General disappointment with Icebrood Saga

Erik.8593

I agree with you on some points OP!

I'll first start with stuff I liked though:

• I liked seriousness in storytelling and zones. Lack of Taimi was refreshing and I feel the story took itself seriously, as well as characters.
• I liked zones. Zones are so beautiful, clean and without annoying visual noise. My favorite being Bjora Marches.
• I LOVED music!!! I feel IBS has some of the best music there is in this game. The Norn Spirits music is so good, the Viking-like Bjora Marches track is insanely good, and then all those variations with Norn Spirits theme is insane, it even inspired me to write lyrics for it and sing it to my degu ❤️ 
• Loved meta events. Bjora Marches meta events are spot on!

Things I didn't like:

• Story felt rushed later on. We had very good character building, then suddenly things flipped and rushed fast...some characters changed for worse and got ruined...(Smodur and Bangar), and the finale was really disappointing, I still can't believe how rushed that felt...and ofc, the whole Braham part really made me ehhhhhhh x_x 
• Mastery points. Whyyy oh why did mastery points become such a chore? I don't want to grind endless strike mission achievements, nor do I want to do CM stuff, nor do I want to collect weapons which cost a ton. Why can't I just roam the world and get mastery points that way? Give us more options with masteries, please 😧 I am now missing just one mastery unlock and I can't get 4 mastery points anywhere, cause it's all gated behind content I really don't like.
• Grindy as heck in terms of crystal collection. 

All in all I feel IBS could've been incredible, but something happened and it just didn't deliver?
I think my greatest disappointment is with masteries, story finale and Champions release - as I don't see myself repeating those Dragon Response missions many times at all 😞

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:17 AM, Blur.3465 said:

• Mastery points. Whyyy oh why did mastery points become such a chore? I don't want to grind endless strike mission achievements, nor do I want to do CM stuff, nor do I want to collect weapons which cost a ton. Why can't I just roam the world and get mastery points that way? Give us more options with masteries, please 😧 I am now missing just one mastery unlock and I can't get 4 mastery points anywhere, cause it's all gated behind content I really don't like.
• Grindy as heck in terms of crystal collection. 

All in all I feel IBS could've been incredible, but something happened and it just didn't deliver?
I think my greatest disappointment is with masteries, story finale and Champions release - as I don't see myself repeating those Dragon Response missions many times at all 😞

This is indeed such a chore. I came back from a 3y break and god is that a grind.  LS 4 was super in that regard.