Deadeye = official weakest elite class

Fxthaid.4832

@Barzah.8019 said:Deadeye Rifle is actually quite good, it's the malice system that actually build a huge wall around it. If you play Deadeye Rifle long enough, you will realize that the fastest way to get max malice stack is pretty much contradict with Rifle general strategy itself. Unlike pistol unload tactic, rifle reward player that wait and act only when needed and then just disappear once again. UNFORTUNATELY, the current malice system were built toward aggressive player which mean that you will get punished when trying to utilize the rifle advantages which COUNT AS PURE STUPIDITY!!

Not exactly. If I think about Malice I think about getting frustrated and angry that my target is not dead yet, which is, flavor-wise, very appropriate to its mechanics. The longer the fight, the more frustrated I am and the more damage I deal out of anger. It's perfect.

Now as a Sniper DE, you don't really need to build up Malice to deal a lot of damage. If you have enough Power, Prec, and Ferocity, that crit hit will end the fight fast... sometimes very fast.

I have no gripe about the Malice system but I have a gripe on DE Mark.

In my opinion, Malice build-up should be independent of DE Mark, meaning the Deadeye should be able to build-up Malice while in combat without requiring the DE Mark. The DE Mark should only speed up the process -- it should not be the pre-requisite.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Barzah.8019 said:Deadeye Rifle is actually quite good, it's the malice system that actually build a huge wall around it. If you play Deadeye Rifle long enough, you will realize that the fastest way to get max malice stack is pretty much contradict with Rifle general strategy itself. Unlike pistol unload tactic, rifle reward player that wait and act only when needed and then just disappear once again.
UNFORTUNATELY
, the current malice system were built toward aggressive player which mean that you will get
punished
when trying to utilize the rifle advantages which COUNT AS PURE STUPIDITY!!

Not exactly. If I think about Malice I think about getting frustrated and angry that my target is not dead yet, which is, flavor-wise, very appropriate to its mechanics. The longer the fight, the more frustrated I am and the more damage I deal out of anger. It's perfect.

Now as a Sniper DE, you don't really need to build up Malice to deal a lot of damage. If you have enough Power, Prec, and Ferocity, that crit hit will end the fight fast... sometimes very fast.

In my opinion, Malice build-up should be independent of DE Mark, meaning the Deadeye should be able to build-up Malice while in combat without requiring the DE Mark. The DE Mark should only speed up the process -- it should not be the pre-requisite.

So F3 marks yourself or it builds up passively?

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Barzah.8019 said:Deadeye Rifle is actually quite good, it's the malice system that actually build a huge wall around it. If you play Deadeye Rifle long enough, you will realize that the fastest way to get max malice stack is pretty much contradict with Rifle general strategy itself. Unlike pistol unload tactic, rifle reward player that wait and act only when needed and then just disappear once again.
UNFORTUNATELY
, the current malice system were built toward aggressive player which mean that you will get
punished
when trying to utilize the rifle advantages which COUNT AS PURE STUPIDITY!!

So F3 marks yourself or it builds up passively?

Deadeye's Gaze should build up Malice in combat, so yes passively.

@Fxthaid.4832 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:From a damage standpoint, Deadeye still has Scrapper and Herald beat, as well as power Reaper.

Not really. Deadeye's full damage WITH a rifle requires you to be stationary, not to mention anyone can block and dodge your shots, which waste your initiative.

The BEST Deadeye build revolves around Dual Pistols and permaswiftness:

This is the build I use for primarily pvp. You can pretty much burst down anyone super fast, provided that necro's don't catch up to you

How are you recovering initiative so fast!? Quick Pockets adds some, mercy adds some, and initiative-on-steal adds some. Is that it? Or am I missing something else?

• Sele

@Selendile.9106 said:

@Fxthaid.4832 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:From a damage standpoint, Deadeye still has Scrapper and Herald beat, as well as power Reaper.

Not really. Deadeye's full damage WITH a rifle requires you to be stationary, not to mention anyone can block and dodge your shots, which waste your initiative.

This is the build I use for primarily pvp. You can pretty much burst down anyone super fast, provided that necro's don't catch up to you

How are you recovering initiative so fast!? Quick Pockets adds some, mercy adds some, and initiative-on-steal adds some. Is that it? Or am I missing something else?
  • Sele

Unload refunds Initiatives if all bullet hits.

@Selendile.9106 said:

@Fxthaid.4832 said:

• Sele

Unload refunds Initiatives if all bullet hits.

Ahhh yes!! Forgot about that. lol Thanks!

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Not exactly. If I think about Malice I think about getting frustrated and angry that my target is not dead yet, which is, flavor-wise, very appropriate to its mechanics. The longer the fight, the more frustrated I am and the more damage I deal out of anger. It's perfect.

Malice = the intention or desire to do evil; ill will.Just like the description, your hate toward your target will gradually build up until you are angry enough to deliver the killing blow. Gameplay wise, It is Pure stupidity that you need average of 13-15 second to maximize your potential damage, while other build/ class able to do it bellow 10 second.

