Is PvP the worst game mode ?

I play every game mode of gw2 but PvP is the one a like the less, I'm close to hate it. This game mode got so much issue, people being AFK or simply not connecting to the game, the fact that you must play top tier build to not get destroyed, most of the time your allies are just bad, and most of the time game are not close and end up 500 to 100. I want to says that i got some bad PvP experiences but i'm at 150 game and it's always the same !

@Raven Wings.8379 said:I play every game mode of gw2 but PvP is the one a like the less, I'm close to hate it. This game mode got so much issue, people being AFK or simply not connecting to the game, the fact that you must play top tier build to not get destroyed, most of the time your allies are just bad, and most of the time game are not close and end up 500 to 100. I want to says that i got some bad PvP experiences but i'm at 150 game and it's always the same !

Don't worry my friend, patch incoming! This upcoming patch will fix everything you'll see, here just a list of changes you should expect and that will improve your PvP experience :

1) Elementalist :-Obsidian Flesh CD increase from 60 to 120s, plus you can get interrupted while channeling-Base healing reduced by a further 60% down from base 1k water burst-Signet of Restoration heal reduced from 170 to 60-Stone Resonance barrier reduced to 120 from 500

2)Revenant-Infuse Light CD increased by 1/2s from 30s , up to 30 and 1/2s CD-Facet of Strenght might duration reduced by 1/4s from 6 and 1/2s, to compensate might stacks increased from 1 stack to 5-Seven shot torment duration reduced by 3/4s

3)Engineer-Purity of Purpose added 1s ICD

This is the list of changes so far, more changes will come!

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Raven Wings.8379 said:I play every game mode of gw2 but PvP is the one a like the less, I'm close to hate it. This game mode got so much issue, people being AFK or simply not connecting to the game, the fact that you must play top tier build to not get destroyed, most of the time your allies are just bad, and most of the time game are not close and end up 500 to 100. I want to says that i got some bad PvP experiences but i'm at 150 game and it's always the same !

Don't worry my friend, patch incoming! This upcoming patch will fix everything you'll see, here just a list of changes you should expect and that will improve your PvP experience :

1) Elementalist :-Obsidian Flesh CD increase from 60 to 120s, plus you can get interrupted while channeling-Base healing reduced by a further 60% down from base 1k water burst-Signet of Restoration heal reduced from 170 to 60-Stone Resonance barrier reduced to 120 from 500

2)Revenant-Infuse Light CD increased by 1/2s from 30s , up to 30 and 1/2s CD-Facet of Strenght might duration reduced by 1/4s from 6 and 1/2s, to compensate might stacks increased from 1 stack to 5-Seven shot torment duration reduced by 3/4s

3)Engineer-Purity of Purpose added 1s ICD

This is the list of changes so far, more changes will come!

dont forget the nerfs to core engi and core ele traitlines

There is not much ppl playing pvp, this is the reason of bots season and the reason of little attention to ban for chat stuff or afk ppl. I think pvp make no advantage to anet and they are not interested to improve it so much.

BUT! If they are thinking to Steam release this situation could change, or the game will be immediatly set aside and bombed with bad reviews.

Anet has abandoned PvP when Stronghold was released in 2015. They have shifted resources away from PvP. As result the player base has decreased over the years. There is neither enough effort to do proper balancing nor to keep a healthy playground. As a veteran player (10k+ matches) I go AFK quite often now. I know its bad and will discourage newer player. I guess its the last step before stop playing ...