Squad Lieutenant Tags [suggestion]

@Veprovina.4876 said:Only if i can turn that option off, i don't care where the squad liutenants are, i don't need to know their location at all.A better feature would be, different color name tags for your subgroup so you know where your people are.Who cares where the liutenant is?

If lieutenants were more useful with tags people would care more. Both tags and sub-group color would be useful. An on/off option seems a logical inclusion.

@Zahld.4956 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Only if i can turn that option off, i don't care where the squad liutenants are, i don't need to know their location at all.A better feature would be, different color name tags for your subgroup so you know where your people are.Who cares where the liutenant is?

If lieutenants were more useful with tags people would care more. Both tags and sub-group color would be useful. An on/off option seems a logical inclusion.

What use of a liutenant tag do you have in mind? How would they be useful?

I use object markers too, and I think they're even better than lt. tags would be since I can tag anyone in the squad, lieutenant or not. If Anet put more tags in the game, I'd want them as markers rather than lt. tags. One possible addition would be markers that only the commander can use and not the lieutenants.

I agree that tagging people works well, but more markers or a way to tag someone that only shows up for people in their sub-group could sometimes be useful.

I suppose it depends a bit on what content you play and how the squad operates, but in general I'd say knowing where the lieutenant is would be useful for the same reasons that knowing where the commander is can be useful. For example in Dragon's Stand when it gets to the points where there's 2 or 3 events running at once some commanders will split the squad between them rather than doing one after the other, and then a lieutenant will lead the other groups and it's useful to know who that is and where they are so you can follow them to where the event is happening.

We have been wanting more commander QoL in WvW for years and had to drag Anet kicking and screaming just to avoid a monetized color system (yes the plan was that each color cost 300g).

I recommend posting PvE raid videos while ranting about tag features. Maybe that'll get something done.

@Danikat.8537 said:I agree that tagging people works well, but more markers or a way to tag someone that only shows up for people in their sub-group could sometimes be useful.

I suppose it depends a bit on what content you play and how the squad operates, but in general I'd say knowing where the lieutenant is would be useful for the same reasons that knowing where the commander is can be useful. For example in Dragon's Stand when it gets to the points where there's 2 or 3 events running at once some commanders will split the squad between them rather than doing one after the other, and then a lieutenant will lead the other groups and it's useful to know who that is and where they are so you can follow them to where the event is happening.

Huh... I totally forgot Commanders were a thing in PvE lol (and i AM one lol), i was mostly arguing from WvW perspective where everyone stacks and you have no benefit from knowing where your liutenant is as no one cares. :tongue: You're off tag, you die, everyone knows that lol.But yeah, in PvE, it would actually help, especially with splitting squads, good point! :+1:

@"Zohane.7208" said:I use object markers too, and I think they're even better than lt. tags would be since I can tag anyone in the squad, lieutenant or not. If Anet put more tags in the game, I'd want them as markers rather than lt. tags. One possible addition would be markers that only the commander can use and not the lieutenants.

Yes, since liutenants can also put markers, it wold be very helpful to add "Commander only" markers for convenience. :+1:

Yeah. Such stuff could be useful. (Also - as Danikat mentioned - showing people in your subgroup only or showing them in different color.) I sometimes find the location markers hard to find/notice. The tags seem to be better visible.

Those should only show when in the squad. Being optional would be a nice idea. And maybe them colored or with numbers in the middle. Maybe showing only the tag for a a specific lieutenant for each sub group - so it can be organized: 1 groupd going to location A and the lieutenant leads and the group follows and only sees his icon. And not some location markers that are visible to everyone.

In Crown Pavillon (soon we have that festival again) it works easy with only 1 commander and location tags. Cause the locations are all next to each other and easy to access. There might be stuff though where you could want to coordinate smaller subgroups for moving targets. (ArenaNet probably prefers though that in that case more than 1 commander tag is used ... and bought - gold bein spent.)

When players know that to do ... it probably gets more and more meaningless. But for coording new players in events where multiple locations need to be observed/defended - it could be useful. (Not every player uses discord or informs himself in a Wiki.) Triple Trouble ... it probably will be too hard with only 1 squad. (50/3 is not enough.)

But the Oil meta in Thunderhead peaks ... 15 per each location works fine. And location markers. It is pretty easy set up though - so not too hard to do it without sub-tags. But new players could move faster when the defending and oil collecting is finished and when they need to know that there is still a final boss to move toward ... moving sub commander (= lieutenant) icon to follow might be nice.