Good job on the DH longbow changes!

mrauls.6519

The problem with any Power dps guard right now is that they have to run zerker to have meaningful damage.

And with zerker they only have 11k health, they'll always be rather weak because of that limitation.

That's also why guards mostly played condition builds before it was ulta-mega nerfed, because they could run carrion and actually have some hp.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DanSH.6143 said:

The problem with any Power dps guard right now is that they have to run zerker to have meaningful damage.

And with zerker they only have 11k health, they'll always be rather weak because of that limitation.

That's also why guards mostly played condition builds before it was ulta-mega nerfed, because they could run carrion and actually have some hp.

F3, RF, and  most importantly trapper rune makes it hard to kill even with 11k HP...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

F3, RF, and  most importantly trapper rune makes it hard to kill even with 11k HP...

those help but not enough to compensate for the lack of health. it's just too low to be viable in pvp.

I don't think there's any viable spec that doesn't have atleast 15k health and most have much more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanSH.6143 said:

those help but not enough to compensate for the lack of health. it's just too low to be viable in pvp.

I don't think there's any viable spec that doesn't have atleast 15k health and most have much more.

Berserker Guardian with trapper runes is plenty viable in PvP. Trapper rune is going to get nerfed because of just how obnoxious it has enabled DH to become. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DanSH.6143 said:

You can easily reach top plat with a core guard power build, it's not weak. Sorry but saying below 15k is not viable in spvp is a lack of understanding of how the game is played atm. And how the armor affect the resistance. Heavy with 11k is fine.

Edited by Guirssane.7082
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DanSH.6143 said:

11k is plenty when you have built in sustain in your profession before picking anything.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

11k is plenty when you have built in sustain in your profession before picking anything.

And that built in sustain is.... ?

Block 1 attack on a 45s CD. That's all a GS guardian has. Wauw. That totally is equal to Rev's block/evade chain or Full-Counter.

:eyeroll:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

You can easily reach top plat with a core guard power build, it's not weak. Sorry but saying below 15k is not viable in spvp is a lack of understanding of how the game is played atm. And how the armor affect the resistance. Heavy with 11k is fine.

You can reach high plat with literally any spec if you're a decent player. It means nothing.

When was the last time you saw a power-DPS guard being played in a serious tournament?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with you, the changes are appreciated, but it is still kinda sad, that DH has to rely on Trapper Runes and has to go full glass canon to be somewhat „viable“.

I also agree with the low HP pool statement, walking around with 11K HP is extremely frustrating

I would only disagree with Deflecting Shot - sure Test of Faith combos are cool - but I would want to see the knockback and ground target mechanics gone completely in order to make place for some follow-up damage on longbow, because LB 3, 4 and 5 are easily avoided by walking a few steps and True Shot most often misses once a player knows they are tethered by F1.

They could keep the „deflecting“ mechanic and make it somewhat like a weak Sevenshot, just with 3 arrows, so that it has a chance to actually deflect something. Right now there is no „deflection“ going on in Deflecting Shot, because projectiles travel faster than I could groundtarget and cast Deflecting Shot

Edited by snoow.1694
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Block 1 attack on a 45s CD. That's all a GS guardian has. Wauw. That totally is equal to Rev's block/evade chain or Full-Counter.

You may compare it to Full Counter if you'd like even though that's not really what defines Warrior from the base, Elites never have, however Revenant has had nothing built-in until the still recent Ancient Echo minus elite specs that like any other changes it's fundamental, if we're going to talk about utilities then there's plenty that justifies having 11k health compared Warriors 19k or Revenant 15k base.

Because Revenant block/evade chain is not built-in, it's utilities and weapon skills.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

You can reach high plat with literally any spec if you're a decent player. It means nothing.

When was the last time you saw a power-DPS guard being played in a serious tournament?

Symbol Guard was meta right before Burn Guard was. Trapper power DH is going to be the one of the more degen builds this season. One obnoxious Guardian build after the next.

Edited by Ronald McDonald.8165
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Symbol Guard was meta right before Burn Guard was. Trapper power DH is going to be the one of the more degen builds this season. One obnoxious Guardian build after the next.

That ran berserker did it? The topic being discussed was the viability of berserker DPS builds, not bunker mender builds.

I'll ask the question again; when was the last time you saw a power guardian in tournament playing the same role as a PHerald / Nadesmith / Reaper ? Ya know, something running GS or LB or hammer, not afk'ing in mace/shield.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

That ran berserker did it? The topic being discussed was the viability of berserker DPS builds, not bunker mender builds.

I'll ask the question again; when was the last time you saw a power guardian in tournament playing the same role as a PHerald / Nadesmith / Reaper ?

Do we live in some bizarro world every class is supposed to always have a viable build for every role? 

Are you trying to argue that in the current landscape of GW2 that trapper power DH isn't a degen build? I'm trying to figure out what we are even discussing. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

All that GS guardian has?

Why are you ignoring that guardian has a permanent health regeneration from his virtues?

