What really makes WvW stale for you?

grave of hearts.7830

Geopolitics/artificial competition, for lack of better words. I understand being in certain tiers can offer a more balanced matchup, but if the server I'm with purposely throws matchups, allow our home borders to remain derelict all while EBG has a consistent que and barely gain territory beyond our keep, and both opposing servers double team us on all fronts with impunity. That makes me question the point of even trying.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Svarty.8019 said:Giant zergs karma training vs barely any defenders.

BORING! That's not the point at all.

well that's 50% the link system's fault, since it create messed up populations all the time

50% it is also the playerbase's fault. people play selfish classes and cloud zergs. any real fights get therefore impossible for the side of the clouders. u kinda drown the enemy in your bodies, which fails if the numbers of the zerg are big enough or if a strong core of players just avoid the kite-clouding.

we had the last several weeks full maps (~70 people) with barely 30 people in the fighting squad, against often two 20-25 (each) guildgroups. nobody knows what the 35 roamers on these maps do... but it's not helpful.

sometimes these people even defend empty paper objectives... well, please don't wonder if u get ganked there. plus, to fight specific sized enemy groups, u need a specific size and group composition as well. no comm leads his group into suicide, especially since the points matter pretty much not at all. it's, as u said, only karmatraining.

people sadly don't take the mode serious, therefore bring random and not effective stuff, leading to a difficult environment for everyone. Wvw is designed for largescale pvp, mass-pvp. big numbers... ideally.

it's kinda anets fault that they don't make zergsize more rewarding. i mean, it technically is yet, but it's not obvious to many players, i guess. u cannot farm levels similarily fast like a full wipe of a 50 player group.