Good job on the DH longbow changes!

mrauls.6519

11 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

I am not sure whether they are hard mode or not, some people say weaver is also hard mode (hard to play)...

11k Hp on face value is very low, yes, but shouldn't we judge a class based on the overall toolkit it has? As already agreed by others, F3, RF, and TRAPPER RUNE, makes it quite hard to kill in UNORGANISED ranked games, which the majority of people play most of the time.

Moreover, if we purely judge on HP, then the next in the line is probably Thief around 15k hp, which is about 4k higher than DH, but it is also a medium amour class, so the true number might be lower. But it is meta?

yea, maybe the LR weaver should come next, but it is quite strong in certain matchups. 

Thief is the single most tanky class in the game. You should never die unless you severely misplay. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Thief is the single most tanky class in the game. You should never die unless you severely misplay. 

Maybe you misunderstood my post... I was saying should not judge a class based on HP alone... Otherwise, thief would be also bad, since it has medium armour and only 15k HP, not that much higher than 11k DH.

Just now, Crozame.4098 said:

Maybe you misunderstood my post... I was saying should not judge a class based on HP alone... Otherwise, thief would be also bad, since it has medium armour and only 15k HP, not that much higher than 11k DH.

Thief has 11k health. Not 15k. 

The biggest offender to guard sustainability is that they have very little, to no defensives that scale. Take thief as the most obvious example right. I had a game vs Sind the other day on stream where I hit him for a 10k Trueshot from stealth. He then quadruple dodges away and I have no way of ever catching him, right?

Weaver is the same in terms of evade frames, it doesn't matter how many people attack the weaver. So long as he has cds, he will live. 

Guard lacks durational blocks and it lacks evade frames and vigor. A single stack of aegis will do very little when getting +1d, or when against a class with many multihit attacks, like mesmer or LB ranger, also in teamfights. 

I hate having to play trapper rune. But it's the only way to not get farmed by players well below my skill level. I want my class to function without cheese mechanics, but truth of the story, it doesn't. I would love a full weapon Rework to make our skills actually hit. It's laughable how bad the tracking is, I'll make a video to demonstrate it if you want. 

Moral of the story, we need to depend on cheese to actually do something. Be it zerk trapper or burn dh.

1 minute ago, Math.5123 said:

Thief has 11k health. Not 15k. 

The biggest offender to guard sustainability is that they have very little, to no defensives that scale. Take thief as the most obvious example right. I had a game vs Sind the other day on stream where I hit him for a 10k Trueshot from stealth. He then quadruple dodges away and I have no way of ever catching him, right?

Weaver is the same in terms of evade frames, it doesn't matter how many people attack the weaver. So long as he has cds, he will live. 

Guard lacks durational blocks and it lacks evade frames and vigor. A single stack of aegis will do very little when getting +1d, or when against a class with many multihit attacks, like mesmer or LB ranger, also in teamfights. 

I hate having to play trapper rune. But it's the only way to not get farmed by players well below my skill level. I want my class to function without cheese mechanics, but truth of the story, it doesn't. I would love a full weapon Rework to make our skills actually hit. It's laughable how bad the tracking is, I'll make a video to demonstrate it if you want. 

Moral of the story, we need to depend on cheese to actually do something. Be it zerk trapper or burn dh.

Thief has 11k health. Not 15k: thief uses divinity so the HP is slightly higher. But 11k further illustrates my point of not judging a class based on HP alone....

Trapper rune is just a bad mechanic, it also give rises to more brainless builds such as condi trapper ranger/slb/druid. Rework DH if necessary but remove trapper rune. 

5 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Thief has 11k health. Not 15k: thief uses divinity so the HP is slightly higher. But 11k further illustrates my point of not judging a class based on HP alone....

Trapper rune is just a bad mechanic, it also give rises to more brainless builds such as condi trapper ranger/slb/druid. Rework DH if necessary but remove trapper rune. 

The point is not how much base health the class has, it's how much health it can have while still dealing meaningful dmg.

Zerker DH has to play with 11k health to do so, thief doesn't. That's the issue.

If i could take marauder and still deal dmg I would, but I can't.

Zerk core guardian also suffers from this bit atleast it has more healing and condi cleanse.

We need some change that would allow us to have at least 14k health and keep our dmg.