Which can also get activated for an additional heal and condition removal.

In emergency, you can also activate the aegis virtue to get another aegis immediately (or a directional block in case of dragonhunter)

Saying that all built in sustain guardian has is "one block every 45 seconds" is straight up lying.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DanSH.6143 said:

... Plenty of trapper LB DH at p1-p2 or even higher games. It is fine. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Do we live in some bizarro world every class is supposed to always have a viable build for every role? 

Are you trying to argue that in the current landscape of GW2 that trapper power DH isn't a degen build? I'm trying to figure out what we are even discussing. 

I agree Trapper DH shouldn't be a thing.

But without it, LB is pretty much unusable as a weapon.

If you don't go full glass, your True-Shots hit for 2k, and your autos for 300. If you do go full glass, you melt as soon as F3 runs out. Unless you have stealth from trapper.

If it were me, I'd remove trapper runes completely, and rework Longbow, Hammer and GS into viable weapons without cheese mechanics.

I want guardian to not always be locked into playing degen builds that rely on symbols, trapper runes, passive burn ticks. But at the moment, that's all its options (aside from support, but that shouldn't be only viable option. If you think it is, ask spellbreakers how they feel about that).

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

I agree Trapper DH shouldn't be a thing.

But without it, LB is pretty much unusable as a weapon.

If you don't go full glass, your True-Shots hit for 2k, and your autos for 300. If you do go full glass, you melt as soon as F3 runs out. Unless you have stealth from trapper.

If it were me, I'd remove trapper runes completely, and rework Longbow, Hammer and GS into viable weapons without cheese mechanics.

I want guardian to not always be locked into playing degen builds that rely on symbols, trapper runes, passive burn ticks. But at the moment, that's all its options (aside from support, but that shouldn't be only viable option. If you think it is, ask spellbreakers how they feel about that).

I 100% agree with you. 

5 hours ago, Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

Symbols guards were a thing because both support, heals and damage became so nerfed in Firebrands that the spec felt useless. Symbol guard was good because most of people is too stubborn to evade. Then symbols were nerfed and Guardians moved to burn DH (a PvE build) because players did keept playing as bad as the PvE foes, so worked well. Now with F1 procs nerfed so symbols no longer proc burns and Sword of Justice downgraded to a bite of a moquito the burn DH is almost as trashy as the Firebrand, but people still plays so bad that struggle with DH's long bow (a weapon absent from PvP since... two years ago?). Guardians are currently amongts the classes with less variety in PvP in both builds and roles, but people keep moaning...    The responses in this thread are fun.  Just accept that you will dislike any Guardian build which beats you, and the only reason you feel ofended is because some of those Guardians are winning despite running mediocre builds (which is what they do): 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Symbols guards were a thing because both support, heals and damage became so nerfed in Firebrands that the spec felt useless. Symbol guard was good because most of people is too stubborn to evade. Then symbols were nerfed and Guardians moved to burn DH (a PvE build) because players did keept playing as bad as the PvE foes, so worked well. Now with F1 procs nerfed so symbols no longer proc burns and Sword of Justice downgraded to a bite of a moquito the burn DH is almost as trashy as the Firebrand, but people still plays so bad that struggle with DH's long bow (a weapon absent from PvP since... two years ago?). Guardians are currently amongts the classes with less variety in PvP in both builds and roles, but people keep moaning...    The responses in this thread are fun.  Just accept that you will dislike any Guardian build which beats you, and the only reason you feel ofended is because some of those Guardians are winning despite running mediocre builds (which is what they do): 

warrior would like to have a word with you regarding build diversity

• Like 2

On 5/21/2021 at 4:44 PM, Shao.7236 said:

That 1 stack of aegis is indeed a huge buff to guard sustain. I can honestly take it or leave it, especially for 6k more max health.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

That 1 stack of aegis is indeed a huge buff to guard sustain. I can honestly take it or leave it, especially for 6k more max health.

In a vacuum with only built in skills against the others, Guardian comes on top.

That's not counting all the improvements that can be added.

Y'all really underestimate what it means to have a unavoidable burn, 2 cleanses and 1 block on demand.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 9:38 PM, Buran.3796 said:

This is actually one of the more delusional posts I think I have read. Symbol guard was good because it provided strong point presence and was a very low skill, high reward build. People had problems with the build because you could outplay the Guardian in every conceivable way possible, lose the duel and be unable to even decap the point. This is a problem because this a competitive game. In a competitive game you should be punished for your mistakes and rewarded for outplaying your opponent. Symbol guardian, deemed "Symbol Monkey" by the community was so overloaded with passive defenses and active defenses that you could make constant mistakes, never hit your dodge key and still win the fight. This is a problem. 

I am not even going to address your burn DH comments. There is clearly such a huge disconnect between reality and the way you perceive your class. This isn't "Guardians winning despite running mediocre builds". This is Guardians winning because they play builds that play themselves. 

• Thanks 4