Video: Easily the best condi mirage main I've ever seen (must see)

solemn.9608

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

kitten, the golfing clip in the middle of that was funny, reminds me of the old days of asuran ball down by the windmill, does anyone even do that type of stuff anymore?

Lol those were the good days, though we used to play that in the guild hall.

I'm not aware of anybody still doing it but I'm sure if you look around enough you could find a guild willing to try again haha.

The memes were genuinely funny but can someone explain how to faceroll mesmer pls. I don't get it. I just press 1 2 3 4 5? But this guy is god-tier good, there is no way that's all he has to do.

I mean dire/TB has always been busted OP, and condi mirage has WAY more sustain than most people actually understand.

Guy plays well and actually uses mirrors which is why around 99% of the mirages you find who don't use half their mechanics think the class is horrible.

Yeah power is in a terrible state but let's not delude ourselves into thinking anything but guardian, ranger, and somewhat necro and engi have any build diversity without huge disparities between their dominant builds and everything else.

5 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Condi mesmer is fun. I don't really have any idea is this some troll video where some player use condi mesmer first time or is he played spec like +5k hours. 😄 

I'm tempted to say its the former, but I also have an extreme disdain for staff cMirage builds.  A friend of mine who is not a Mesmer main went through a phase of playing it during the peak of its effectiveness.  When I asked him why he was playing a build that was so obviously beneath his skill level, he brought us to a dueling circle and requested a duel with a class that can't break targeting.  He promised that he would close his eyes for the entire duel.  He won every single fight.  I obviously can't confirm that he actually kept his eyes closed, but his play definitely supported the claim.  There was no obvious attempt at actively dodging enemy skills or timing his own abilities based on enemy cool-downs.  He just ran around like an kitten while his clones slowly killed them with IH attacks.  I've been a Mesmer main since late 2012 and have put over 10k hours into the class; I've seen and played problematic builds before, but the reputation damage and severe nerfs caused by cMirage are on another level.  I can't think of anything as easy and effective as cMirage was at its prime.  Core and Mirage nerfs definitely raised its skill floor while lowering its overall effectiveness, but the damage to Mesmer as a whole is done.  I can't help but cringe anytime I see it played. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curunen.8729 said:

Props to them actually running a decent amount of cleanse - see too many going all in that melt under any incoming burst/pressure.

Doesn't run blink though, so the escape or ability to maintain pressure against mobile people is pretty limited. Not to mention the lack of stun break. Not saying he's bad, or running a bad build. Just pointing out that there's always a trade-off.

• Like 1

Hard to watch the video. Not saying the guy has no skill (not at all), but the whole gloating and being as toxic as possible shouldn't have a place here.
The "duel" with Vallun seems a bit fishy to say the least. Especially when we all know that videos (pvp and wvw) are always showing wins not losses and you can cut out what you dislike before.

Wouldn't watch again, sorry not sorry.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hackuuna.4085 said:

Doesn't run blink though, so the escape or ability to maintain pressure against mobile people is pretty limited. Not to mention the lack of stun break. Not saying he's bad, or running a bad build. Just pointing out that there's always a trade-off.

Yeah I find the lack of blink disturbing and certainly multiple instances where no answer to incoming cc/burst. I can't play without blink and an additional gtfo skill . Looks like troll duelling build.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jemdarr.2158 said:

Hard to watch the video. Not saying the guy has no skill (not at all), but the whole gloating and being as toxic as possible shouldn't have a place here.
The "duel" with Vallun seems a bit fishy to say the least. Especially when we all know that videos (pvp and wvw) are always showing wins not losses and you can cut out what you dislike before.

Wouldn't watch again, sorry not sorry.

I don’t think there is anything fishy. Condo mirage hard counters power Mesmer builds. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

not really there are power mirage builds that counter condi mirages that dont need to run inspiration line 

And I would think if they're running high stealth uptime they could probably just hide in stealth while the clones either disappear on their own or the power mesmer finds the actual player and insta-gibs them.

It's still risky falls back on the skill level of the mesmer. I wouldn't say either one of them counter each other though.

Or, just do what everyone else does by ruining a condi mirage's experience and los everything because clones are dumb and either get cleaved instantly or take 10 minutes to walk around an los drop.

Edited by Bast.7253

11 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

not really there are power mirage builds that counter condi mirages that dont need to run inspiration line 

Sure, some people have 11 fingers but we teach that people have 10 fingers. 

The overwhelming number of power builds lack condi cleanse and are countered by condi pressure. This isn’t anything new or ground breaking I’m stating here. 

• Like 3