wvw - whats with the zerg meta build

Stand The Wall.6987

i can't figure this thing out. there are no heals (the heal well doesn't count), barely any cleanses, and yet its labeled as a support. why even go minstrel if you can't support lol? might as well go damage and at least contribute a little instead of being a complete dead zone of heal/ damage contribution. now if you grab mantra heal spammer, thats something i can understand.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:i can't figure this thing out. there are no heals (the heal well doesn't count), barely any cleanses, and yet its labeled as a support. why even go minstrel if you can't support lol? might as well go damage and at least contribute a little instead of being a complete dead zone of heal/ damage contribution. now if you grab mantra heal spammer, thats something i can understand.

This is why "some" Mesmers on here who push others in the wrong direction should have their advice taken not literally. I'm usually in WvW and I usually run Pwr Chrono when I'm roaming alone or with groups. But since the majority of the time I'm helping the allied zerg, I'm 99.9% of the time going damage and picking off their backline or downed. THAT's how we support our team by just focusing on the weak ones and bursting them down to dwindle their numbers. There's really no point in running support unless perhaps Anet gives up a ton of healing and support skills for our next E-Spec, REGARDLESS of the 'few' utility skills that we can bring, they aren't exactly necessary when with an ally zerg unless coordinated otherwise.

Everyone has different playstyles so if you excel and contribute more as a DPS chrono then I'd rather you go that. Support chrono and taking:

• Veil that's cooldown is super long just for a 2s stealth is not worth it and will usually be replaced with Scrappers Stealth Gyro.
  • Null Field? Again, why tell another Mesmer to bring something that only strips 1 boon at a time as opposed to Phantasmal Disenchanter that removes 5 boons and bounces 4 times. If Null Field did THAT then it'd be worth taking, other than that, if you're boon stripping, I'd take PD and if I'm condi cleansing, I'm taking MoR.
  • Portal. Lastly, it's situational and depends on if you're communicating through discord and what not. But the majority of the time, Portals = Death in a lot of people's eyes, so, I wouldn't bother to take it with you unless told otherwise.

If I wasn't DPSing and decided to go as a support, the skills I'd probably take with me are:Illusion of LifePhantasmal DisenchanterFeedbackMimicGravity Welland Blink (which I feel is a must to have a break stun and a great emergency button if the enemy team does a surprise ambush on you).

tl:dw-chrono has shit damage and healing-chrono brings top tier CC, strips, and utility-it's best to gear chrono with whatever gear allows them to survive the longest in melee so they can strip/immob the most effectively with no-clone shatters-boon duration for permanent personal alacrity allows you to rotate strips/veil/iol/CS/grav well faster

• Thanks 1

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABw2x7lNwsYTYl44KZ36A-z1YYvghJmPpHKigKAfnF/2sA-w

thats what i would run for support if i had a choice. mantra is a nice lil 5k heal. get paired with a divinergade.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx7lJwuYMYl4oal2cB-zVZYBKGyXUpAQBnJxQJY7coPDA-w

damage, get paired with divinergade again. decent boon strips and damage.

• 3 weeks later...

@Tseison.4659 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:i can't figure this thing out. there are no heals (the heal well doesn't count), barely any cleanses, and yet its labeled as a support. why even go minstrel if you can't support lol? might as well go damage and at least contribute a little instead of being a complete dead zone of heal/ damage contribution. now if you grab mantra heal spammer, thats something i can understand.

This is why "some" Mesmers on here who push others in the wrong direction should have their advice taken not literally. I'm usually in WvW and I usually run Pwr Chrono when I'm roaming alone or with groups. But since the majority of the time I'm helping the allied zerg, I'm 99.9% of the time going damage and picking off their backline or downed. THAT's how we support our team by just focusing on the weak ones and bursting them down to dwindle their numbers. There's really no point in running support unless perhaps Anet gives up a ton of healing and support skills for our next E-Spec, REGARDLESS of the 'few' utility skills that we can bring, they aren't exactly necessary when with an ally zerg unless coordinated otherwise.

Everyone has different playstyles so if you excel and contribute more as a DPS chrono then I'd rather you go that. Support chrono and taking:
  • Veil
    that's cooldown is super long just for a 2s stealth is not worth it and will usually be replaced with Scrappers Stealth Gyro.
  • Null Field?
    Again, why tell another Mesmer to bring something that only strips 1 boon at a time as opposed to Phantasmal Disenchanter that removes 5 boons and bounces 4 times. If Null Field did THAT then it'd be worth taking, other than that, if you're boon stripping, I'd take PD and if I'm condi cleansing, I'm taking MoR.
  • Portal.
    Lastly, it's situational and depends on if you're communicating through discord and what not. But the majority of the time, Portals = Death in a lot of people's eyes, so, I wouldn't bother to take it with you unless told otherwise.

If I wasn't DPSing and decided to go as a support, the skills I'd probably take with me are:
Illusion of LifePhantasmal DisenchanterFeedbackMimicGravity Welland Blink
(which I feel is a must to have a break stun and a great emergency button if the enemy team does a surprise ambush on you).

Yeah I been playing a powerblocker lately not because its amazing, but because I can imagine the frustration of short cool downs becoming long cool downs with the CC spam ?10k crits on hammer rev was exciting but I can get into this new high after seeing multiple INTERRUPT messages popping up too ?

It's because metabattle sucks. Builds are made by people with poor game knowledge and/or maths, and admins rabidly delete negative comments and ratings they don't agree with.

It's not a true representation of the true meta or community sentiment.

You're completely correct that MB's "support chrono meta build" is total garbage, but hey, some people can't think for themselves so it gives these kinds of people something to copy.

@Justine.6351 said:

• Veil
    that's cooldown is super long just for a 2s stealth is not worth it and will usually be replaced with Scrappers Stealth Gyro.
  • Null Field?
    Again, why tell another Mesmer to bring something that only strips 1 boon at a time as opposed to Phantasmal Disenchanter that removes 5 boons and bounces 4 times. If Null Field did THAT then it'd be worth taking, other than that, if you're boon stripping, I'd take PD and if I'm condi cleansing, I'm taking MoR.
  • Portal.
    Lastly, it's situational and depends on if you're communicating through discord and what not. But the majority of the time, Portals = Death in a lot of people's eyes, so, I wouldn't bother to take it with you unless told otherwise.

If I wasn't DPSing and decided to go as a support, the skills I'd probably take with me are:
Illusion of LifePhantasmal DisenchanterFeedbackMimicGravity Welland Blink
(which I feel is a must to have a break stun and a great emergency button if the enemy team does a surprise ambush on you).

Yeah I been playing a powerblocker lately not because its amazing, but because I can imagine the frustration of short cool downs becoming long cool downs with the CC spam ?10k crits on hammer rev was exciting but I can get into this new high after seeing multiple INTERRUPT messages popping up too ?

Yes my friend, power block with draining sigil ;)

@scerevisiae.1972 said:

It's because metabattle sucks. Builds are made by people with poor game knowledge and/or maths, and admins rabidly delete negative comments and ratings they don't agree with.

It's not a true representation of the true meta or community sentiment.

You're completely correct that MB's "support chrono meta build" is total garbage, but hey, some people can't think for themselves so it gives these kinds of people something to copy.

Rofl yeah they had backline shiro hammer rev as meta 6 months after everyone stopped playing it. Think they just swapped in Jalis and kept calling it backline hammer rev like it was the same build and gameplay...