Daredevil Dodge-Stomp Problems

Oglaf.1074

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:There is an option that automatically casts ground targeted attacks right on top of your current target.

I wasn't aware that dodges counted for that?

I'm not talking about Staff 5 here.

Oh I see. Yeah for those you really need to aim them. But then it would not be a good idea to burn dodges just to repeatedly hit someone with them.

Go hit a Golem with whatever weapons you use to get a feel for the Range of them. Then try and sit at that maximum range and dodge in the right direction, you're almost guaranteed to hit like that.Many Thieves will just stand as close to a target as possible automatically, but for no reason. So find the distance you can be at, and practice it on golems for a little while, then move on to moving targets. It's really not too difficult, good luck! :)

@Oglaf.1074 said:I'm having real hard time actually hitting mobs with this in PvE, not being able to properly land ontop of them.

Anyone have any tips on how to pull it off repeatedly?

Turn your camera and hit forward while you dodge. You can even hit backward to recenter your character as well. Takes some practice, but eventually it'll become second nature to you.

Remember after you dodge you can use staff 3 w/out an aftercast then use Vault w/out one too. So Dodge, 3, 5 is a nice combo to pump out some good damage in the middle of a pack of mobs. Another thing you need to learn is how to jump 3. This will cancel out the dodge back but keep the evade frame so you can stay on the target

if this is bounding dodge your talking about. You can dodge before using any form of teleport/shadowstep. this can help you if you want an engagestomp stomping more after that should be easy as your right infront of them you can dodge through them hitting right on them if at a wall or right behind them if not still getting them in the aoe :). Definitly try these as combo and timing is what you need to be effective as a follow teef (thief) ;). Skills i suggest to keep for pve stomps are infiltrator signet and shadow step, and use your steal ;) thats 3 basic teles to land dead on and it looks fancy :D.

@Alatar.7364 said:Press and hold your right mouse button, your character will then dodge in the direction your camera is facing.

I got stuck playing in R mouse half the time from shooters so I never think about it but that's a good point if you'r not already doing that. If action camera could pan better that might help a bit.

@kash.9213 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:Press and hold your right mouse button, your character will then dodge in the direction your camera is facing.

I got stuck playing in R mouse half the time from shooters so I never think about it but that's a good point if you'r not already doing that. If action camera could pan better that might help a bit.

I play using action camera and (off the top of my head) I believe the default dodge is still backwards. If you meant that it would just be easier to aim because forward is always where your camera is pointed instead of disconnected from it if you're looking around using L-click, then I second your advice. (Although it's been so long since I played with default I don't remember if dodge direction is relative to camera or character facing.) My alternate games are mainly similar to how action camera works so it feels more natural to me.

Archived