And no, even with power spec + revealed training + assassin's signet, rifle output (both damage and initiative wise) at early phase were still quite low. In this case, trying to spend everything vs elite mob/ toughness player as early while using rifle as possible is not recommended at all. Building up malice is still the best way to make rifle effective, but the current malice system pretty much punish you for doing that.

@Barzah.8019 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Not exactly. If I think about Malice I think about getting frustrated and angry that my target is not dead yet, which is, flavor-wise, very appropriate to its mechanics. The longer the fight, the more frustrated I am and the more damage I deal out of anger. It's perfect.

Malice = the intention or desire to do evil; ill will.Just like the description, your hate toward your target will gradually build up until you are angry enough to deliver the killing blow. Gameplay wise, It is Pure stupidity that you need average of 13-15 second to maximize your potential damage, while other build/ class able to do it bellow 10 second.

Malice maxes out in 10 seconds if you're actively attacking. Even faster if you spec Revealed Malice.

And no, even with power spec + revealed training + assassin's signet, rifle output (both damage and initiative wise) at early phase were still quite low. In this case, trying to spend everything vs elite mob/ toughness player as early while using rifle as possible is not recommended at all. Building up malice is still the best way to make rifle effective, but the current malice system pretty much punish you for doing that.

Revealed Training + Revealed Malice + BQoBK + Assassin Sig + Hidden Killer + Valkerie Gears + Wurm Rune + DJ deals an insane amount of damage. The problem is, nobody carry both DA and CS, but the damage is there.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Malice maxes out in 10 seconds if you're actively attacking. Even faster if you spec Revealed Malice.Which weapon are we talking about? rifle max malice can be achieved around 8 second at the cost of blewing up of the core skill ammunition A.K.A Sniper Cover + Malevicent 7 trait and around 6 to 10 initiative (+1 triple tap for catching up with the timer) and im definitely not going to recommend this method since you only got 1 window for unloading the DJ which can be easily screwed by both range bug & situation. Also you didn't count other variable such as dodging AOE zone/ repositioning/ attack that failed to connect, which is why the general time for player to get max malice stack is pretty much above 10 second.

Also being "active" while using rifle only work when your opponent doesn't even know that you're exist.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Revealed Training + Revealed Malice + BQoBK + Assassin Sig + Hidden Killer + Valkerie Gears + Wurm Rune + DJ deals an insane amount of damage. The problem is, nobody carry both DA and CS, but the damage is there.

Yep that setup work really good when you are in huge group or when you fight training dummies. BQoBK on rifle does better job at taking down trash mob/ glass cannon player while the setup suffer vs veteran++ mob or toughness spec. No precision bonus & Hidden killer means that your optimal damage window is pretty much less than 4 second while you need to sacrifice kneel/ shadow meld if your target isn't dead. And yes, i know that this spec is pretty much focused toward pistol unload rather than rifle :)

And the reason why barely anyone carry both DA and CS while using rifle (yep been there done that, and im glad that i didn't use this combo again) is that this spec does not provide any defensive ability for you, and that's really bad when you're wielding rifle. Based on my experience, you need at least pick either trickery / Shadow Art (or take both and become almost permastealth spec) in order to make your rifle thief last more longer.

tldr; being aggresive 24/7 is not the best strategy when you use rifle, having 0 defensive trait / utility mean any random enemy droping their attack on you is pretty much a death sentence, other power weapon spec does better early damage output on using Revealed Training + Revealed Malice + BQoBK + Assassin Sig + Hidden Killer + Valkerie Gears + Wurm Rune.

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

Using QT's context, the difference between Condi DD (34k) and Power DE (31k) is 3k in small hitbox. That's not what you can consider as "bad damage" when the bottom number is 9k.

you're comparing a build optimized around dealing dps to a support build

That's like comparing an assault rifle to a water pistol

@Smite.3087 said:

Using QT's context, the difference between Condi DD (34k) and Power DE (31k) is 3k in small hitbox. That's not what you can consider as "bad damage" when the bottom number is 9k.

For the person you are quoting, they weren't even using the rifle in those number tests, so I can't take it seriously when the rifle is the only I care about with the DE. QTY was using d/d which goes against my play-style.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

For the person you are quoting, they weren't even using the rifle in those number tests, so I can't take it seriously when the rifle is the only I care about with the DE. QTY was using d/d which goes against my play-style.

With the damage and the way Rifle plays, I doubt you'll see much use of it in raids, ever.

@Smite.3087 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

With the damage and the way Rifle plays, I doubt you'll see much use of it in raids, ever.

That's why it needs a buff. I already talked hands over heels on other threads about this, but the buff will come to make the damage 33k in PvE. The meta is too melee centric at the moment, so the rifle needs to be added to that level to move away from melee centricness.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

This thread is about DE. Rifle has its own separate issue.

@Smite.3087 said:

They are one and the same. The weapon the elite spec comes with is just as part of the discussion as the spec itself. You can't have one without the other.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

They are one and the same. The weapon the elite spec comes with is just as part of the discussion as the spec itself. You can't have one without the other.

