when they update! Anyways thanks for the replies :)Well, this time the joke is on me for taking a kitten day taking a pick properly instead of grabbing the first nice thing.Thx, ANet.

The item also clearly states: Anniversary gifts and Black Lion exclusives not included.

@"Gusko.2584" said:Any idea why one of the few good looking outfits was recently REMOVED from the universal outfit ticket?Ebon Vanguard Elite Outfit was still there about a week ago and now it's missing.It's still in outfit wardrobe and I got no explanation from anet support.

Kind of pisses me off as I was seriously considering picking it and the next day it was just gone.So much for "select your choice of any outfit released up to"...

Excuse me what? That outfit was a rare drop from the black lion chests a few months ago, the vouchers never puts any exclusive outfits, or skins that never were on sale with gems on the trading post.

Besides, the voucher updates every august with all the gemstore outfits launched on that span of time, right now we're missing all the outfits that got released after this annivesary sales.

And I repeat, with this vouchers you can only pick skins that has been sold on the gemstore before.

Sadly, I didn't consider making screenshots of the entire selection by the time. Should have just picked it back then and be done with it.I would say that "perhaps next time" but then again, posting it here was as helpful as contacting the game support.GL & HF, I'm outa here...

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to necro an old post of mine but I just so happened to remember that we never did get an official answer to the question. Rather than make a new post I wondered whether an admin could maybe find the answer for us?

As I said if the answer is that they won't ever be updated that's also fine as I know I can spend them. They're just sitting in my bank at the moment waiting for an answer.

@Thereon.3495 said:I'm sorry to necro an old post of mine but I just so happened to remember that we never did get an official answer to the question. Rather than make a new post I wondered whether an admin could maybe find the answer for us?

As I said if the answer is that they won't ever be updated that's also fine as I know I can spend them. They're just sitting in my bank at the moment waiting for an answer.

As explained last time you wont get an answer. Devs do not answer these kind of things. But given the age and the amount of changes, the answer would very likely be no.

@Thereon.3495 said:Thanks for the replies but I'd rather hear that from someone at ANET. I read what was said last time but I see no reason why someone in the know cannot just write ' There are plans to update/There are no plans to update'.

Because if they say it will happen.Then someone will be here tomorrow asking why havent it happen yet anet, broken promises bla bla bla.

And if they say it wont happen.it will be an outcry that anet dont care about their consumers why are they so evil etc etc.

So better to say nothing at all right?

@Linken.6345 said:

@Thereon.3495 said:Thanks for the replies but I'd rather hear that from someone at ANET. I read what was said last time but I see no reason why someone in the know cannot just write ' There are plans to update/There are no plans to update'.

Because if they say it will happen.Then someone will be here tomorrow asking why havent it happen yet anet, broken promises bla bla bla.

And if they say it wont happen.it will be an outcry that anet dont care about their consumers why are they so evil etc etc.

So better to say nothing at all right?

Or if they say there are currently no plans to update it someone will bump this topic up in 6 months to complain that they used it because Anet said it would never be updated ever again and if they'd known that would change 6 months down the line they'd have kept it.

But it's probably impossible for them to say now what will happen that far out, or especially when it will happen because all kinds of things can change their plans. When my predecessor was doing my job she had no plans to change a lot of things, but then she retired, her manager got a new job and the new people who came in to replace them (me and my manager) had different ideas about priorities and how to run things, so things which were never going to be changed now are (and IMO should have been years ago, but anyway).

I've still got my outfit voucher. I'm waiting until the next time it's updated, then I'll decide from that selection. Right now the best I could do is pick one I wouldn't mind using but might never actually choose, if they update it I might get one I like.

So I'm very specifically talking about a set of vouchers gained in the Anniversary pack a fair few months back. I'd be willing be bet that the vast majority that bought the pack have already used their vouchers in which case if they update them there might be some unhappy folk. But equally saying nothing means that those that saved them are currently unhappy as they don't know what is going to happen with regards to updating and are just sitting on the vouchers.

From a game perspective, and keeping everyone happy, I'd actually say that I personally wouldn't mind if they didn't update them and but either way they need to say this. They've since released a Dragon's Watch set containing similar vouchers and with this set you KNOW it's a limited selection because of the subject of the pack. The Black Lion Vouchers are different and there has been gem store items since that could have been added to the voucher but were not.