Actually, you can. While Rifle requires Deadeye, Deadeye doesn't require you to use Rifle. I think Deadeye as a spec has its place and just needs some numbers tweaked. Rifle, however, has some serious flaws which make it very weak in most circumstances.

@RoterFuchs.9216 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

Actually, you can. While Rifle requires Deadeye, Deadeye doesn't require you to use Rifle. I think Deadeye as a spec has its place and just needs some numbers tweaked. Rifle, however, has some serious flaws which make it very weak in most circumstances.

What's the point of the spec without rifle though? There isn't one because they designed it with rifle in mind. It like going to a wine store and getting a beer instead. It totally misses the point of the spec which is why rifle buffs and DE are intermittently linked.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

I hated Staff, yet I played DD spec with P/P. Now I'm doing the same with DE.

I like moving around and Rifle is counterproductive for my playstyle.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@RoterFuchs.9216 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

What's the point of the spec without rifle though? There isn't one because they designed it with rifle in mind. It like going to a wine store and getting a beer instead. It totally misses the point of the spec which is why rifle buffs and DE are intermittently linked.

What's the point of Dragonhunter without the bow? Oh right, It's a seriously great spec and the bow actually makes it weaker. Same deal with Deadeye and rifle. I've played through the entire PoF content (story + map completions) using rifle. It was kind of fun, but whenever I was in a pinch I swapped to D/P and just had so much more survivability and damage. Same deal with P/P. It simply out-damages rifle by a lot, doesn't hog as much initiative and provides hard cc for bosses. The deadeye spec is viable without rifle. Rifle in and of itself, however, is not, which is why you should take a look at them separately.

Also, the Deadeye specialization is more about malice than it is about rifle. Rifle has one skill which works in tandem with malice and that's it. The steal mechanic & utility skills are independent of rifle and so are most of the traits. This is by design as well. ANet wants build diversity, which is why elite specs enable you to use new weapons but don't force you to.

@Smite.3087 said:

Yes, you can use other play-styles with it; all I am saying is that in order for DE truly to shine, it needs to use the weapon it was made in mind with. No point in ignoring rifle buffs because we have other weapons when the point of DE is the rifle and being a sniper/gunslinger esque person. So that talk about rifles should be included here.

On a side note, can anyone else not edit their posts after it is made? Used to be a 15 minute time gap, but now you can't even do it right after you made it.

@RoterFuchs.9216 said:

@RoterFuchs.9216 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

What's the point of Dragonhunter without the bow? Oh right, It's a seriously great spec and the bow actually makes it weaker. Same deal with Deadeye and rifle. I've played through the entire PoF content (story + map completions) using rifle. It was kind of fun, but whenever I was in a pinch I swapped to D/P and just had so much more survivability and damage. Same deal with P/P. It simply out-damages rifle by a lot, doesn't hog as much initiative and provides hard cc for bosses. The deadeye spec is viable without rifle. Rifle in and of itself, however, is not, which is why you should take a look at them separately.

Then they should buff it until it is great. I don't want talk of the rifle or buffs to be missed in discussion because there are other weapons. Yes, you can use other weapons with it, but saying no rifle talk because it is separate issue is wrong when they bloody made the spec with rifle in mind. I don't know any other way to say it. What they did with the DH is wrong as well where they should have buffed the bow to make it good with the spec.

I don't care about it's other weapons when the rifle needs fixing which means adjusting the spec as well.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Smite.3087 said:

Yes, you can use other play-styles with it; all I am saying is that in order for DE truly to shine, it needs to use the weapon it was made in mind with. No point in ignoring rifle buffs because we have other weapons when the point of DE is the rifle and being a sniper/gunslinger esque person. So that talk about rifles should be included here.

On a side note, can anyone else not edit their posts after it is made? Used to be a 15 minute time gap, but now you can't even do it right after you made it.

There's only one trait in DE spec that is Rifle specific just as there is only one trait that is Staff specific in DD.

Therefore they can shine without the weapons they came with.

This is why, in my history of posts, I have stated that the new weapons should not be tied to the specs.

If you look at DA, it has a Pistol specific trait, yet the trait line is not required to use Pistols. Same goes with Acro and swords.

If they do this, they can open more builds where Staff DE is an option. DD can solve some of the Rifle's issues.

@Smite.3087 said:

There's only one trait in DE spec that is Rifle specific just as there is only one trait that is Staff specific in DD.

Therefore they can shine without the weapons they came with.

This is why, in my history of posts, I have stated that the new weapons should not be tied to the specs.

If you look at DA, it has a Pistol specific trait, yet the trait line is not required to use Pistols. Same goes with Acro and swords.

If they do this, they can open more builds where Staff DE is an option. DD can solve some of the Rifle's issues.

I know other weapons can shine with it, but I think the main focus on buffs and fixes should be its signature weapon which is the rifle. They should not balance the raids/fractals using any other weapon then the rifle for DE. The rifle has to become 33k dps viable.

Archived